Gold =/

HouJenhsi - Heavens Tear
HouJenhsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
is it normal that gold went high to 150k??
i think its too much coz some people wants the new mount but cant get them coz of gold price in auctioneer, can a gm watch a gold price just lyk before??
Post edited by HouJenhsi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Abysm - Heavens Tear
    Abysm - Heavens Tear Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Supply & demand.
  • kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No GM, Admin, Dev, or Mod will ever in any way try and tell people what gold prices should be, it really is supply and demand. A LOT of people are demanding gold, and not many people have gold to sell, so the price goes up as more people try to buy it. To be honest, I'm surprised it's not at 200k on HT already.

Oh, and 150k isn't bad, it was 185k at it's peak when Dragon orbs went on sale.

Think of it like this... you go out, spend your money on a game card for Zen / Gold... Shouldn't you be allowed to charge w/e you want in game for soemthing you spent your cash on?
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Go look on Dreamweaver and Harshlands servers gold prices and you will be happy your on heavens tear....
  • HouJenhsi - Heavens Tear
    HouJenhsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Go look on Dreamweaver and Harshlands servers gold prices and you will be happy your on heavens tear....

yea i guess i dont have a choice b:sad
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    everytime when its a event or new sale or sale discount offer , gold price will blow up.Many ppl want new items to buy for themselves or to resell at normal prices later when prices-discount will dissapear.Wait and ull see a price-relax after 3-4 days or another tip: watch gold price at different hours and ull see a lil lower price when r not many players online ..like during the morning or afternoon b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    150k?! You should feel lucky it's so cheap! Gold is 175k here b:shocked
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    150K for gold??? Nothing wrong with that.

People are just spoiled who think that its to high. Perhaps if gold was 150K to start off with would we be thinking its to high then?

150K of in-game coin that you spent no RL $$$ to buy 1 gold that came from someone's own pocket sounds pretty fair to me.

Almost everything that comes out new costs more just because it's new. The gold sellers know this and that's what make a up and down economy.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's a built-in hypocrisy when people complain about high gold prices.

They're basically admitting, "I wanted to buy gold at the lower price!" But that's exactly why the prices went up, because people like them bought out the gold when it was at the lower price.

Really, people are just upset because they weren't first in line, that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Last I saw, buy was ~140k and ~170k sell on Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Last I saw, buy was ~140k and ~170k sell on Lost City.

Psh, it's up to 175k now in Sanctuaryb:victory
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just like in RL if you want all the cool new stuff you either pay out at higher prices or be patient and wait out the storm for a price reduction.

Simple as that. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It will even out, trust me...just wait for the tickets to settle that are flying in the air.

Someone said on Sanctuary world chat, this is like watching the DOW. Your seeing massive inflation, but after a bit, after the sales settle, and the patch is released, you will see an economy stabilize. Gold will settle back down, but it may not go back to 120k....it may round around to 135-140k.

And just think! With all these new hercs, TT mats will become even cheaper than ever! And with all these new nix's, TW will be hell for everyone! *WOOT*

Chin up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Bittersweet - Harshlands
    Bittersweet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    QFT. The gold price is 200k now (9:15 am), and it isn't dropping either.
    Edit at 12 pm: Gold is 250k now.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    On that other english version that must not be mentionned here, when i stopped playing there to come here, gold price was between 450k and 500k...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When it comes to gold I wouldn't mind seeing smaller packets eg 10 or 15.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    150k is NORMAL price on dreamweaver. ATM gold is up to 180k-190k b:victory
  • taz860
    taz860 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    check harshland server ur are happy if u can buy gold for 175k
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    High Gold prices means too few people spending real money relative to gamers who just make in game coin and don't spend any real money.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    High Gold prices means too few people spending real money relative to gamers who just make in game coin and don't spend any real money.

I just had 4 gold that I had put up for auction. I usually buy clothing and HOPE for a good color that I can resell for quite a lot. But with the gold prices today I couldn't help but put it up at auction and get the extra money RIGHT NOW.

I sold 4 gold for 620k. The most I've EVER see 4 gold go for. I am usually the buyer but had some left over so what the hey. Anyways.. its outrageous but awesome that people in game can buy it. As everything though, after sunday it will calm down and resume somewhat back to normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I hope gold is still high when i get home b:cry need to sellz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan