Socketing Weapons (elemental attack)

Alucard - Dreamweaver
Alucard - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
What I want to know is, if I socket my weapon with one of the +elemental attack gems, will I get that extra damage on every attack, or just on the attacks of that element?

For example:
If I socket my weapon with a Ruby shard, will magic (in this case fire) damage be added to my physical damage every time I swing my axes?

OR is it only when I use a fire attack? Which I don't think I have... =(

Help?
Post edited by Alucard - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What I want to know is, if I socket my weapon with one of the +elemental attack gems, will I get that extra damage on every attack, or just on the attacks of that element?

For example:
    If I socket my weapon with a Ruby shard, will magic (in this case fire) damage be added to my physical damage every time I swing my axes?

OR is it only when I use a fire attack? Which I don't think I have... =(

Help?

elemental shards do no ad elemental damage to your physical attack. The only raise the damage of the corresponding type of attack.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are you sure about that? Cause I've heard about clerics that have no benifit of metal shards at all....
  • Alucard - Dreamweaver
    Alucard - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol, great b:surrender
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I thought element shards added said element damage to regular physical attacks.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    From my understanding it would work the same as when a wizard adds elemental damage to your attack. Or when you use an apothecary pot to add elemental damage to your attack.

So I think the shards work on the same bases. You could make a weapon that would help you specifically against certain elemental based enemies.

That's my take on this subject.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]