Classes

AztecDemon - Lost City
AztecDemon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey, At the moment i can decide what class to play i have a veno(lvl 35), a barbarian(lvl 14) and i was going to make a blademaster. Now i cant decide between these classes. I dont really care wiether its long range or short range, i dont really wanna have to run off backwars in battles(pve or pvp), I want to be good at pve but at later levels be good at pvp(i would probably use a restat). Any sugestions on which class i should play? (The only class i wont want to play would be cleric and wizard)
Post edited by AztecDemon - Lost City on

Comments

• Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey, At the moment i can decide what class to play i have a veno(lvl 35), a barbarian(lvl 14) and i was going to make a blademaster. Now i cant decide between these classes. I dont really care wiether its long range or short range, i dont really wanna have to run off backwars in battles(pve or pvp), I want to be good at pve but at later levels be good at pvp(i would probably use a restat). Any sugestions on which class i should play? (The only class i wont want to play would be cleric and wizard)

Ok, I'll make this simple for you.

Venomancer: Levels fast 1->60, and not to shabby at 60+. A very good money maker. With a Herc you are needed for alot of stuff at later levels. Great in PvP especially if you got a Phoenix pet, still extremely strong if you know what your doing.

Barbarian: Slow leveler 1->65(ish) after 65 it's fast as you will be doing ALOT of FB's. HH/TT Barbs are needed alot for, too. Not such a good money maker and not that great in PvP, although with good gears can be one of the strongest classes, with lv70 legendary axes.

Blademaster: Simple way to describe this class is 'ALL-ROUNDER'. Basically abit of every other classes pros/cons. Blademasters are by far the fastest levelers over 60, as axe using BM's can aoe grind extremely well.

Hope this helps you. Of course is alot more to it, but this should help you decide which class you prefer. b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Also u can play both charas many ppl do it ;)

Venos are funny u can tame pet and grind a lot saving money
    Barb are the best tank and many ppl will invite u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    From what little I've played, a cookie-cutter, pure magic veno build gets boring at higher levels (send pet, attack, heal every now and then). I've only gotten an archer up to level 20 or so but it's much more interesting (so far) in my opinion (No pet to take your hits for you so you've got to be a bit more careful when playing. It's also fun to kill those incresed magic defense mobs that annoyed me so much on my veno). Haven't played any other class enough to know how "fun" (which depends on what you consider fun). You need to enjoy playing your character to actually get to higher levels so just pick one you like.

As for the PvE/PvP thing, any class is good for PvE if you know how to play (a few deaths here and there is inevitable).

I don't PvP so what I'm going to say below is probablyl wrong but I'll try my best at explaining (ignore if you wish). Being good at PvP depends on both your skill and the other player's skill but the classes are basically a huge, complex version of rock, paper, scissors. Magic classes like venos, clerics, and wizards kill anything with heavy armor (usually barbs and bms) easily if they can keep the heavies away. Archers are a robe wearing class's (mostly venos, clerics, and wizards) worst nightmare because the "keep them away while you nuke" strategy doesn't work so well (most magic classes use a pure magic build with a few points in vit so they're dead in a few hits). Barbs and bms wear heavy armor and should have enough hp to get in close to archers (where the archer's damage is reduced 50% except for some skills which do magic damage) and start whacking away with their weapon of choice. Doesn't mean that Barbs and bms will never beat magic classes (get in close and their **** physical defense and low hp makes an easy kill) or that archers are useless against melee classes (they do have a few magic skills, high evasion, and better physical defense than magic classes). Of course, everything above is meant for the builds that most people use and you'll have to adjust your strategy a bit when fighting those some of the more unusual builds out there (you'll meet quite a few heavy armor, fox form venos).

Well that was a bit longer than I'd intended and I'm sure that someone will be more than happy to correct my noob mistakes in the PvP wall-o-text. And I also know that I didn't give you any suggestions as to what class you should play (I'll leave that to the people who've played more than two classes).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear