A suggestion about Kitty Shops

Options
DarkSniper - Lost City
DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
Ok, this is the scenario. You head on over to everyone's favorite marketplace, west archosaur (or ADC for some of us.) You grab your wares out of your safe pick a nice spot and open up shop. You put up some mats, equips, ultimate substances, herbs, whatever. You then go to put the name for your shop. You begin to type in: Mats, Herbs, Equips, Subs.

But Wait! There's a problem!!!

The current character limit for shop titles end up with you having your shop title as: Mats, Her

I understand that you can't allow people to have the title's for their shops as long as they want. I don't want to be able to type an essay describing the contents of my kitty shop. However I do think the current character limit should be expanded. We can't even come close to describing half of what were selling/buying unless it's only 1-2 things. If the limit was expanded then we would be able to let people know what ridiculously overpriced things we are selling and the ridiculously low prices we are offering for things that are worth 3-4x times the value we offer. That way people won't have to look into every single shop to find what they are looking for and we can get out of the lag hole that is West Arch (or ADC for some of you)
The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
Post edited by DarkSniper - Lost City on

Comments

• Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I definitely agree. I think the short shop name limit is a holdover from the Chinese version (as the Chinese can pack more meaning in fewer characters), so it's obviously time to change.

Fun to see the different ways people squish their titles to fit though :o

(I just love the phrase "kitty shop," lol.)
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I run my merchant, almost exclusively, I practically it consider it one of my main character.

I often wish I had more space for my message too, but to be honest, I'm not sure a longer sign is really needed.

It would make the overall game screen that much more cluttered with text.

Also, it's fun to see if you are creative enough to tell people what you have, in such a short space.

Text Entry Boxes, are to computer users, as tax revenues are to politicians. No matter how much they have, they will always want more.

No matter how long they do make it, there will always be times we wish it were longer.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    13 characters: MtsHrbsEqpSub

But yes it is too limiting...
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sparqy like I said I don't want to be able to type an essay describing my ship (nor do I want to) But I want to be able to accurately describe what I am selling/buying.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye