Light Armoured BArbs

Lexiee - Lost City
Lexiee - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
Well, I've seen 2 high lvled Light Armored barbs, they can switch between heavy armor, and light armor. But still have enough STR to wear Dual Axes. That means that they've prolly got low HP for a barb, however, one guy said he can hit like a bm (guess that's not missing as much as barbs) and can hit with the power of a 9x, and the barb is an 8x. If I wan't to PK heavily, should I turn into a Light/Heavy barb?
Post edited by Lexiee - Lost City on

Comments

• Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They're high dex strength/heavy barbs. I play one myself, though I'm not nearly that high in levels so I can't tell you about the PvP aspect (aside from the fact that I'm a twitching dead pinchushion to 7x archers and wizards ;)).

My HP is still about the same as a "regular" barb my level, and my strength is more than enough for my current-level heavy armor. I also have enough dex pumped so that I can wear current-level light armor, but I haven't been buying that. My objective for pumping dex to the endgame HA armor needs right away was to up my accuracy, have a non-MP bow weapon for ranged attacks for a little extra flavor when I feel like it (luring, conserving MP), and just being a bit different. It works out quite well for PvE. VERY well in fact. I can still tank bosses on my own with the aid of Tree of Protection and pots/breads. I rarely miss, and often crit up to 3 times per mob, which gives me a better DOT ratio than your typical no-dex barb. It also ups my evasion so the MOBS miss ME from time to time which is amusing to see.

7x players, however, hit me just fine. I've yet to see if it works well in even-matched PvP. But I've heard that high level barbs can have a good time sniping people from afar in PvP and actually kill them. And the HP bar is still very Barblike. Switching to LA when facing Caster types like Wizards, Clerics, and Venos, while pelting them from afar with physical arrow attacks, could very well be a valid tactic. Trying the same thing with an Archer would be a test of your damage vs his damage + skills, and your HP vs his (definitely smaller) HP. And BM's do not like being kited - imagine being kited by a Barb. It would be humorous if it wasn't remotely possible.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    FAIL b:shutup
    Armageddon is useless with low HP.
    Barbs DONT HAVE LOW ACC, Use Bloodbath.
    High HP makes it up for the lack of high m.Def b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ahh i see, armageddon, forgot bout that move..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Switching to LA when facing Caster types like Wizards, Clerics, and Venos, while pelting them from afar with physical arrow attacks, could very well be a valid tactic.
    Problem is, you'd die much faster than a heavy barb with the extra VIT. The improved magic defense of light armour will not come close to offsetting the HP you'd have given up.

Also, engaging a ranged attacker at the range he/she prefers anyway (ie. the one that they can vastly out-damage you at), just does not seem like a very good tactic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com