Frost scarab skill

Options
laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
Will Frost scarab really useless skills? I know that this should be split 1spark, but because venomancer often with full vigor (at least for me). This skill has a significant dmg, slowing down the target and makes the dmg on time, also look nice :). What do you think about this split? Does it leave 1LVL?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It uses a spark, and I can't think of a use for it's slow effect. I regret leveling this to 6, where it only has a 60% chance of water dmg + slow. I almost never use it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I love frost scarab, and I plan on maxing it out. Yes it consumes a spark, but I find the added damage over time helps in tight situations.

I can see where others would think it wasn't worth it, but to each his or her own ^^ Its one of those skills you should try at least once and if you like it level it if you don't like it then don't level it.

It really depends on your playstyle.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't like it. Having a max of 299 chi, needing 100 for this, and then throwing in soul transfusions and bramble hood (with an occasional lending hand) and there's really nowhere that I can use it. Even at level 10 it's only 4755 damage more than blazing and uses a spark, or only 4967 damage more than venomous, or only about 500 (+/- depending on weapon) over noxious. So, it's hard to see a use for it.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ever since i've had bramble hood and parasitic nova, i've never used it. It just dosent do anything for me, and it's % chance to inflict frostbite is low, though I have the skill at level 5. I just have trouble finding any kind of use for it at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It works especially well against fire based mobs. I find at level 7, it inflicts frostbite a lot. as 65% chance at that level. Plus I'm going for the demon version of it as well.

But like I said, it just depends on the players play style. If you use it a lot, then level it maybe. If not, no worries ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I prefer to save my chi for brambling, nova or sparking for mp, as I enjoy aoeing and rarely use an mp charm while grinding. For me, frost isn't useful because my chi can go elsewhere. If you've always got chi to spare, there's no reason not to get it it suits you, although you should probably try to save it for mobs that are going to take the full 9 seconds to kill. Otherwise, it might be more profitable to just spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I use it on bosses sometimes because if I spark I'm often the one that gets agro.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91