World Chat

Kalepzo - Sanctuary
Kalepzo - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Hi Im from Sanctuary

I've spent alot of time in this server leveling up questing helping ppl, being helped, ect.

I see these yellow world messages from other players all the time, paid for by them users wow ok cool pay to chat.

anyway, wtf is up with these ppl who spam that channel with nonsense and **** off other ppl so they spam the chat in defense or in retaliation against that user? Like someone one my server, who I wont name cause its probally not allowed, but this person makes the world chat significance worthless.

why the hell would I pay attention to what ppl are saying if all thats in that chat is chaotic arguments, nonesensable rambaling and such.

You can say to black list that person but in world chat its diffrent, you black list that person that causes the problem and all you see is the responses from the other ppl defending themselves or speaking thier voice, cause they dont realize just be quite and this child will go away, so no matter what you have to look at world chat and understand whats going on...

This is outta control, world chat should be monitored for negligance at all times.
Some people pay the game for this comfort, please help us enjoy the chat system.
Post edited by Kalepzo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Right, we got some ppl spamming wc everyday giving us head pain with stupid and inmature drama seeking for attention

Why they dont speak at private chat and let us on calm b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    just turn world chat off or ignore who talks at it im no WC spammer but well its not gonna change i guess
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it's probably not gona change and i hate when i have to turn off world chat (i might miss out on a sale or an fb doing so...)

but seriously, they really need to get some people to mod the world chat once in a while
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    WC drama is a pain...b:sweat
    b:dirty
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    Ezriel - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the idiot gms can make it not cost money to use it. that way they will not go there for attention...
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the idiot gms can make it not cost money to use it. that way they will not go there for attention...

Actually, making it free would result in an even worse situation. People will spam world chat with everything. b:shocked
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009

since the whole server reads it making it cost nothing will just worsen it
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    >_> Believe me, I feel your pain. Sanctuary has some serial spammers. (You know who he is -_-) All you can do it either blacklist them, turn WC off all together(by making like... the faction chat your main, and allowing Normal chat into that mode), or just pay attention to offensive chats and report them. b:angry

Edit: And no, do not make it free because all the morons talking in normal chat will now in be in WC and it will be constant horrible ****. Dear lord. Just go stand in West Archo for about.... 30 seconds and you'll see how WC would be if it were free.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    WC drama is a pain...b:sweat

This.b:bye
    Quit.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Aw... just this morning that damn archer W & his buddies wouldn't shut up... b:surrender Seriously... just he alone must have spent over a mil on all those teles... damn rich ppl... b:cry
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Aw... just this morning that damn archer W & his buddies wouldn't shut up... b:surrender Seriously... just he alone must have spent over a mil on all those teles... damn rich ppl... b:cry

lol all of us know who is... wc spam king b:angry when someone reply they with *shut up* they feel proud cuz keeps our attention -.- and this last days while him was silent other ppl spam us making him a several competence

Why GMs dont banned they from wc cuz is unfair if we will turn off wc for dont be bother with drama and couldnt read other issues while they continues spam all the time. b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol all of us know who is... wc spam king b:angry when someone reply they with *shut up* they feel proud cuz keeps our attention -.- and this last days while him was silent other ppl spam us making him a several competence

Why GMs dont banned they from wc cuz is unfair if we will turn off wc for dont be bother with drama and couldnt read other issues while they continues spam all the time. b:question
    I understood none of that lol.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I understood none of that lol.

U bored and bother us with your spams on wc but i must admit while u was silent other ppl wants your wc possition and beggin with spams too..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Although he is a pain the ****, he has a point. Make coherent arguments o_O
  • Kalepzo - Sanctuary
    Kalepzo - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Blocking world chat would surely limit my reach in the game, as i spend alot of time looking at it for deals and squad invites.
    I would think that world chat was meant for things like these and was limited to paying to speak on it to prevent people from spamming the hell outta of it.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Blocking world chat would surely limit my reach in the game, as i spend alot of time looking at it for deals and squad invites.
    I would think that world chat was meant for things like these and was limited to paying to speak on it to prevent people from spamming the hell outta of it.

God invented rich people to take advantage of things like this. I will admit that I took something a bit to far and made one comment I shouldn't have made but I was seriously scared and worried about that person and well I wanted to do the scare tactic to scare them into NOT doing it again. I hope it worked. I don't like what happened.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    God invented rich people to take advantage of things like this. I will admit that I took something a bit to far and made one comment I shouldn't have made but I was seriously scared and worried about that person and well I wanted to do the scare tactic to scare them into NOT doing it again. I hope it worked. I don't like what happened.

Oh noosss! Now he's on the forums too! b:shocked b:cry

Lol btw how much did you spend on teles this morning? I'm just curious.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Oh noosss! Now he's on the forums too! b:shocked b:cry

I'll make a full press release if I'm banned. I plan to make return trips to the forums if said thing happen. I've already got a case set up if they do ban me for something that's happened in the past few hours.
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Oh noosss! Now he's on the forums too!

LMAO!!! XD

God invented rich people to take advantage of things like this. I will admit that I took something a bit to far and made one comment I shouldn't have made but I was seriously scared and worried about that person and well I wanted to do the scare tactic to scare them into NOT doing it again. I hope it worked. I don't like what happened
    You take everything too far, Wizzeled.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    LMAO!!! XD

You take everything too far, Wizzeled.

I'm the kinda guy that walks the lines, but I trip alot since the lines are blurred. If a GM is willing to PM me EXACTLY what I can't do I'll gladly walk the line.

I really gotta find a way to release an official apology to all of Sanc lol.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I'm the kinda guy that walks the lines, but I trip alot since the lines are blurred. If a GM is willing to PM me EXACTLY what I can't do I'll gladly walk the line.

I really gotta find a way to release an official apology to all of Sanc lol.

Dont spam on wc with racist or offensive issues and use the private chat to speak with your friends cuz as Kalepzo said wc is for deals and sqd invites
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just use your pretentious, self absorbed teenager filter, I think it's called Blacklist in this game
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I know everyone says "GMs have to do something" but we don't receive many reports about this sort of thing. If you see someone in world chat saying something inappropriate, screenshot and report it. It is not viable to assume that we can monitor it 24 hours a day. We need your help to clean it up b:cute
  • MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands
    MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It is not viable to assume that we can monitor it 24 hours a day.

I canb:victory if u pay me to. >.>
    I R NO ALT >:O
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I know everyone says "GMs have to do something" but we don't receive many reports about this sort of thing. If you see someone in world chat saying something inappropriate, screenshot and report it. It is not viable to assume that we can monitor it 24 hours a day. We need your help to clean it up b:cute

So that a no go on the PM to tell me what to not do?

Cuz if you want me to use my 'better judgment' well that's the thing that tells me "Oooo I bet this burns real nice."
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I would expect you to be very familiar with the rules of conduct and the terms of service at this point. We make it very clear what sort of conduct is inappropriate, don't be surprised if you get banned when you violate rules, even if you claim to not be aware of them. It's not our job to hold your hand and teach you the rules... rules that you had to agree to upon account creation

EDIT: you are expected to know this, since you already agreed to it
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    read section 10 and 11
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So that a no go on the PM to tell me what to not do?

Cuz if you want me to use my 'better judgment' well that's the thing that tells me "Oooo I bet this burns real nice."

Need attention much?

Why do you need a PM from a GM to know what you can and cannot do?

Anyways.....I will assist in this matter. However as already stated above me, you should have been well aware of the TOS when you signed up and created an account.

Terms of Service

Here is a small refresher on what you are not to do (please reference above for more information) --->

"(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Need attention much?

Why do you need a PM from a GM to know what you can and cannot do?

Anyways.....I will assist in this matter. However as already stated above me, you should have been well aware of the TOS when you signed up and created an account.

Terms of Service

Here is a small refresher on what you are not to do (please reference above for more information) --->

"(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;"

Well honestly everything I say on a WC is not an "attempt" to disturb anyone it is me merely chatting it up. If anyone is disturbed it is totally not on purpose. And I will of course gladly apologize to said disturbed person if I am made aware of the situation.

Edit: I am rereading them right now so as to make sure I do not violate anything in the future. *puts on glasses and a nice lawyering suit*
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Whether or not there is intent does not matter really, common sense should dictate the appropriateness of any topic, even if it doesn't there are many specifics listed.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Whether or not there is intent does not matter really, common sense should dictate the appropriateness of any topic, even if it doesn't there are many specifics listed.

I'm still rereading it. <.< *goes back to reading* It's....very long and drawn out.

Edit: Ok I'm 'almost' sure I've done nothing to violate it yet. And I pray to keep it that way. I'll find out later if I'm not banned today. *watches PWI for "You have been booted"*

Edit2: *pokes spoon with a spoon* I sense 'dislike' flowing off you like water down a stream. By the TOS I don't think you can say "Yeah I don't like you" but hey that's not stopped people before.
This discussion has been closed.