Herc vs Nix

Nehemiah - Harshlands
Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
I know this topic comes up alot and you guys are probably like wtf another one? but hey...anyway...

like the average veno I'm saving up for a herc/nix which on my server will cost around 30mil not the usual 20mil on other servers because my server is newer and pheonixes are in demand. But

I am closing in on the 50s and soon 60s which is near the average time of having enough money to get one of these pets so I'm asking wether I should get a pheonix or hercules. Now unlike many others i WILL provide background.

my current pets are
crystaline magmite for tanking/leveling
petite sawfly for pvp/air leveling
eldergoth marksman for luring/tanking strong attk,low magic attack bosses
guardian wolf for debuffing in groups

and random water pets for quests

I don't do dungeons alot but I do look forward to doing TT (perferably solo) but I am in no way experienced with soloing TT bosses, how to do it or what should I even be looking for to sell to make fast money like some venos do. I know for this method the hercules is required for the most part.

I also solo alot in the fields more often and I perfer flying mobs over land and water because of the better xp, seemingly higher dq drop, a great mass of same type mobs, and i hate swimming and always toss my water pet. in this case a pheonix would be recommended.

I pvp some but not frequently, I try to avoid it for the most part since I am low level and don't really have a good pvp pet, just enough to kill off jerks while keeping some limbs.

My overall goal is to get one and make money for the other, even if it means sacrificing some personal interests for an amount of time.

So which one should I get first and do what with it to help get the other?
Post edited by Nehemiah - Harshlands on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    First to vote first to post b:victory

Your best option is NIX

1) U are right Herc is for tanking dungeons but Herc cant tank all bosses from TT at solo (many threads about it for add it here) then u will need help for some TTs even if u get the Herc
    2) Nix is better for solo cuz u can grind more faster than the Herc especially air mobs and drop a lot of stuff for sell
    3) For PvP server Nix + Flesh Realm is better at PK/TW than the Herc

Also here u can check Herc/Nix stast I posted at another thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3383322#post3383322

I got the Nix and im very proud of it I remember tank bosses with it and when was lv48 grind mobs lv70 with not too much effort

anyway good luck with your choice ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I know you already said theres other threads about this but the stickied thread (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263181) already has a bunch of replies you can probably get great info off there b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Honestly, you could make the money for the second pet with either pet as a first choice. It really depends on which method suits you more.

The traditional response tends to be that you should get your herc and farm TT for the nix. This is definitely a viable solution, although it means you have to spend a couple hours spam healing the herc to get through it. It also depends on how the going price is for the mats that a veno can solo, and for the TTs that you would be soloing at your level I don't think there's too much to make. Soloing TT also includes getting the subs, and once again I'm not sure how pricey they are for you, and how good your runs go banks on how well the mobs want to drop. Also, make sure you have some friends who are willing to come open the doors for you. Farming TT all day means you probably won't be leveling much, but living in TT does mean you won't have to worry as much about keeping track of people trying to gank you from behind (although keeping alive while taking down bosses and mobs by yourself is a risk all it's own).

Getting the nix first means that you'll be farming the herc through grinding and NPCing/vending the DQ that you get. You'll have to watch out for other PKers as you grind, but as everyone knows the nix is a formidable weapon and will be a major asset to any pk situations you'll find yourself in, both for now and for later when you decide to delve into it more. The bonus to getting the nix to grind is not only will you be leveling much faster, as the nix can cut through air mobs, but you can move your leveling spot around when you get bored of it. With TTs you really only have so many choices. Also, being a veno, you can grind without a charm if you're comfortable enough with your safety, and with the nix tanking mobs you'd be making money with very little cost to yourself, unless you plan to also throw some scrolls in for bonus exp.

Really you could go either way, depending on whether you'd like to spend your days grinding or spend your days farming TTs. For you, I would probably lean more towards getting the nix, since I can't think of any lower end TT mats that sell all that well for good money and the nix is obviously more pk orientated. If you're willing to take whatever route will grant you the best money, you might want to take some time to sit down and calculate some ballpark costs to how much you'd make out of a couple hours of grinding, and a couple hours of TT soloing.

The only other sidenote I can think of is that wild ginseng feed for a nix on Sanc is 8-10k, while martin nest (or whatever the highest level of meat is, I can't remember) is a good 50-60k a piece. A herc death is an expensive death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feruta - Heavens Tear
    Feruta - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I voted nix, simply because it's my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love my herc too, but he just doesn't kill like my "Moltres" does, and I'm not really one for soloing TT. Nix makes grinding sooooooo much easier.

And FFS people let's make this the last one of these threads. Search is your friend, use it.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thank You for your replys everyone, I decided that I'm just going to go for a Peonix first since all I can see my self doing with a herc is helping with FB's and bosses b:surrender
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well that explains why I don't see you around anymore. b:chuckleb:bye
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It was pretty hard to decide for me, i think in PvE servers herc first, cuz with the herc you can run FB's solo and make money for nix. but on a pvp server nix is a must since lvl 1..