what are your 3 favorites genie skills as BM and why?

Granrey - Sanctuary
Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
I currently have:
lightning chaser: good to cancell mag attacks
blood cloth: inmune to bleed
wind shield: reduce damage taken
Post edited by Granrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thunderstorm to kill heavy users, occult ice to catch people, tree of prot to save my ****
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I use Qi manipulation, Frenzy and Rainbow Blessing
  • Tyed - Dreamweaver
    Tyed - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I use Qi manipulation, Frenzy and RAINBOW BLESSING

Isnt rainbow blessing cleric only skill?
  • alkaiza
    alkaiza Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Relentless courage-
    Tree of protection
    Absolute Domain

My genie is pure support >.<
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1. Tree of Protection
    2. Thunder Storm
    3. Not Sure
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Indisputable - Harshlands
    Indisputable - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Tree of protection is a must, great in pvp
    Holyspath has proven useful in pking
    and thunderstorm is insane if you have pure str genie
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1. Cloud Eruption: This skill basically turns your genie into a mobile chi regeneration unit. Works on mobs and other players. Basically when used it gives you 110 chi at level 1, and your enemy 100 chi...mobs obviously just generate u chi when used. Against players, as you level the skill, by level 10 you gain 200 chi, enemies 100 chi, so you are at an advantage there. The bad part about this skill is the fact it uses ALOT of energy to cast...but stamina costs are fairly low. Energy = 186 and stamina = 298 at level 10. Cheap way to gain chi while grinding. One other good thing about this skill is it sets you up with almost the same affinities needed to get bramble rage...which makes thunderstorm look like a pop gun.

2. Lightning Chaser: As said before this skill cancels the enemy, it has a long 25 meter range, and is instant, never missing. Very useful for tanking bosses. I have found that alternating this move and shadowless kick, and then also using myriad I can either cancel or weaken all casts by a boss (save misses and mistakes). Basically alternate till you run out of energy, then myriad, then shadlowless the next cast after the one that was weakened...genie has enough energy by the cast after that, this works with 50 mag on mine at least. Usually i also have enough chi to drop heavens every now and then as well using fists or swords for normal attacks. Keep skill at level 1 for minimal cost to use...the damage is hardly worth it.

3. True Emptyness: This skill if used on an enemy within 16 meters of you generates at shield which absorbs up to 2.5k magic damage over 8 seconds at level 10. Only costs about 75 energy per cast, so given you have 150 or more energy (less even with high regeneration) can be used twice in a row if casted right after first one disappears (for 16 second shield or whenever is broken), and with the cooldown being 1 second can be spammed if needed. Works very well when being ganged by magical mobs, or dealing with anything magical in general. The only problem is something within 16 meters must be targeted to work, so it is useless against long range magic attacks if u have nothing to cast on to activate nearby. Also if used while already activated does nothing, so must wait to lose the first shield before activating second.
  • Hayato - Harshlands
    Hayato - Harshlands Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Isnt rainbow blessing cleric only skill?

You have caught me =x
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009

2. Lightning Chaser: As said before this skill cancels the enemy, it has a long 25 meter range, and is instant, never missing. Very useful for tanking bosses. I have found that alternating this move and shadowless kick, and then also using myriad I can either cancel or weaken all casts by a boss (save misses and mistakes). Basically alternate till you run out of energy, then myriad, then shadlowless the next cast after the one that was weakened...genie has enough energy by the cast after that, this works with 50 mag on mine at least. Usually i also have enough chi to drop heavens every now and then as well using fists or swords for normal attacks. Keep skill at level 1 for minimal cost to use...the damage is hardly worth it.

QUOTE]

i'm doing the same strategyb:victory
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When the tiggys get lazy...someone has to step up to the plate...what can i say.b:surrender
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thunderstorm. Lvl 10, pure str genie. Nuff said.
    Extreme poison, very usefull against LA and robes, makes you able to 1-shot them with sparks.
    Holy Path, has multiple uses. Running away, catching running people and makes a BMs job in rebirth faster. Plus fun skill to use ^_^

These are PvP skills, not very usefull in PvE except Holy Path.