The Unofficial petition for Housing

MrSig - Dreamweaver
MrSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I read somewhere that the GMs prefer that we vote and consolidate our opinions on a suggestion instead of posting on numerous repetitive threads.

So in this spirit, I propose the Unofficial Petition for Player Housing!

Everyone, please vote your opinion and make a post to keep this thread at the top so everyone can see it and have a say!
Post edited by MrSig - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yay for housing

it would be a great idea and a great (and constantly requested) thing.

VOTE YES!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's not a bad idea, but there are more important things to get before they worry about something that is basically fluff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Once they make the game bug free, than we can talk about adding something so gigantic and resource intensive, and totaly useless for gameplay.

On a side note, I am sure they would make a killing if they implemented housing in a different instance than the game (so they could use a different server) and sold everything you need to make it only in the cash shop.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah selling it in a cash shop is a really good idea

like give players the oppertunity to like get a basic house for free with like nothing in it with nothing special then letting the upgrade their house via purchases from the boutique and decorate/add function to their house with items you could buy from the boutique.

Also, I like the idea of maybe a guild hall or something, where guild members could meet and stuff. Also having an NPC (or maybe a few of these NPCs) in the guild hall that would teleport you too the TW instance would be really useful for TW guilds cuz you could all meet in one place and then teleport in without any disturbance from other guilds and people, as well as the potential for less lag. When some 80 people get together surrounding a teleport master, plus the people who normally are there, well, it causes major lag; which is why having multiple of these TW teleporters would be useful within a guild hall, especially if it was a large guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • TehSkitch - Heavens Tear
    TehSkitch - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Eh, I don't really care. If they had it would I use it and like it? Yes, but I probably wouldn't use it very often except for quests or when I'm so bored that I have nothing better to do than arrange virtual furniture.
    Heaven's Tear-
    Skitch-Heavy Cat Veno
    TehSkitch-Light Fox Veno, close to Magic
    AlterSkitch-Purple-Haired Cleric
    Vionomie-Plum-Skinned Magic Cat Veno
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nope do not need....besides in other versions this is a Pay feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Jasanna - Heavens Tear
    Jasanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would love to see player housing in the game :)
  • Khina - Heavens Tear
    Khina - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was talking about this with my friend the other day about housing in the game. I thought there should be a quest for this just like the marriage quest, but different. We both agreed that in order for you to get a home that you must be atleast a level 40ish or 50ish and that you have to have atleast 600k to put a deposit on the house of your choosing. (as in three types of homes) haven't thought about what type of housing yet. But it's just an idea.

OR what Teh_Fishy said a Guild Housing that sounds good too.
  • lvlarijuana
    lvlarijuana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It would be a nice feature but I pray to GOD that this doesnt get added anywhere in the near future. We don't need anything else that can go horribly wrong
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think this is a great idea. I unofficially claimed the tent by the iron as a hangout of mine, but this would be much better.

1 hole in this idea. I don't think that putting the houses in a different instance than the game is a good idea.(unless the access point is in every city. otherwise it would be a hassle to go home.) Where to put the houses? I think the developers should play the 3rd Generation R/S/E Pokemon games and take detailed notes. Instead of it being in a different instance, the entrance is a portal to an instance the user created by setting up the house. It might be in a tree, cliffside, a tent. Basically a greater generation of the well known User Generated Content(the User Profile for example).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think this is a great idea. I unofficially claimed the tent by the iron as a hangout of mine, but this would be much better.

1 hole in this idea. I don't think that putting the houses in a different instance than the game is a good idea.(unless the access point is in every city. otherwise it would be a hassle to go home.) Where to put the houses? I think the developers should play the 3rd Generation R/S/E Pokemon games and take detailed notes. Instead of it being in a different instance, the entrance is a portal to an instance the user created by setting up the house. It might be in a tree, cliffside, a tent. Basically a greater generation of the well known User Generated Content(the User Profile for example).

You really do not want to have to go throught thousands of houses while gringing.... think of it as the all game would like west arc...

I think having housing in instances would be best, that way they could put them on a different server all together and not lag the playing one more than already is. Also, maybe you could get a key in your inventory, and when you right-clicked on it, it would take you to instance, with a 30 secs channeling time, so people could not abuse it in pvp. When you left your house, you would be dropped at your start city, unless you upgraded your house with a teleporter npc for 10gold per week, than you would be able to use to go anywhere you wanted.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.