Half Damage Bull****

Options
Miss_Tika - Lost City
Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Anyone who PvP's knows that if you drop from the air (don't even need to take off flying mount to drop) you receive half damage from players in the air. People abuse this very often in any sort of Air PK, and since 90% of PK is in the air...

Think something like this needs to be fixed asap. Dropping is fine, whatever, but receiving half damage makes no sense whatsoever.
Post edited by Miss_Tika - Lost City on

Comments

• Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it becomes annoying until your in the shoes of the "person who needs to drop". i'm sure if a lvl 100 archer just popped hell/heaven spark and just start chaging that deadly shot in your face you would wanna drop to. i do it all the time, thats why i love sky fights. i understand that your a wizard so if they drop, they just drop because to the best of my knowledge YOU cant stun. but sooner or later the fights gonna end up on the ground... it always does on a constant dropping in elevation fight.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Anyone who PvP's knows that if you drop from the air (don't even need to take off flying mount to drop) you receive half damage from players in the air. People abuse this very often in any sort of Air PK, and since 90% of PK is in the air...

Think something like this needs to be fixed asap. Dropping is fine, whatever, but receiving half damage makes no sense whatsoever.

Actually this is very normal. Melee classes are disadvantaged in the air and need to get the battle on the ground to use their speed (like BMs). A ranged would hover above the melee class and shoot it down every time. The halving is there to give melee players advantage over ranged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it becomes annoying until your in the shoes of the "person who needs to drop". i'm sure if a lvl 100 archer just popped hell/heaven spark and just start chaging that deadly shot in your face you would wanna drop to. i do it all the time, thats why i love sky fights. i understand that your a wizard so if they drop, they just drop because to the best of my knowledge YOU cant stun. but sooner or later the fights gonna end up on the ground... it always does on a constant dropping in elevation fight.

Of course I would want to drop, and I do all the time. But that's not the point. Dropping shouldn't receive half damage when you're dodging the attack completely anyway.
    Actually this is very normal. Melee classes are disadvantaged in the air and need to get the battle on the ground to use their speed (like BMs). A ranged would hover above the melee class and shoot it down every time. The halving is there to give melee players advantage over ranged.

I'm talking about dropping from the air, and being attacked while still dropping. Not from a person in the air attacking someone that has already landed.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Perhaps there should be a temporay coooldown, or something of the like, eg. a 2sec time peroid in which dropping players take full damage as they fall?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Take aim > Deadly shot
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Take aim > Deadly shot

dont you mean: aim low > deadly shot?
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont you mean: aim low > deadly shot?
    No? Aim Low is different from Take Aim/Deadly Shot. Even at higher levels (99+) Take Aim is prefered over Deadly Shot by most archers I've heard.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QQQ I SUCK AT PVP QQQQQ

fixed.....
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No? Aim Low is different from Take Aim/Deadly Shot. Even at higher levels (99+) Take Aim is prefered over Deadly Shot by most archers I've heard.
    yeah its a stun -> demon take aim which either **** your charm, or results in quick death if take aim crits.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah its a stun -> demon take aim which either **** your charm, or results in quick death if take aim crits.

hmm never knew that, i was always told not to lvl that skill due to it being very very weak and useless.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmm never knew that, i was always told not to lvl that skill due to it being very very weak and useless.
    Below 89 yes, Deadly Shot will be better. But once you get the sage/demon version it'll get a lot better. The fact that it's based off the attack on your weapon matters too, 90 is usually where people start refining their weapon high.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    LOL @ demon take aim b:chuckle
    Sage take aim is the only reason people wud go sage even tho sage sucksb:shocked
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its a nice advantage to fighting in the sky, don't think anything wrong with that. Since dropping takes away their attack time so..
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Um so a deadly shot cannot crit? Lol...
    If you know you can skip charm n finish off a rober with deadly shot why risk the possible extreme low damage of take aim?
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    possible chance for an extremely low hit? lol i use demon take aim in TW as well as pvp alot, although all our pvpers seem to have left HT >.<
    In Tw i use Demon Take Aim then Demon Stunning Arrow if their still moving, which normally their not b:kiss
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    99+? Obviously 90+ definately

at higher levels take aim is stronger because at higher levels you have stronger weapons.

But at MY level deadly shot outdamages take aim.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Well... yea. higher dmg, faster CD. Win!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scoped - Lost City
    Scoped - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Another thread by miss tika and WHAT A SURPRISE its a QQ thread
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Another thread by miss tika and WHAT A SURPRISE its a QQ thread

lol learn what "QQ" means before you abuse such a term

trying to make PvP in this game more enjoyable and actually make sense.

Kind of funny how this entire thread went off topic too xD
  • Scoped - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol learn what "QQ" means before you abuse such a term

trying to make PvP in this game more enjoyable and actually make sense.

Kind of funny how this entire thread went off topic too xD

Miss_Tika > find all threads made about miss tika

"I want exp back"
    "QQ"
    "mages are bad qq" (no its just you)
    "half damage :(((((((("
    "i aggrod a lvl 4 mob help me"
    "QQ"
    "qq"
    "QQ"
    "im lvl 100 and i STILL dont know how much magic attack i get per point"

AND I QUOTE:

"This game sucks

The people suck

The community sucks

The economy sucks

Cash shoppers suck"
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Miss_Tika > find all threads made about miss tika

"I want exp back"
    "QQ"
    "mages are bad qq" (no its just you)
    "half damage :(((((((("
    "i aggrod a lvl 4 mob help me"
    "QQ"
    "qq"
    "QQ"
    "im lvl 100 and i STILL dont know how much magic attack i get per point"

AND I QUOTE:

"This game sucks

The people suck

The community sucks

The economy sucks

Cash shoppers suck"

You still dont know the difference between a troll and a QQ.

...Some of those threads are old as ****. lmao

Stop failing little boy
  • Scoped - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    stop pretending your trolling when you really have no clue how to play your class and trying to get help from other players
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm leaning towards scoped on this one. All your threads are about how HORRIBLE things in game are.

Learn to deal with it or quit plawks

EDIT: here's the wiki article on trolls. Read the definition and see that you are none of those things
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

i would rather fight on the ground but i do take the advantage of dropping ,like if i drop get stunned in the air and then people T off on me for half damage and i live!!!but ayways u shouldnt complain,u hit people for 18k gg
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    stop pretending your trolling when you really have no clue how to play your class and trying to get help from other players

LOL

I have no idea how to play a Mage!!!

About time someone told me b:cry

You're really bad at this I think you need some troll lessons =(((((((((((((((((((
  • Seemen - Lost City
    Seemen - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    LOL

You're really bad at this I think you need some troll lessons =(((((((((((((((((((

I hear you don't need to know how to play your class when you can just cyber with ranked CQ members b:cute
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Your bull**** was only half damage? Damn. Mine was full damage, I feel sorry for you.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scoped - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    LOL

dont worry when i say you dont know how to play your class IM NOT TROLLING, REALLY, IM BEING SERIOUS
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I hear you don't need to know how to play your class when you can just cyber with ranked CQ members b:cute

Jealous?

This hate thread is so cute! Thanks for all the attention b:cute I'm so loved.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tika is actually a good mage
    and from this ive concluded that it is, in fact, a dude
    because we all know girls suck at pvp