Genies

Options
abcyang
abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
My suggestion is to totally re-vamp Genies. Please reply if you feel I'm off the mark here.

I have read a large number of posts about Genies and I find everything about them very complicated. Overall it seems that a Genie just adds some force type skill to your character. So your choice is to use your EXP for your Genie to Lvl up or save the EXP for your character to Lvl up. So why not just keep it for your character and Lvl them up with new or upgraded skills??? Either way the result seems to be the same with upgraded fighting skills.

At the stage I don't see any reason to do anything with my Genie at all. If anyone uses their Genie a lot, or at all for that matter, I would like to hear about it.

My suggestion is that Genie skills be totally removed from the normal skills of your character. Something like an ability to find certain materials on the ground for example, invisibility, better healing etc. Thoughts???
Post edited by abcyang on

Comments

• Venacious - Harshlands
    Venacious - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    abcyang wrote: »
    My suggestion is that Genie skills be totally removed from the normal skills of your character. Something like an ability to find certain materials on the ground for example, invisibility, better healing etc. Thoughts???

ok, i see where you are going. and i like the idea of a revamp, they seem a bit useless to me as well. ofc by the time you level ur genie you could already be like twice your level by then which acually would do more good than a genie who doesnt do anything. : /
  • thetwiz
    thetwiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I do use my genies alot
    the most important skill for me to use is the heal spell....has saved me many times over and all my toons of each class.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You can level a genie with the unspent skill points on your character (not advisable for lower levels, you need those skills).

My take - they're a fairly useful addition in certain instances. Having a genie skill to point to mine locations... that'd be something :).