Question about gear.

Options
DarkSniper - Lost City
DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
I was wondering how useful the HH70 gear is. HH70 leggings vs 69 mold leggings as well as the usefullness of the rest of the HH70 gear vs whatever else that might be good.
The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
Post edited by DarkSniper - Lost City on

Comments

• Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was wondering how useful the HH70 gear is. HH70 leggings vs 69 mold leggings as well as the usefullness of the rest of the HH70 gear vs whatever else that might be good.

Considering the stats and the addon they bring I would go for Dark Shinguards of Hades rather than Swiftwind Shins.

For plate - considering the HP regeneration that I tend to find useful + Dex bonus, I would stick to the reward one that you get at level 70 after your Cultivation Quest. You can turn it for legendary Armor of Grieving Sorrow at level 78.

Swiftwind boots have no legendary or quest reward alternative so you can go for it, but you may have already a pair of Serrated Boots that have more useful addons (the stats are lower though).

As far as Bracers go, same story as the boots. Only exception : Bracers of Blood Moon - if you have those, they worth keeping until 90+ . Very few have them though, because they cost much more than the whole armor set.

BUT, to all this you must take into consideration some other aspect too : TT armors,like weapons, need souledges to decompose in order to obtain the next rank. So you can go for mold or normal 3 star sets of armor around 70s. You will have a lot to deal with later on when you will consider level 80 TT armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    While I agree that Blood Moons would be nice to have in the 70's, at 80 I would replace them with Lunar Chaser Braces. You will get 6 VIT and 7 DEX as well as 7 STR that can later be used as DEX. Once you hit 90 the Lunar Chaser Bracers will be giving you 14 DEX, a bonus that is unmatched by any lvl90 bracer.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nelanther wrote: »
    While I agree that Blood Moons would be nice to have in the 70's, at 80 I would replace them with Lunar Chaser Braces. You will get 6 VIT and 7 DEX as well as 7 STR that can later be used as DEX. Once you hit 90 the Lunar Chaser Bracers will be giving you 14 DEX, a bonus that is unmatched by any lvl90 bracer.

No way I am changing mine till lvl95 at least.
    You just dont know how nice those are.b:dirty

But yea, only TT70 peace worth getting is Chest.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Challotte - Dreamweaver
    Challotte - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No way I am changing mine till lvl95 at least.
    You just dont know how nice those are.b:dirty

But yea, only TT70 peace worth getting is Chest.

I'm a few days (hopefully) from being able to get my Bracer's of the Blood Moon. Despite the expense associated, I'm really looking forward to having them and it's been a rather fun "challenge" to get all the necessary materials to have them made for me. The cost is all in pixelated coin anyways :)
  • nelanther
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Comparing the Blood Moon Bracers with the Lunar Chacers you will gain...

-.1 seconds between hits

with the Blood Moons, but lose...

15 P.DEF
    90 M.DEF
    7 STR
    3 DEX
    6 VIT

doesnt seem like a fair trade off to me, especially since at lvl90 all that STR can be used as DEX essentially costing you a total of 10 DEX along with the defense and VIT. Perhaps I am not looking at it correctly? Would someone explain why Blood Moons are better?
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    especially since at lvl90 all that STR can be used as DEX
    I dont get it. Arent you able to restat at any moment? Why is lv90 relevant?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nelanther
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Basically STR bonus from a piece of equipment can not be used to equip that perticular piece of equipment.

Lunar Chacer Braces require 84 STR and give you 7 STR. So you are stuck with 91 STR (i learned this the hard way). However, say you turn lvl86 and get boots that require 90 STR. You can use the 7 from the bracers to equip the boots. At lvl90 there will be a 94 STR requirement. When you turn 90 you put 3 into STR and 2 into DEX and presto! Lunar Chacer Braces are worth 14 DEX.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Basically STR bonus from a piece of equipment can not be used to equip that perticular piece of equipment.
    What if you get like another +str item, use it, equip the bracers that you couldnt wear before due to low str (considering you have less str than req), then remove that 1st +str item? You would keep the bracers on and its +str properties would give you just the str to keep it on and not turn red. Wouldnt this work?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What if you get like another +str item, use it, equip the bracers that you couldnt wear before due to low str (considering you have less str than req), then remove that 1st +str item? You would keep the bracers on and its +str properties would give you just the str to keep it on and not turn red. Wouldnt this work?

In the end, if the item is the highest str req equipment and it is the one that gives additional strength, no matter how you manipulate it, you won't be able to restat it for dex.

In your case...the helm when removed, makes your character's str lower than the req of the bracers. This then means you no longer have the req to equip the bracers. IOW, you cannot use the method of "self sustaining" strength requirements. So no, it would not work at all.