Polearm: Deamon or Sage?

unoxx
unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
Hello, I'm a polearm BM and I'm currently confused about what is better, deamon or sage. I'm not gonna reach lvl 90 very soon, but I'd like to make the good choice, and I'm sure others will find the info useful as well.

Lyndura, you stated in the BM PvP tactic thread "sage polearms shouldn't PvP anyway". Why is this? From what I've read at ecatomb from the skill descriptions sage give more attack power and higher p.def.
Since you are the PvP polearm expert on this forum, can you explain why I should go deamon?
And yes, I am PvP oriented. PvE is nice, but doesnt require to fine tune my character, except maybe in rebirth.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by unoxx on

Comments

• Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Demon get's the 1% more crit, higher attack speed (with spark, or some other demon skill), and extra stun, and longer range, plus demon glacial spike is friggin' sick (a chance to get full crits for next 6 seconds). Another thing is that the bleed skills don't take as long so technically you get a higher DPS. If you choose axe heaven would be a little more acceptable considering you AoE alot more (need the defense), you can use the dragon more often, highland cleave gives a nice crit bonus, and you have a significant increase in base dmg (90% on an axe is higher than 90% increase with any other BM wep).
    So anyways, Demon for a Polearm user is alot more appropriate compaired to a Sage Polearm user for PvP purposes.
  • __Leonidas__ - Sanctuary
    __Leonidas__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Demon get's the 1% more crit, higher attack speed (with spark, or some other demon skill), and extra stun, and longer range, plus demon glacial spike is friggin' sick (a chance to get full crits for next 6 seconds). Another thing is that the bleed skills don't take as long so technically you get a higher DPS. If you choose axe heaven would be a little more acceptable considering you AoE alot more (need the defense), you can use the dragon more often, highland cleave gives a nice crit bonus, and you have a significant increase in base dmg (90% on an axe is higher than 90% increase with any other BM wep).
    So anyways, Demon for a Polearm user is alot more appropriate compaired to a Sage Polearm user for PvP purposes.

all above said done bro DEMON FTW!!!!!
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree that demon is more suited for PvP, but take note that the demon version of Meteor Rush completely converts the skill from PvE to PvP based. Stunning does not work with this skill at all (unless you're killing just one mob).

If you want stuns, you can simply switch out your weapon to a Darken pike/poleblade which is much less permanent than ruining a skill for the purpose of PvP.

/argue
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree that demon is more suited for PvP, but take note that the demon version of Meteor Rush completely converts the skill from PvE to PvP based. Stunning does not work with this skill at all.

If you want stuns, you can simply switch out your weapon to a Darken pike/poleblade which is much less permanent than ruining a skill for the purpose of PvP.

/argue

You don't AoE grind past level 90.

And for Rebirth and TW it is much better to have a pushback+stunning skill.
  • Complicate - Lost City
    edited July 2009

And for Rebirth and TW it is much better to have a pushback+stunning skill.

Why not?

On the other hand skill canceling would be nice on HH bosses.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    no one needs to aoe grind after 90, now that rebirth with a good squad nets 3 times the xp in the same amount of time. plus rebirth is way more fun.

meh, 50% not that great. bms already have shadowless kick, a 50% interrupt doesn't seem like something i'd bet someones life on.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Why not?

On the other hand skill canceling would be nice on HH bosses.

Because you do rebirth, crazy stone, zhenning, world quest, OHT daily, OHT2 daily, OHT3, etc. The mobs have too much HP to efficiently AoE grind.

And for cancelling there is Shadowless Kick and Lighting Chaser, both do the work better. And there're not really many bosses that really need cancelling besides Belial.

And you're giving your own answer already, you're arguing about PvE points, for PvP Hell is the way to go.
  • Complicate - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    And you're giving your own answer already, you're arguing about PvE points, for PvP Hell is the way to go.

Well it's the only perspective someone below 90 can look through according to you b:cute

I'm only arguing because I want to learn more about the class. Ecatomb alone is not very effective at making arguments.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I did.
    and OHT3 is amazing for aoe grinding, that's how alot of CQ got to 100 so quick pulling 4% a hour at lvl 98.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    complexx wrote: »

I did.
    and OHT3 is amazing for aoe grinding, that's how alot of CQ got to 100 so quick pulling 4% a hour at lvl 98.

You mean zhenning, yes it is 4~7% an hour depending on the level. But if someone is going to do it solo it is much better to use Axes
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You mean zhenning, yes it is 4~7% an hour depending on the level. But if someone is going to do it solo it is much better to use Axes

Just aoeing with axes, is what I meant. Thought you were referring to most warriors shouldn't aoe after 90.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I think the only place worth to solo AoE grinding is OHT3.

So yeah in my opinion WR's shouldn't be AoE grinding because there is always Rebirth, Zhenning, World Quest, Crazy Stone, OH2 quests, etc. That is more than enough to level up in a good rate.

But yeah, if someone is not in a guild that runs rebirth/zhen everyday (or they do but they play 10 hours a day), and OHT3 is free of zhenning/KoS guilds, etc; they they can go an AoE grind there.
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Um...but how do you get money? Rebirth, zhenning, crazy stones...all money sinks.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Um...but how do you get money? Rebirth, zhenning, crazy stones...all money sinks.

Rebirth gives you lots thousands in coins, old book pages, mystical tome fragments, immaculate shards, perfect shards, mirages, etc. No mana charm burn, and around 100k HP charm if done correctly.

Also from selling HH materials, etc.