Hyrbrids

Lingtong - Harshlands
Lingtong - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
i hear about this a a lot and Ive seen most BMs all around 60+ using more than one type of weapons i know that BMs can use more than one weapon b:laugh

but a BM using both axes and fists? surely they must have no hp and they cant have much spirit to spend on their skills
Ive seen a few 'Hybrids' around and i faced ageist a few they dont seem very high damaging compared to 'pure' BMs

being lv75 'pure' axe BM thats all i focus on i just think that 'hybrids' are a waste of spirit and can **** up your starts
am i right?
Fear meh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Epci fisting at its best
Post edited by Lingtong - Harshlands on

Comments

• Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i hear about this a a lot and Ive seen most BMs all around 60+ using more than one type of weapons i know that BMs can use more than one weapon b:laugh

but a BM using both axes and fists? surely they must have no hp and they cant have much spirit to spend on their skills
    Ive seen a few 'Hybrids' around and i faced ageist a few they dont seem very high damaging compared to 'pure' BMs

being lv75 'pure' axe BM thats all i focus on i just think that 'hybrids' are a waste of spirit and can **** up your starts
    am i right?

No not really, I am level 89, gone down all 4 trees, and have High hp, can equip all my weapons to my level, and still have over 11mill sp, and all my skills that I use are 8-10, so the answer is how you build your character, and skill really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Lingtong - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    No not really, I am level 89, gone down all 4 trees, and have High hp, can equip all my weapons to my level, and still have over 11mill sp, and all my skills that I use are 8-10, so the answer is how you build your character, and skill really.

11mill sp
    can i have some b:laugh

so i guess your saying its only worth it a higher lvs 85+?

because i have no sp and have barely enough to get my skills for my axes up
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    11mill sp
    can i have some b:laugh

so i guess your saying its only worth it a higher lvs 85+?

because i have no sp and have barely enough to get my skills for my axes up

Yeah at 85+ you start getting much more sp, so your able to get more skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Lingtong - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Yeah at 85+ you start getting much more sp, so your able to get more skills.

also people have different ideas on 'good' hp wats yours?

Until i reach 80 and have a TT80gold then that'll be 'good' hp
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    also people have different ideas on 'good' hp wats yours?

Until i reach 80 and have a TT80gold then that'll be 'good' hp

with 2+ refines on gear, I have right now 5600 hp, and still working on a new cape, and my TT90 green gear. So who knows how much hp I will have at 90 all i know i will be 5+ refining them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lingtong - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    with 2+ refines on gear, I have right now 5600 hp, and still working on a new cape, and my TT90 green gear. So who knows how much hp I will have at 90 all i know i will be 5+ refining them.

Ah well i got full tt70 (but i use LA leggings to help with mages) its all +3 and i got 5.6k hp

but im a hp W0re so when i get mt tt80 gold I'll have around 6.5-7k hp i consider that 'good' hp lol
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009

am i right?

you can consider and see the other weapons aside your main as genie skills.

you dont need to have the lastest weapon on then, neither the stats. You dont need to get all the skills either and even those you get, might work very good at level 1

I forgot to mention that I cant see myself having fun with just one weapon. I find every weapon in the BM tree has its time/use/reason and I try to use them acordingly.
  • alkaiza
    alkaiza Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009

First of all, as far as i have read no one is advising anyone to go hybrid as early as below 80+ , coz ur right u dont have enough sp and coins for them but when u start doin rbs and u farm them thats a different story, ive been farming rb and so far all my weapon mastery are maxed, i have maxed most of my useful and mostly used skills, and some are at lvl 5 and the one i rarely used are at lvl 1.

Hp means a lot, a very important factor in Bms build but just becoz u didnt put ur stats on vit doesnt mean it is wasted to a useless stat, the reason why most high lvl hybrids(specially fist) starts with low hp is so that we can ready ourselves for a much higher goal rather than just 60 or 70, We low hp Bms know, that by refining, putting hp shards are enough to cover not all, but some of the consequences and risk of not putting points in vit in the lower lvls . TT90 will answer and give us very decent hp, refining every bit of it and putting high lvl shards on it will greatly even it out more meaning the lack of hp in the lower lvls will soon be gone by 90, and we still would have the decent dmg of having to put more stats on str and dex when we were low lvls. Some high vit axe bm says they will restat most of their vit once they get to 90 but i mostly find them unable to do that or only takes out a few vit into dex which doesnt make any difference. The reason why they couldnt re stat well is that they have been too dependent on vit, they are too "wowed" or are amazed too much from their high hp giving them the thinking of kinda like this High hp+high dmg+2 misty rings= absolute win in every aspects of pvp which i take as a Barbs build.. But then again if u are the axe type where in u like to throw in stun and dragon in TWs, having a high vit is most likely preferred than having dex... So build stat depends on ur roles Pvp and pve and ur gameplay through out the game.

My reason behind axe and fist combo in 1v1(1v1 only)
    Fist= (needs midhigh dex) Fast dps in alarming rate, good accuracy and high crit rate and less dependance on skills
    Axe= (needs high str) Awesome spike dmg in an almost surprising way, skills are capable of stunlocking in pvp and less dependance on normal atks

That is 1 of my reasons for axe/fist combo, i dont plan on letting my enemy atk, and even if he/she does land an attack my high str would give me enough phys def to resist most melee atks and my faster chi accumulation for heals is enough to save me ftom mag atks. Pls be known that is only one way of fighting through 1v1, there are different ways and possibilites to counter or modify this tactic, that is why we chose hybrid for us to be able to cope up to the various situations that 1 weapon path cant handle.

performance of a hybrid or any pure bms or any class depends on whoever is playing, u cant say just because u beat a hybrid with u being a pure axe bm, u can say oww pure bm is better than hybrid, coz what about us hybrids whom have beaten other pure bms? should we also say oww being hybrid is better than just 1 path. So i would say, whoever is better is just a matter of opinion, facts, experience and whoever is playing, anyone can beat anyone in different situations example, i can beat this guy in this situation and he can beat me in another situation. So 1 possible answer to that is that hybrid may not yet master most of his weapon mastery, or u had better gears than he does. Lots of possible answers may pop up, alibis and excuses and so on so forth.
    am i right?

Well focusing on 1 path at the early growth really is advised, but as a fist, i started early on my hybrid path since we fist dont need to max all our skills at all, like aoe, i preferred axe aoe skills than fist, so id rather get those skills for aoe than the fists one... Stats and builds vary according to ur gameplay. If u like taking and tanking the hits go with vit. who doesnt love vit? they keep us alive
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I went Hybrid at 60 :o, has worked well so far:), Now to save for them 79 skillz!b:angry, Me want Smack, Bolt of Tyreseus & Dragonbaneb:dirty