Okay, Some Noob-beginner Q's!

tanjarenate
tanjarenate Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Okay, here's the thing, I'm a lvl 20 Venomancer. I have a lvl 16 also, but since that was my first char on this game, I of course screwed up on the skill points.

So to my questions:

1. How do I use a shard? (Like, how do I fuse it into a weapon?)

2. When I'm getting new armor, and weapons, I always take the ones that says "Arcane" - what type of venomancer am I then, when my def is so low and magic is so high?

3. How _should I use my points for Strenght, magic, vitality and dexterity?
Till now, I have not filled any in to dexterity, and only a few in to vitality. Most of them in magic and I just raised Strenght to 30, because that's about what I'll need for the highest lvl armor/weapon I need later on.

Earlier I used to play [removed], which got about the same skill-system and such, same with strenght and such. But I don't quite get the skill tree.

4. What would be the best way to level the skills? My venomous scarab is lvl 5, and fox wallop is lvl 3. After those, I just level the other skills on the three to the first lvl, to make the higher ones available when I reach the correct lvl.

I hope as many as possible can give me various answers on these questions. So maybe I'll get a little better understanding of this game.

tata~
Post edited by tanjarenate on

Comments

• Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Go to a Tailor if you're fusing a shard to armor, Blacksmith if it's a weapon, or Craftsman if it's an ornament. Choose the "Imbue Soulgem" option. There are different levels of gems, meant for different levels of equipment. The gem will say something like "fuse to level 3 or above equipment for ___ result".

If you're wearing Arcane armor, and have almost all your points in Magic, you're closest to a "Pure Magic" Venomancer. I say close to because I'm not sure how much Strength goes into that build but you've probably passed it. Other builds are Light Armor and Heavy venomancer. Their stats are geared towards wearing those armors, with all extra points in Magic.

A Venomancer should have lots of magic because they are a Caster class, and that's where your attack power with skills comes from. The only time you use strength is if you walk up to a mob and hit it with your wand using the Sword icon (Normal Attack). Your physical defense would be higher if you put dex into your stats to wear Light Armor, which is what PvP server Venos do. But Arcane Armor is the most common venomancer class. And they are squishy, just like any ranged or caster class. You can fix this with HP and Phs Defense shards. Also, your pet should be taking most of the hits- they are your shield.

Level the skills you like to use most, and work the best for you. I started playing a venomancer when I first got here but haven't played her in months so I'm rusty and less polished on the available skills now.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't forget fox form

max venomous and ironwood scarab, and check out the stickied threads in class discussion > venomancer
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Here, go read the sticky posts here.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • tanjarenate
    tanjarenate Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks people, that's really helpful! : )

b:pleased