New Venomancer Seeking Advice

beforedawn
beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
Okay so I just started playing this game and I thought the venomancer looked fun to play. I think I'll go with the light armour build, and I've been looking up pets, but I'm not sure which pets are most suitable and I really don't want to do trial and error aimlessly. I think I would probably want a golem, a pet for attack, and a pet for luring, but beyond that I have no clue.

So I was wondering if you experienced venomancers had any suggestions or advice for me regarding pets and just venomancer in general. Thanks! b:thanks
Post edited by beforedawn on

Comments

• Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Best advice I can give you is, read all the stickys, try out the advice given, join a good faction, and play hard. =)

That's what I did, and not even 2 Months later and I am @ 62.

Joining a good Faction helps a lot.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The Golem is over rated for it's P.Def stat (which doesn't translate into ability). Pet's DPS (Damage Per Second) is also over-rated. It takes the DPS of a NIX or Scorpion with the rare skill Claw to make a significant difference in normal grinding. Using the Howl debuff on a pet can make as much difference in your speed of killing 1-1 as a Scorpion with Claw (but the Scorpion can kill on it's own faster and handle mag resist mobs better). DPS also isn't necessary for Aggro: Applied skills like Howl, Slow, Threaten generate aggro. Speed is over rated when luring pets are discussed.

Why Should Veno's Have a Ranged Pet?
    3 or More Better Lure Options than Kowlin?

If I had to do over again, I'd consider the wolves that come with howl as a means to obtaining the legendary pets faster.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    The Golem is over rated for it's P.Def stat (which doesn't translate into ability). Pet's DPS (Damage Per Second) is also over-rated. It takes the DPS of a NIX or Scorpion with the rare skill Claw to make a significant difference in normal grinding. Using the Howl debuff on a pet can make as much difference in your speed of killing 1-1 as a Scorpion with Claw (but the Scorpion can kill on it's own faster and handle mag resist mobs better). DPS also isn't necessary for Aggro: Applied skills like Howl, Slow, Threaten generate aggro. Speed is over rated when luring pets are discussed.

Why Should Veno's Have a Ranged Pet?
    3 or More Better Lure Options than Kowlin?

If I had to do over again, I'd consider the wolves that come with howl as a means to obtaining the legendary pets faster.

I keep seeing debuff a lot. What is debuff? And thanks for your advice I'll definitely consider getting a wolf that comes with howl.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    beforedawn wrote: »
    I keep seeing debuff a lot. What is debuff? And thanks for your advice I'll definitely consider getting a wolf that comes with howl.

Read this for a better understanding of Debuff Pet/s.
    Debuff Pets (expanded)
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne