Cleric Build-up Charts

Frijolero - Sanctuary
Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
Hi 'yall healers of Perfect World!

After readin' all the guides and comments I could find about clerics and their recommended build-ups, I finally made my Charts for each one of the ones I think are the most common ones.

The reason why I made them are two. The first one is to know how and where I need to allocate the stats point every time I level up to get the most efficient ditribution so I can unlock every weapon and armor once I reach the required level. Sure there are general guides that say 'W,X,Y,Z to every 2 levels' that work well, but I wanted so see in advance how my stats should look (and to test if those were able to do what they say b:chuckle).

The second was to do a pure stat comparison (and armor but just a raw impression of each one) between each buildup to see each one's advantages and disadvantages in order to choose the right one for my gamestyle.

The Charts

Ok, The charts are divided in 4 main buildup groups: Full Mag, 1-Vit, 2-Vit and 3-Vit ; and each is subdivided according the armor beign used: Arcane and LA. The only exception is the except the 3-vit wich I only made Arcane. Also I'm not addin' Heavy armor since I don't think it's not a recommended nor common buildup.

The charts are made in order to meet all the requirements of Weapons and armor you can buy from the Blacksmith and Taylor respectively once you reach the required level. I haven't added Legendary, Mold, TT or Quest Equipment since many of them are, in most cases, similar in requierements (not in arttributes) to the ones found on shops. Also because I'm a lvl 30 Cleric, so I can't get a hold of any of them yet. (If you wanna help me with gathering a list of TT and legendary equipment, I'll appreciate it)

The General description of each build is as follows:
  • Full Mag Arcane:
    • Add points to Str in order to use the highest Arcane robe avaible to the current level.
    • All the remaining points goes to Mag.
    • No points are allocated on Vit and Dex.
  • Full Mag LA:
    • Add points to Str and Dex to use the highest Light Armor aviable to the current Level.
    • No points are beign allocated in Vit.
  • 1-Vit Arcane:
    • Add 1 point to Vit on even levels and none on odd levels.
    • Add enough points to Str to use the highest Arcane robe avaible to the current level.
  • 1-Vit LA:
    • Add enough points into Str and Dex to use the highest Light Armor avaible to the current level.
  • 2-Vit Arcane:
    • Add 1 point to Vit on every level.
    • Add enough points into Str in order to use the highest Arcane Robe avaible to the current level.
    • No point are added on Dex.
  • 2-Vit LA:
    • Add enough points into Str and Dex to use the highest Light Armor avaible to the current level.
  • 3-Vit Arcane:
    • Add 1 point to Vit on even level and 2 on odd levels.

I uploaded the charts on Google Docs and they are editable. That way you can mess around of each one to see how stats evolve according the way your cleric is (make sure the last column always stays in zero when allocating points) and plan the folowing levels in advance and print them if you want.

The link is the following: Cleric Build-ups Charts Ver.1.0.3

So far I've made up to level 69, wich is the level of the highest equipment you can find on Archosaur. As soon as I can Get a list of the remaining equipment, I'll add them to the charts.

Well, I'll end my post here since I need to go to work. I'll be editing the post later to add my personal opinions about each buil-up.

Any comment or suggestion are welcome b:pleased.

*EDIT*
1.0.0- Finished Charts
1.0.1- added color on alternate rows for better reading.
1.0.2- Errors on the 1-Vit LA and 2-Vit LA charts have been corrected.
1.0.3- Added the 3-Vit Arcane chart.

See ya later.
Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
- June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Frijolero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oh huray u gathered builds and put them here <.<... hura?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi 'yall healers of Perfect World!

After readin' all the guides and comments I could find about clerics and their recommended build-ups, I finally made my Charts for each one of the ones I think are the most common ones.

The reason why I made them are two. The first one is to know how and where I need to allocate the stats point every time I level up to get the most efficient ditribution so I can unlock every weapon and armor once I reach the required level. Sure there are general guides that say 'W,X,Y,Z to every 2 levels' that work well, but I wanted so see in advance how my stats should look (and to test if those were able to do what they say b:chuckle).

The second was to do a pure stat comparison (and armor but just a raw impression of each one) between each buildup to see each one's advantages and disadvantages in order to choose the right one for my gamestyle.

The Charts

Ok, The charts are divided in 3 main buildup groups: Full Mag, 1-Vit and 2-Vit ; and each is subdivided according the armor beign used: Arcane and LA. I'm not addin' Heavy armor since I don't think it's not a recommended nor common buildup.

The charts are made in order to meet all the requirements of Weapons and armor you can buy from the Blacksmith and Taylor respectively once you reach the required level. I haven't added Legendary, Mold, TT or Quest Equipment since many of them are, in most cases, similar in requierements (not in arttributes) to the ones found on shops. Also because I'm a lvl 30 Cleric, so I can't get a hold of any of them yet. (If you wanna help me with gathering a list of TT and legendary equipment, I'll appreciate it)

The General description of each build is as follows:
    • Full Mag Arcane:
      • Add points to Str in order to use the highest Arcane robe avaible to the current level.
    • Full Mag LA:
      • Add points to Str and Dex to use the highest Light Armor aviable to the current Level.
      • No points are beign allocated in Vit.
    • 1-Vit Arcane:
      • Add enough points to Str to use the highest Arcane robe avaible to the current level.
    • 1-Vit LA: ****FAIL****
    • 2-Vit Arcane:
      • Add enough points into Str in order to use the highest Arcane Robe avaible to the current level.
      • No point are added on Dex.
    • 2-Vit LA: ****VERY FAIL****

I uploaded the charts on Google Docs and they are editable. That way you can mess around of each one to see how stats evolve according the way your cleric is (make sure the last column always stays in zero when allocating points) and plan the folowing levels in advance and print them if you want.

The link is the following: Cleric Build-ups Charts

So far I've made up to level 69, wich is the level of the highest equipment you can find on Archosaur. As soon as I can Get a list of the remaining equipment, I'll add them to the charts.

Well, I'll end my post here since I need to go to work. I'll be editing the post later to add my personal opinions about each buil-up.

Any comment or suggestion are welcome b:pleased.

See ya later.

Never put vit in an LA build or you WILL FAIL, why do people even consider this. The other builds are viable, Full mag if you have great Shards and Arcane gear with HP, Vit Arcane is a great build, and LA with NO vit is decent if you have good shards and gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Can you even afford vit as an LA? you need 6 mag every 2 levels for the sword, and 2 str and 2 dex for the armor...
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You forgot the hybrid builds where you stop adding vit/dex at a certain point.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    oh huray u gathered builds and put them here <.<... hura?

Yes I did! now people won't need to go pages of pages of post to find information 'bout the most common buildups cause now it's condensed in one simple post.

Lazy ppl FTW! b:pleased
    Never put vit in an LA build or you WILL FAIL, why do people even consider this. The other builds are viable, Full mag if you have great Shards and Arcane gear with HP, Vit Arcane is a great build, and LA with NO vit is decent if you have good shards and gear.

I have no idea who will ever consider them. But if they are, or just fell a lil' curiosity 'bout those buildups, now they can take a sneak peek and make conclusions for themselves.

Besides, I don't see why a 1-Vit LA cleric is fail. If you compare de 1-Vit LA with the 2-Vit Arcane Charts, you'll see the 1-Vit LA has about 4-5 Mag less than the 2-Vit Arcane does, meaning they'll do a similar amount of damage/healing, while the LA will have a better overall protection compared to the full elemental, low physical protection from Arcane robes.

Sure the arcane can compensate the lack of physical protection by using shards, so the 1-Vit LA Cleric can use shards to compensate this 5 less Mag and his low HP.

Also, the extra Dex of the 1-Vit gives him an edge of havin' better chances of making a critical and better evasion than the 2-Vit Arcane, and that could turn the balance to this buildup.

In one think I agree with you. The 2-Vit LA is just not worth beacuse has the lowest magic of all buildups.

Again, I'm only comparing them by sheer numbers and not by doing a practical test of them. This is also another reason why I made the charts, so we can talk and discuss about the different buildups by havin' enough information to do an opinion with base and not just personal opinions.
    Can you even afford vit as an LA? you need 6 mag every 2 levels for the sword, and 2 str and 2 dex for the armor...

Yes you can! Just check the charts and you'll se how you need where to place the points to do it. b:victory
    You forgot the hybrid builds where you stop adding vit/dex at a certain point.

I haven't add them cause don't have info 'bout those builds. But you can create them editing any of the charts and see how they work or to plan how to distribute the points on the next levels...
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Good lord do i see a Forp the 2nd? Nobody cares if its fail, its just a list of existing builds aka BOWbarian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XVampireKiss - Heavens Tear
    XVampireKiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Um..What is a "LA?"
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Good lord do i see a Forp the 2nd? Nobody cares if its fail, its just a list of existing builds aka BOWbarian

b:victory
    Um..What is a "LA?"

Light Armor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited July 2009

Well,
    It is FAIL Build because it will totally gimp your magic attack, aka healing power. Which is what a cleric is used for.......
    This is from Personal Experience, I am LA Cleric (Yes I made the same mistake I am preaching AGAINST I had 17 vit and 10 reset it back to 7 vit)
    71 str and dex and 210+Mag at lvl 68.)

I am saying this because I don't want noobs to start off and make a vit LA cleric because at 5x-6x when they realize they do **** damage they will
    a) Quit the game because they don't want to buy reset scrolls
    b) Start a new Char and will have wasted all the time beforehand
    c) Buy a reset scroll and make a viable build (Spending Money or Coins=their time)
    d)Realize their stupidity and stab themselves in the jugular with the the nearest pointy object.

I am trying to help people, not hinder them, and also I was not insulting the poster, I said that the other builds were "perfectly viable"

Sorry for being so blunt, I should have added thanks to Original Poster for information, I understand those builds are possible, just like pretty much any build.
    I am simply stating the ones that are EFFECTIVE.

OH - If I had made a 1-vit per 2 levels LA Cleric I would NOT be able to use my Magic sword at 70 (I think It is 210 magic, correct me if I am wrong) and wear that lvl's Armor Req, I beleive that LA 70 TT armor(Which is not good for LA clerics at 70 anyways)or good 3* 70 BP is either 74 74 or 75 75 str and dex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Guys, I'm putting down the charts cause I found a mayor error on the 1-Vit LA and 2-Vit LA. It seems I uploaded the unfinished charts of those... b:beatup

I'll be editing the link as soon as I upload the revides edition.

And ChronicDose, don't Worry 'bout it, no offense talken. I understand your point. I just when somone post FAIL or EPIC FAIL most people take it as a despective and agressive response.

*EDIT*

Ok, I've uploaded the corrected version of the charts and now they are without a flaw.

And after seeing both buildups I can say ChronicDose is right, the 1-Vit LA and 2-Vit LA are a Fail... on an apocaliptical scale.

Both buildups can be done perfectly until lvl 20, after that you just can't fulfill the requirements of each attribute for weapon and armor. You're gonna need to choose either Armor or Weapon, but you won't be able to use both.
    If you choose Armor, you'll be using the weapon 10 levels below the one you sould have, and if you choose Weapon, you're gonna have to mix n' mach Light Armor with some Arcane robes... not to mention that your Mag is gonna be about 100 point under the other builds of the same level.

Perhaps a hybrid buildup will be more reliable than those two...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    So basically I was right about the LA with vit :p

I'm currently 2 vit 1 str 7 mag and I'm loving it, great attack and heals, and great defense, might go for 3 vit 1 str 6 mag though, not sure.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, you were right. I admit I got misleaded by the errors in the Charts, but after I fix'd 'em I was able to see both buildup's flaws.

Well, the charts are fixed and up. If you wanna see if switching to a 3 Vit 1 Str 7 Mag build will be a good idea, just grab one and start playng with them (did I mention you can download them to an excel or open office file?).

Altough I don't have the data for lvl 70+ equipment (I'm planning add them this weekend) but you still can use the charts to see if adding 3 Vit is worh to do that. I made the charts so you can mess with them and not with your char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So basically I was right about the LA with vit :p

I'm currently 2 vit 1 str 7 mag and I'm loving it, great attack and heals, and great defence, might go for 3 vit 1 str 7 mag though, not sure.

??? I think you need to recalculate your math b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Sorry, lol, I meant 6 mag on the last one, I'll go edit it now.
    Gimme a break, it's 00:20 here, I can barely keep my eyes open b:sad
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well,
    It is FAIL Build because it will totally gimp your magic attack, aka healing power. Which is what a cleric is used for.......
    This is from Personal Experience, I am LA Cleric (Yes I made the same mistake I am preaching AGAINST I had 17 vit and 10 reset it back to 7 vit)

I am saying this because I don't want noobs to start off and make a vit LA cleric because at 5x-6x when they realize they do **** damage they will
    a) Quit the game because they don't want to buy reset scrolls
    b) Start a new Char and will have wasted all the time beforehand
    c) Buy a reset scroll and make a viable build (Spending Money or Coins=their time)
    d)Realize their stupidity and stab themselves in the jugular with the the nearest pointy object.

I am trying to help people, not hinder them, and also I was not insulting the poster, I said that the other builds were "perfectly viable"

Sorry for being so blunt, I should have added thanks to Original Poster for information, I understand those builds are possible, just like pretty much any build.
    I am simply stating the ones that are EFFECTIVE.

OH - If I had made a 1-vit per 2 levels LA Cleric I would NOT be able to use my Magic sword at 70 (I think It is 210 magic, correct me if I am wrong) and wear that lvl's Armor Req, I beleive that LA 70 TT armor(Which is not good for LA clerics at 70 anyways)or good 3* 70 BP is either 74 74 or 75 75 str and dex

Yeap, forget about 1-vit or 2-vit LA builds. Being able to wear weapon of your level is the most important for you as cleric.

You can actually have few vit points as LA cleric and still be able to wear light armor of your level.

I guess 10-20 mag points doesnt make that much difference in your dmg output. Weapon is what makes the real difference. So LA cleric is all just about the right gear.

@Chronic: Are you one of those LA clerics that just did restat from arcane at level 69 or you been LA since you made your char? Just curious.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    OK, I made some minor changes to the charts and I also added the 3-Vit Arcane Build (aka hybrid build) in case Delahk or someone else wants to see how that builds behaves.

Also I Was thinking on maybe remove the 1-Vit LA and the 2-Vit LA because it has been proven those builds can't be done. What do you gyus think? Should I just focus on the recommended buildups or I just leave those two to demonstrate why you shouldn't put any point on Vit if you're goin' LA ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well,

10 attribute points in vit totally gimped your magic attack? o_O?!
    edited July 2009
    Yeap, forget about 1-vit or 2-vit LA builds. Being able to wear weapon of your level is the most important for you as cleric.

You can actually have few vit points as LA cleric and still be able to wear light armor of your level.

I guess 10-20 mag points doesnt make that much difference in your dmg output. Weapon is what makes the real difference. So LA cleric is all just about the right gear.

@Chronic: Are you one of those LA clerics that just did restat from arcane at level 69 or you been LA since you made your char? Just curious.

I have been LA since the noob lvl of 15ish, and beleive me it is a great build.

I am lvl 70 LA Cleric here is my stats:

BASE STATS;
    Vit; 7 (Was up to 17 by accident when I Was a noob, reset it back to 7)
    Magic: 211
    Dex: 73
    Str: 73

HP Unbuffed: 2959
    Balanced Stat Layout
    Pdef Buffed(Just cleric Buff): 3578
    MDef Buffed: ALL Restist = 4500+

Magic Dmg Buffed:3581- 4088

LA Cleric FTW

Oh I have two other layouts: (I obtain these stats by switching out belt and necklace)
    PdefLayout:
    3741 Pdef
    MagDef 4k+

MagDefLayout:
    Pdef: 3.2k
    MagDef: 4.7-4.9k

And Yasii, the answer is yes, those 10 points would have not allowed me to equip my current weapon. which reqs 210 mag at 70.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    And Yasii, the answer is yes, those 10 points would have not allowed me to equip my current weapon. which reqs 210 mag at 70.

Ahh ok- I misread what you wrote and assumed you meant that you should only add points to mag and adding vit points for LA was fail. ^^