Incorrect Archer Skill Descriptions

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Archer
Just picked up a new skill (Demon Shock) yesterday only to find yet another incorrect description. I thought it best to collect these into one thread.

Aim Low - freezes not stuns
Elven Alacrity - is castable on others
Blessing of Condor - self-buff only not castable on others
Blazing Arrow - adds damage to all skills which require 1 arrow per cast
Demon/Sage Blazing Arrow - lasts 15 minutes not 10
Demon Thunder Shock - Seals and freezes for 3 seconds (not freeze for 10s)
Blood Vow - also adds an 18% max HP self debuff and extra damage is in the form of a metal DOT

A few descriptions have been recently corrected such as Frost Arrow (does physical and not water damage) and sage spark (500% weapon damage and not 700%). Let's hope these do as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My thanx for the information, Lady Asterelle.
  • Seveneyes - Harshlands
    Seveneyes - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is awesome thanks a lot. I think this should be stickied until the changes have been made.

Also don't forget the good old:

Aim low - Freezes, not stuns
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php

says stun there and in game x.x

cause when i c it shot it just freezes(sometimes weird glitc were the target still moves after bein frozen but after the duration the target goes bac to exact spot it was frozen in.)

and kinda dumb as the desription says stun for 9s and demon version gives 3s stun... b:puzzled
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To freeze something is to stun it isn't it? Shouldn't Aim Low say immobilize?
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hmm..never knew blazing arrow adds fire damage to skills.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    edited July 2009
    Hmm..never knew blazing arrow adds fire damage to skills.

Not all skills just the ones that take 1 arrow to cast

Test on an FB89 Metal Immune mob...

No blazing arrow
    Thundershock = resist
    Lightning Strike = resist
    Thunderous Blast = resist

With blazing arrow
    Thundershock ~450 dam
    Lightning Strike ~450 dam
    Thunderous Blast = resist

Another interesting effect is from using skills on a fire immune mob (like in fb99 or delta). Other players can see the fire damage part of blazing arrow cause a "Resist" even though you don't see this resist on your screen. Cycle through your skills and ask which ones cause them to see a "Resist". Pretty much all do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thank you so much for this. I already knew some, but the 79 ones are nice to have figured out clearly. And especially the thing about Blazing Arrow is very nice to know ^.^
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • Kiexcolo - Sanctuary
    Kiexcolo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nice!! I was about to start a thread on whether Blazing Arrow Bonus adds to skills as well when I noticed this. This should be stickied!!
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My thanx for the information, Lady Asterelle.
    hes a sir asterelle, but nice to be pointed out, add to the list if you catch more.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oh noes, tear is back ;o

wait, what am I doing in the archer forum..?! *runs back to barbie world*
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
    edited July 2009
    hes a sir asterelle, but nice to be pointed out, add to the list if you catch more.

Ehh... in real life my name isn't "Asterelle" btw <_<
    Asterelle is the name of a level 97 archer who is female so it is fine to refer to her as a she.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ehh... in real life my name isn't "Asterelle" btw <_<
    Asterelle is the name of a level 97 archer who is female so it is fine to refer to her as a she.

... Am I just strange or why did I think of Ashton Kutcher here?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *SMACK* dont corrupt my mental image of lady asterelle!

b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks Asty ;)
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
    edited August 2009
    Just noticed this from the latest patch notes
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patchsubpage/patch-notes-version-166-5391
    Blessing of the Condor (Genie Skill) now correctly states that it is a self-only buff.

Pretty cool :)

Since the localization team seems in the mood to fix these skill descriptions let's hope more on this list will be corrected shortly.

It's kind of ironic that this statement of a textual correction contains a mistake (the skill is not a Genie Skill but a lvl 79 archer skill).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just wanted to add another addition to the errors in skill descriptions.

Sage Wingspan has a 20% chance to give you a 50 chi boost per hit. A lot of people are unaware of this, but I can get a full three sparks in a good group of mobs.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

Sage Wingspan has a 20% chance to give you a 50 chi boost per hit. A lot of people are unaware of this, but I can get a full three sparks in a good group of mobs.

Ummm... wow? Are you serious about this? Thats pretty damn impressive. I'll have to confirm this but that sounds incredible.

I am going to push again to get these skills corrected. I wonder if they'll let me make the edits as I don't really trust the localization team to do it accurately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Would you mind keeping this post up-to-date with any new findings, Lady Asterelle?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ummm... wow? Are you serious about this? Thats pretty damn impressive. I'll have to confirm this but that sounds incredible.

I am going to push again to get these skills corrected. I wonder if they'll let me make the edits as I don't really trust the localization team to do it accurately.

That would be a good idea having you edit the descriptions. Just no maths since others get headaches.

I can so see you getting carried away with introducing maths and stuffs all over the place. =D
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

Very serious; it was a pleasant surprise.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009

too bad its close range ;x

sounds like a easy way to build chi in delta though
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    So it appears as if it doesn't proc by the number of mobs hit; instead when it procs it gives a full spark instead of a half of one. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't test it enough.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    It also appears as if multiple Stormrage Eagles from multiple archers stack. Don't ask me-- we were loaded with chi in a delta so we tried it out. If/when I get Sage Stormrage Eagleon, I'll report back regarding multiple phys/mag def reductions.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure most DoTs in the game stack. Like Ironheart or Poison or Bleed.

Actually I think all DoTs stack and nothing else.

Other buffs can be overbuff such as cleric buffs or sharptooth.
    Then there are buffs that dont overbuff like cleric mag defense, blazing arrow, crit buff, stun, seal.

Some buffs that do the same thing stack (cleric phys defense, golden bell) but they are different buffs. Sometimes buffs that have the same icon like barb HP buff and Tree of Protection are actually different buffs even though they have the same effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure most DoTs in the game stack. Like Ironheart or Poison or Bleed.

Actually I think all DoTs stack and nothing else.

Other buffs can be overbuff such as cleric buffs or sharptooth.
    Then there are buffs that dont overbuff like cleric mag defense, blazing arrow, crit buff, stun, seal.

Some buffs that do the same thing stack (cleric phys defense, golden bell) but they are different buffs. Sometimes buffs that have the same icon like barb HP buff and Tree of Protection are actually different buffs even though they have the same effect.
    Does anyone know of a sage archer (lvl 99) who has SE? Does the added bonus get its own icon? I know when cast on a boss in delta, the SE metal DoT icon was "bumped" from the second archer's cast and the appropriate damage was done (and seen exclusively) by the caster for the appropriate 30 seconds after cast.

If two sage archers SE'd a single target, a 30 second, 40% phys & mag debuff would be incredible!
  • andyshark
    andyshark Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hi are archers good pvpers???b:sad
  • grzybson888
    grzybson888 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:shockedb:laughb:angryb:sadb:bye
    edited March 2011
    Big Necro
    And most archer skill descriptions are correct now except for like aim low and sage stormrage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liisu - Lothranis
    Liisu - Lothranis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tyvm for the information f:sneakyf:thanksf:shyf:cute
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tyvm for the information
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Liisu - Lothranis replied to a message that was 2 years 1 month 10 days 8 hours 55 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.