The most useful weapon for bosses (TT, fb) and 1v1

XBerserkZ - Sanctuary
XBerserkZ - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
This bm is my alt and i'm currently on 3str 1dex 1vit build, using axe. however, throughout the time that i've spent in TTs and fbs, i've found axe to be very useful fighting mobs, as axe tree offers great aoe. however, i really didn't see the point of aoe in a boss fight. so this leads to my question:

what's a more useful weapon when fighting bosses one vs one?

thank you for your input
Post edited by XBerserkZ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SirHawkEye - Harshlands
    SirHawkEye - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    against boss you'll want the highest sustained dmg. I know fists are good at this, and im not doing a bad job with my polearm. Dunno about swords tho.
    However, even if you use another weapon against bosses, keep useing Heaven's Flame from the axe tree, it amplefies the dmg taken. So everyone deals a lot more dmg.
  • XBerserkZ - Sanctuary
    XBerserkZ - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thank you.

from you said about using heaven's flame, that reminded me about another thing:

does the effect from heaven's flame and glacial spike differ from each other. from my understanding, heaven's flame increases the damage of the skills followed and glacial spike decreases the physical and magical defense of the target. won't the effects cause the same result on the target? if anything, glacial spike's effect last 4 seconds more than the one of heaven's flame's.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thank you.

from you said about using heaven's flame, that reminded me about another thing:

does the effect from heaven's flame and glacial spike differ from each other. from my understanding, heaven's flame increases the damage of the skills followed and glacial spike decreases the physical and magical defense of the target. won't the effects cause the same result on the target? if anything, glacial spike's effect last 4 seconds more than the one of heaven's flame's.

I'm pretty sure both stack with each other, but heaven's flame debuff is far better
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what's a more useful weapon when fighting bosses one vs one?

thank you for your input

I think fists, since you can cancell AOE, apply good dps, creates tons of chi for your spark skills.

SKill wise, which skil should you use?

It depends on the case.

for instance, if you are not sure if you can take the damage the boss does on you, you need to use an skill that counter that (probably this is the most common situation). myriad of sword is my choice. As I have said before, failing in killing a boss is most likely to not being able to handle/cancell the boss attacks.

if you are sure that you can take the damage and you just want to end it quick. the 3 other ultimates are the right choice as they will amplify your damage.
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Here's just some pros for each weapon:

Axe: Great Team support with Dragon, and has 3 stuns.
    Spear: Because of the small requirements you can be a full vit build to help tank against bosses (A Barb is still recommended) and the bleed skills add to your DPS
    Sword: Good DPS with attack rate and 2 of the hardest hitting skills
    Fist: Good DPS with an interrupt skill. Weakest in Damage but because Bosses last so long you can get more use out of the attack rate of fist weapons.
  • Maximus - Harshlands
    Maximus - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol you cant stun bosses.
    extreme poison is a good genie skill against bosses. Amplefies dmg.

About glacial spike and heavens flame, 100% more dmg taken (HF lvl 10) is far better than 50% less p.def and m.def (GP lvl10) That would come to around 20% more dmg taken.
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i wonder, Heavens Flame and Glacial Spike are kind of the same. but one is Curse and the other is Defensive Lowering Ability. so if one amplifies, it increases the damage taken, but if one lowers defence , is that the same?

i wonder whats better...
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Lingtong - Harshlands
    Lingtong - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i wonder, Heavens Flame and Glacial Spike are kind of the same. but one is Curse and the other is Defensive Lowering Ability. so if one amplifies, it increases the damage taken, but if one lowers defense , is that the same?

i wonder whats better...

it is pretty much the same effect however amping and lowering defenses is slightly different, Amping ingresses the damage the targets taking, lowering defenses effects the targets defense and can be change quickly.
    But going back onto the cases of killing bosses one on one using the two together results in a very high amount of damage in a shot amount of time

As far as the best weapon for tanking goes, pole are very good because as said before they can have the high vit and a good dps because of the high hitting bleed wich can be stacked with the other bleed skill but in order to keep aggro with a pole u need higher str because poles hit lower than axes

However i use axes and i find that i can keep aggro so much easier than i did with my old pole bm which is the biggest problem when tanking with a bm
    the aoes are very hard hitting added with heavens flame
    Fear meh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Epci fisting at its best