curiosity of channeling speed

Options
ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
i always wondered...does RB(clerics skill red bubble speeds channeling 20%) channeling gear and windrage all stack up?
if so...it would be possible to have like...instant tame then huh? b:chuckle
but yea if any1 can get back to me on that i would greatly appreciate it cuz my gf wants a kowlin and some veno there always catches it like within 2 seconds b:surrender
atleast i dont let her give up on that b:victory
Post edited by ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Faster taming isn't going to be a great advantage because you're still limited by cooldown time. You also have no idea how fast that mob's HP is going to go down with multiple people attacking it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    RB should stack but it's not a big advantage, you can already use Relentless Courage for an 18% channeling boost if you level a genie up. Windrage I'm not sure on, I was under the impression it halved your current speed rather than added 50% channeling. I say this since I do see a speed difference with Relentless Courage going that isn't simply being eyeballed (6 vs 5 nukes during spark for example, or a real nice healing boost), but I don't notice it all that much during tame. RC+Channeling puts me at 38% channeling (21 worn, 17 genie), and if Windrage boosted me to 88% it would be very obvious, however it only seems to boost me to 69% which isn't as obvious, though it's still enough to guarantee I get the first shot at taming pretty much every time.

And tame will never be instant, you still have a 1 sec cast time after the 6 (or less) channel time even with 100% channeling.
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    weird cuz i saw a veno at the tabby spawn point and she used her pet a lvl 40+ eldergoth and somehow every1 but her started to tame
    and a second later i see her glow and the tabby was gone...she was the only one who casted and it was pretty much almost instant lol
    rb stood no chance D:
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    weird cuz i saw a veno at the tabby spawn point and she used her pet a lvl 40+ eldergoth and somehow every1 but her started to tame
    and a second later i see her glow and the tabby was gone...she was the only one who casted and it was pretty much almost instant lol
    rb stood no chance D:

You sure if wasnt because all the other venos failed and she got it last?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yea im sure...i didnt see any "Failed" above the pets name...it just disappeared right when she did it and every1 else was glowing blue...even she laughed when she flew away b:surrender
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yea im sure...i didnt see any "Failed" above the pets name...it just disappeared right when she did it and every1 else was glowing blue...even she laughed when she flew away b:surrender

There's a rumor of a high-level apothecary item that can only be manufactured if your faction owns a territory. Supposedly it eliminates the channeling duration entirely. Since neither I nor my faction have any interest in TW, I can't verify or deny this. But perhaps someone in a territory-holding faction can.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11299
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wow lol...too bad i deleted all my friends from those factions that own land...got tired of them bugging me for fb's and if ppl in my faction have fb's
    and it sucks cuz on sanctuary only 2 factions own all the land sucks seeing the map only 2 colors b:surrender
    but thx for that info imma look up on that a bit more b:victory
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not a rumour... anyone in a faction owning archosaur or dribbling spring can make it, and it's basically the same as a wizard's essential sutra.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • ShAdeReAP - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    any1 can use though? if they pay for it of course :p
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User