Bought wings vs regular wings

plays2much
plays2much Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
I was looking at the cash shop and noticed lvl 30 wings :
normal +1.00m/s
fast +3.00m/s
duration 300/600 secs

What is this normal vs fast? How do you fly fast vs normal? And why would anyone want to fly normal if you can fly fast?

What's the duration? Is that for flying fast? Do you start off flying fast and then slow down after 300 secs? What's the 600 sec mean?

My regular elf wings will eventually be +1.00 m/s by the time I hit lvl 29, so I'm trying to see if it's beneficial to get these wings considering my regular wings will eventually max out at +2.00 m/s and has no duration limits.
Post edited by plays2much on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    plays2much wrote: »
    I was looking at the cash shop and noticed lvl 30 wings :
    normal +1.00m/s
    fast +3.00m/s
    duration 300/600 secs

What is this normal vs fast? How do you fly fast vs normal? And why would anyone want to fly normal if you can fly fast?

What's the duration? Is that for flying fast? Do you start off flying fast and then slow down after 300 secs? What's the 600 sec mean?

My regular elf wings will eventually be +1.00 m/s by the time I hit lvl 29, so I'm trying to see if it's beneficial to get these wings considering my regular wings will eventually max out at +2.00 m/s and has no duration limits.

natural elven wings=poopy because they limit ur mp usage to 50%

boutique wings and eagle wings do not limit ur mp usage to 50% tho

normal speed is speed without aceleration(press E second ones on the uper right corner) fast speed is speed while wings are in the aceleration mode howewer this mode uses CHI STONES which u can obtain by decomposing armour and weapons

btw u can byu those wings with ingame coins
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    "flying fast" b:cry
    That "flying fast" you keep repeating on your post is called acceleration ingame :P
    Normal wings don't have acceleration and the max speed they can reach is +2.00 (by lvling flying mastery), bought wings can reach up to 3.00 speed and accelerate them as well (for a certain amount of time) to 6.00. Once you have dried out your time limit you need some kind of stones to recharge it.

Now if the normal wings are better? no they're not but they are cheap to max out and can work finely till you reach a lvl where money is not a problem and get better wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    "flying fast" b:cry
    That "flying fast" you keep repeating on your post is called acceleration ingame :P
    Normal wings don't have acceleration and the max speed they can reach is +2.00 (by lvling flying mastery), bought wings can reach up to 3.00 speed and accelerate them as well (for a certain amount of time) to 6.00.

You mean 600 sec which can be increase to 900 with chi stones as Alyyy has stated.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lvl 10 Flight Mastery + Cheap Mount = Win

Even spurred snow cubs and panthers can be found in the auction house for 800k-1.2m if you keep checking and lvl 10 flight mastery can quickly get you around the places a mount can't. The only use pretty cash shop wings have is showing off to other players and that says one of two things: "I spent real life money on something that helps me show off to other people in an online game" OR "I have sacrificed leveling skills, buying armor, weapons, potions, charms or some other vital thing to buy this item that helps me show off to other people, aren't you glad to have me in your squad or faction?"

This goes double for fashion as it doesn't even help you get places quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Even spurred snow cubs and panthers can be found in the auction house for 800k-1.2m if you keep checking and lvl 10 flight mastery can quickly get you around the places a mount can't. The only use pretty cash shop wings have is showing off to other players and that says one of two things: "I spent real life money on something that helps me show off to other people in an online game" OR "I have sacrificed leveling skills, buying armor, weapons, potions, charms or some other vital thing to buy this item that helps me show off to other people, aren't you glad to have me in your squad or faction?"

100% agree but i cant avoid the temptation that fairy dress gives me... (sorry for crazy english)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009

i swear ur crazy lvl 10 flyght mastery+a mount=fail

u should get wings rather then a mount and for this---> "I have sacrificed leveling skills, buying armor, weapons, potions, charms or some other vital thing to buy this item that helps me show off to other people, aren't you glad to have me in your squad or faction?"

u are such an idiot u obviously dont have any idea how to farm for cash or anything go crawl into a small hole and die

and if ur too lazy to meditate i feel sory for u at such a lvl u dont need to buy pots

ppl who actualy manage to not spend any real cash and have cash shop items are good players if u ask me(which is also set under my goals...to not spend ewen a cent on this game)

btw fast wings=u get faster to a location and u do wq easyer gezee u drunk or something?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009

u should get wings rather then a mount and for this---> "I have sacrificed leveling skills, buying armor, weapons, potions, charms or some other vital thing to buy this item that helps me show off to other people, aren't you glad to have me in your squad or faction?"

u are such an idiot u obviously dont have any idea how to farm for cash or anything go crawl into a small hole and die

and if ur too lazy to meditate i feel sory for u at such a lvl u dont need to buy pots

ppl who actualy manage to not spend any real cash and have cash shop items are good players if u ask me(which is also set under my goals...to not spend ewen a cent on this game)

btw fast wings=u get faster to a location and u do wq easyer gezee u drunk or something?

May what u say is right.... But i will never understand why in all the forums about mmorpgs ppl NEED to be aggressive agains all the other, even when ppl just express their opinion without flame against anyone...

@About duration of flying items... Swords have a maximum time after that u need to put any kind of stone on them to fly? Or the duration was about the hasted speed? (sry, as i say all the times are 5 days i play here... and i know almost nothing...)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    May what u say is right.... But i will never understand why in all the forums about mmorpgs ppl NEED to be aggressive agains all the other, even when ppl just express their opinion without flame against anyone...

@About duration of flying items... Swords have a maximum time after that u need to put any kind of stone on them to fly? Or the duration was about the hasted speed? (sry, as i say all the times are 5 days i play here... and i know almost nothing...)

first i did not flame and second i do it because i can

depends on the lvl of the aerogear, u put in them chi stones any kind(exept mirages i think)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    All the aerogears (elf wings, human swords, untamed beats) use the same system. So, if one of these say something like 300/600, that means that it can be accelerated for about 300 seconds, regardless of what type of flying item it is.

And for the stones used to increase the acceleration time, they're called chi stones. As stated earlier by Alyyy, these are obtained by decomposing armor, weapons, or ornaments. The higher the stone level, the more time you get from it, but higher end stones need higher level equipment to get. Just drag the stack of stones to the wing icon in your inventory, and there you go.

For everyone else arguing in this thread, don't. It just doesn't accomplish anything. It all comes down to player preference in the end. There isn't any one 'best' way to handle transport in this game, so please don't try and say there is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    For everyone else arguing in this thread, don't. It just doesn't accomplish anything. It all comes down to player preference in the end. There isn't any one 'best' way to handle transport in this game, so please don't try and say there is.

yes there is a "best" way to handle transport in this game lol

WINGS WINGS AND MORE WINGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    May i am ****... So chi stones are required to use acceleration or to use wings/swords/pets also in nromal speed?
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009

Sorry to take so long responding to this, but I had to go to the ER to be treated for the smoke inhalation your totally unreasonable (and rather childish) flaming caused me.

For starters, the statements expressed in my previous post were true. Snow Cubs and Panthers are cheap, and guess what, they go faster then wings, even max upgraded wings. Secondly, why would you assume that I don't don't know how to make money? Honestly, based on what I said in my previous post, you have absolutely no reason to think that ... unless you just didn't understand the meaning of my post. Allow me to explain what I meant:

When I said that people who buy cash shop wings were sacrificing vital things like "weapons potions charms or some other vital thing" I was making an illustration as if to say they spent all of their money on the wings and didn't have anything left to buy the items necessary to help them in combat, hence making them fairly useless to their squad and faction mates. Clearly this isn't always the case, as some people bask in the warm glow of their monitor's rays long enough to earn the cash to buy both necessary items and expensive wings, so if I have offended your vanity, I apologize.

Happy Gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only use pretty cash shop wings have is showing off to other players and that says one of two things: ...

Perhaps they can also save you some time when you do world quest?

Or, if you prefer a scholastic approach: If you spend two hours a day, doing world quest, and you can save 15 minutes of your wq time, how many days would you have to do world quest to cover your wings' costs?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Sorry to take so long responding to this, but I had to go to the ER to be treated for the smoke inhalation your totally unreasonable (and rather childish) flaming caused me.

For starters, the statements expressed in my previous post were true. Snow Cubs and Panthers are cheap, and guess what, they go faster then wings, even max upgraded wings. Secondly, why would you assume that I don't don't know how to make money? Honestly, based on what I said in my previous post, you have absolutely no reason to think that ... unless you just didn't understand the meaning of my post. Allow me to explain what I meant:

When I said that people who buy cash shop wings were sacrificing vital things like "weapons potions charms or some other vital thing" I was making an illustration as if to say they spent all of their money on the wings and didn't have anything left to buy the items necessary to help them in combat, hence making them fairly useless to their squad and faction mates. Clearly this isn't always the case, as some people bask in the warm glow of their monitor's rays long enough to earn the cash to buy both necessary items and expensive wings, so if I have offended your vanity, I apologize.

Happy Gaming.

oh and gues what with a mount u must also go UP AND DOWN THE MOUNTAINS in the way(water/gaps...etc...ect....)AND u can also fall off of ur mount

just learn to play....

u clearly do not enjoy this game...and as i stated be4 go crawl into a small hole and die...we wont miss u i promise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    oh and gues what with a mount u must also go UP AND DOWN THE MOUNTAINS in the way(water/gaps...etc...ect....)AND u can also fall off of ur mount

just learn to play....

u clearly do not enjoy this game...and as i stated be4 go crawl into a small hole and die...we wont miss u i promise
    That's why I suggested level 10 flight mastery. It is cheap and can get you around fast in the places a mount can't go. It is customary to actually read someone's post before responding to it, especially if you are going to be childish and rude in doing so. As for being knocked off a mount, at full loyalty (which can be gained in less then a week of feeding it water) the chances of that happening are 10%.

I don't know why you'd think I don't know to play or that I don't enjoy the game. It appears that you who are so quick to get angry over such a small shot to the ego and then continue to rage even after I apologized would be the one having trouble finding joy in something actually meant to be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    Monochrom - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Agreed with that natural elven wings stuff.
    Level 10 Flight Mastery is definitely enough for everything, till Lv. 70 if you're busy. World Quest is much faster with flying 3m/s.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Agreed with that natural elven wings stuff.
    Level 10 Flight Mastery is definitely enough for everything, till Lv. 70 if you're busy. World Quest is much faster with flying 3m/s.

theyre not better cuz they limit ur mp usage to 50%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Read before you write. I haven't said that they're "better" than Boutique wings, I wrote that they're "enough".
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Read before you write. I haven't said that they're "better" than Boutique wings, I wrote that they're "enough".

b:lipcurlsince when is 50% mp "enough"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Since "enough" means that it isn't good, but "enough" for questing and grinding slowly.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Everyone makes up the same questions...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=52302

[let's reassume... cash wings are faster and more beautiful but only for rich ppl that also have money to buy mp charms :P and natural wings are also good if we have spirits to spend on passives... but they also suck mp...]

Oh funny night crazyness, while my char is in auto piloting flight all over the perfect world...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Everyone makes up the same questions...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=52302

[let's reassume... cash wings are faster and more beautiful but only for rich ppl that also have money to buy mp charms :P and natural wings are also good if we have spirits to spend on passives... but they also suck mp...]

Cash shop wings don't suck mp when not being hasted unlike natural wings do.
  • Darxtar - Lost City
    Darxtar - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I totaly agree
  • Eirian - Dreamweaver
    Eirian - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok first off, why would you fight in air in the first place?To my knowledge (and if I have this wrong then I'm sorry)there's a damage reduction when fighting from air,I always fight on the ground,and I do just fine,so if I'm only using my wings for travel then the MP reduction doesn't matter dose it?Opinions are welcome^^,no flaming please.
    Characters:
    Eirian-Cleric/JulieHime-Venomancer-Proud member of WolfPack/ChastityHope-Archer/
    Ralphina-Blademaster/Calanthia-Wizard/RainbowLight-Cleric
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's only damage reduction if you fight ground mobs from the air, if you fight air mobs from the air there's no damage reduction, plus they give you 150% the exp (if I'm not mistaken) of that of ground mobs (swimming mobs have the same exp increase).
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    That's why I suggested level 10 flight mastery. It is cheap and can get you around fast in the places a mount can't go.

It also uses spirit which can use o skills why lvl up flight mastery when you can get set of wings unless you can't afford them but ther is the AH.Why waste spirit on flight mastery?
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Because, not everyone can afford to spend in game money on cash shop wings from the AH. Wings are expensive, no matter where they are bought from. Leveling Flight Mastery is a lot cheaper, as it's the cheapest skill, both in money and spirit. Upgrading this skill helps them fly faster until they can get enough coins to buy a set of wings. There's nothing really wrong with using the default wings for any length of time.

And, as for the 50% mp usage, in my experience, the amount of time fighting flying mobs is not significant, so this doesn't really matter that much. But, that's just from my time playing. Not sure if higher level flying mobs are fought more often or not. However, even if they are, it shouldn't be all that tricky to deal with, since mp regen rates are already drastically reduced in combat anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    It also uses spirit which can use o skills why lvl up flight mastery when you can get set of wings unless you can't afford them but ther is the AH.Why waste spirit on flight mastery?
    I don't really have a problem with SP. All of my buffs are maxed, I have my party buffs and my 59 skills (tempest, etc) and my attacks and mastery are lvled pretty decently for my level. Revive and flight mastery are both maxed. I'm not really hurting for spirit.

On the rare occasion that I do need to kill flying mobs, the mana charm I've had for weeks + the loads of pots I've collected doing quests and grinding are work perfectly fine to restore my mana.

As for traveling, my panther was cheaper AND faster then cash shop wings, even the fastest wings can't go 10 meters per second. "OMG a mountain?" Flight Mastery (Level 10) Enhance Winged Elf Flying Speed by 2.0. Blood Mist, Elven Radiance and Glitter Flaps don't even go that fast without upgrades and/or chi. Once I maxed Flight Mastery (12 levels ago) I was done spending money on it.

@Alyyy I don't mind being told to go crawl in a hole and die, as I have had much worse insults hurled at me with far greater finesse in my 9 years as an internet user, but telling me I don't know how to play or that I don't enjoy this game are baseless assumptions and we all know what assumptions do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009

lol thats PvE for ya.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    lol thats PvE for ya.
    Even though I trash talked assumptions in my previous post, I'm just gonna assume that you are agreeing with me, considering that fashion items like clothing, pretty wings and expensive mounts are big business on my server.

The post you quoted was not made without merit either. I can not even begin to count the number of times I've been in squads (or have quit factions) with people who have flown there using expensive wings and wearing pretty dresses and then have had to stop numerous times because they had no way of keeping their mana recharged, or archers are out of arrows or clerics (mainly, but it could be any class) don't have skills lvled up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]