murdie Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
can some 1 pls tell me where ant what time to find a wind walking pig ty
Post edited by murdie on

Comments

• Erosis - Dreamweaver
    Erosis - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As far as I know, there is only one spawn area for the pig. The coordinates are (403, 643), height 34. It respawns 5 hours after the latest server restart. Be prepared to go against pet farmers with Lv 10 tames and the best channeling equipment money can buy. Patience is key!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have level 10 tame, and -33% channeling and I wouldn't bother. To me it seems boring, and a gamble. I don't mind paying farmers who have nothing better to do for a pet that's skills are worth more than they're selling it for.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • diamonte
    diamonte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It respawns 5 hours after the latest server restart.

How do you know when the server restarts?
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    diamonte wrote: »
    How do you know when the server restarts?

just wait for the weekly maintenance, there's always a sticky posted in the general discussion from when to when the server will be down.

best is to be there a little earlier. when the pig has been killed or tamed it will respawn after 12 hours, until ther server is down again.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Erosis - Dreamweaver
    Erosis - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    I have level 10 tame, and -33% channeling and I wouldn't bother. To me it seems boring, and a gamble. I don't mind paying farmers who have nothing better to do for a pet that's skills are worth more than they're selling it for.

It is possible to catch the pig with a level 4 tame and no channeling equipment; I know this because I've done it. It took me about 7 or so attempts, but I was able to get it with Crimson Blood Powder, which only does a -15% to channeling. Sounds crazy? Here's how it works:

As I said before, the pig is usually not damaged very much when it's tamed, likely because of all the high-level tamers who are relying on getting the tame in before the damage is even dealt. That means that a person with a level 10 tame, no matter how many channeling pots they have, has a 50% chance of getting the pig at 100% health. If they fail, the next person tries, with a 50% or less chance of getting the pig. It's essentially like flipping a coin (more or less). Of course, if you're last in line, chances are that someone will have flipped heads and gotten the pig by then. As far as I know, there isn't anything to lower the cooldown time of spells, so everyone basically has one shot (which does even the playing field a little bit).

I do not recommend farming the pig unless you have a level 10 tame and channeling gear (and even then, like I said, it's a coin toss). However, if you just want to tame the pig once so that you can use it as a pet, you can go and do that... Just be prepared to have a LOT of patience, because there's a lot of luck involved, and there will be a lot of competition.
  • missyo
    missyo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »

u wasted ur SP ... lvl 10 tame = lvl 1 tame the pet must have low hp , thats all
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    missyo wrote: »
    u wasted ur SP ... lvl 10 tame = lvl 1 tame the pet must have low hp , thats all

-misinformation that contradicts the tool tips in game.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    missyo wrote: »

Incorrect. Higher level tames are better for getting it with high HP. If anything is a waste of SP (granted, not much SP) it's to get level 1 tame and leave it there. By having a higher tame, level 10 in tweakz case (though that's not consistent with his stated level in other recent posts) there's a 50% chance of taming. If you have windrage, relentless courage, and 33% channeling like he's saying, that works out to a 24.5% channeling time (75.5% speed), I'm not sure how the game rounds that, just call it 75% and that's a 2.5 second timespan to tame something. Pretty much a guaranteed tame on every other pet unless someone else is there that can compete with that speed and success rate which is doubtful
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    (though that's not consistent with his stated level in other recent posts)

Raised it recently after reading probably your post. =P It does burn more mp when used for luring. 1500 at level 10, 150 at level 1.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you use the tame skill for luring?
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Sir_josh - Sanctuary
    Sir_josh - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As far as I know, there is only one spawn area for the pig. The coordinates are (403, 643), height 34. It respawns 5 hours after the latest server restart. Be prepared to go against pet farmers with Lv 10 tames and the best channeling equipment money can buy. Patience is key!

does this go for shadou cub too?
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    you use the tame skill for luring?

Why not? Don't have to unsummon, resummon, and buff that way. Doesn't cost any genie stamina either. Just have to make sure pet is in manual mode.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    does this go for shadou cub too?

You can feed a man for a day or teach him how to fish. Here's your fishing rod: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9189 -note the search bar in the upper right.
  • psumiku
    psumiku Posts: 58 Arc User
    I see this is still a problem where people farm this pet, to this day. Free users can't catch a break when it comes to flying pets, huh.