Snake Hunt Quest

cupcakelaady
cupcakelaady Posts: 16 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just tried the Snake Hunt quest (big mistake) and failed. I'm not sure I understand it for starters. Are we to kill as many snakes as we can and then get back to the quest giver in time or just kill, kill, kill for 30 minutes and then go back? I can't tell if I failed because I killed too few or if it's because I didn't go back within the allotted 30 minutes.

Also, is there any way someone could tell me how many you need? I kept going but some other players must have been alts because they were KSing people, killing stuff in one hit like they knew ahead of time that it would be tough and waited, so if the requirement is too high and I can't get my brother to help, I might just wait until I'm stronger like seemed to have done.

EDIT: We can't do the quest again? That's not fair. :(
Post edited by cupcakelaady on

Comments

• Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You gotta kill as many as you can and return to the quest giver within 30minutes.

Take too long like you did and you don't make it.

Also double check you trashed the quest in your quest log, that might solve your problem with not being able to take it again.
  • jennaeryk
    jennaeryk Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't forget that being in a squad gives everybody the kill recognition. Are you sure that the KS'ers weren't actually just a really large squad?
    I remember that pretty much everyone out there was in a single squad when I did the quest. Since I was quick at killing the snakes and helped my squad to kill them faster, I think I ended up with something like 96 snakes killed. It's been a little while, so maybe it was only 60 something instead of 96.
    Don't forget that there is a nearby town you can teleport back to the quest giver so you don't have to walk all the way back.
    (Of course, some of this you already know or will find out, but hey, might as well cover all the bases.)