getting $$$

Lailahh - Harshlands
Lailahh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
well i want a legendary pet, i know there's lots of posts about this type of thing. but im wondering what ways people make money fast. (veno that is)

i herd that veno's are the best at making money so thats why i made one. then i soon found out there good in PvP as well, which is good for the server i play on.

so here's the idea i have so far

catch rare pets and sell them.
obviously grind my butt off and get drops.
buy things at low prices and try to resell.
grab all mats i see while i'm grinding as they pile up and sell for a nice chuck of cash.

now what i don't understand is being a higher lvl the key to getting more money, should i try to level as fast as i can now then worry about getting the money for a legendary pet later, or start now?

also should i quest, or grind, quests have reward's and exp but don't rly make money. while grinding is time consuming and boring but it has drops and gold.

well that's all i have so far let me know what you think thanks in advance.
Post edited by Lailahh - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well i want a legendary pet, i know there's lots of posts about this type of thing. but im wondering what ways people make money fast. (veno that is)

i herd that veno's are the best at making money so thats why i made one. then i soon found out there good in PvP as well, which is good for the server i play on.

so here's the idea i have so far

catch rare pets and sell them.
    obviously grind my butt off and get drops.
    buy things at low prices and try to resell.
    grab all mats i see while i'm grinding as they pile up and sell for a nice chuck of cash.

now what i don't understand is being a higher lvl the key to getting more money, should i try to level as fast as i can now then worry about getting the money for a legendary pet later, or start now?

also should i quest, or grind, quests have reward's and exp but don't rly make money. while grinding is time consuming and boring but it has drops and gold.

well that's all i have so far let me know what you think thanks in advance.

XD Ok, I'm in the same place as you- trying to make as much money as possible fast, but it's going kinda slow for me.

Firstly, though, I don't think catching rare pets is worth your time right now. They spawn so rarely, and when they do you can guarentee that they will have a large welcoming party. That means a bunch of people going after it at the same time, and if it looks like you might get it someone may kill it out of spite. The time you waste waiting around for a rare pet will lose you a lot of money.

I've heard that grinding is the best way to get money, as you get a lot of drops. At lvl 37 I make about 60k an hour after grinding (10k money drops, 50k NPCing DQ items). I've heard around lvl 56 or so you'll make 100k per hour grinding. So, grinding may be in your best interest, but quests aren't too bad. My suggestion- log in, pick up all the quests you can, then go grind grind grind the mobs you need and just keep going until you're about ready to get off, and then turn in the quests before you log off. That way you're not wasting a ton of time running back and forth turning things in for a little bit of money.

And- you will make more money later on, yes, but you want to save every penny you get now and try to get as much as you can now. Remember, besides saving you have repairs, skills, and armor/weapons to get, so you will need as much as possible.

Honestly, I don't know how these lvl 47's are getting hercs -_- I only have 2.5 mil right now, and we need what... like 20+mil? Bleeeeeeh.

Good luck =)
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ways to make money fast -

- Grind Air Mobs for lots of DQ Items
    Suggested Mobs - Lv 60 Flying Foxies near Bamboo Village, Lv 72 Birds near Town of Sanctuary, Lv 82 Flying Bat Mobs north of Lost City on a huge cliff.
    (You get the most drops if your 1-2 levels above the mob so try not to level up fast by skipping Crazy Stone or whenever you got a full bar of exp, pump them into New Genies and resell Genies for $$$ )

- FB / TT
    This is an option after you are Lv 70, Solo all the FBs and TTs that you can hoping for good drops/ Molds. Though you need to be patient and lucky to get away with a mold in an FB, Twilight Temple (TT) Instances are a good way of making money at around 70s. Some refuse to level and stay at 70s and solo TTs like mad till they make enough money to get a Legendary pet.

- Farming Herbs and Minerals
    Well, this can be annoying not so worth it unless you have a very quick mount and the patience. It might work for you but its definitely not for me. I hate it when someone else steals my herbs/ Mat drops, kinda pisses me off. So yeah unless you got a good mount, dont even plan to harvest herbs / Mats, takes forever.

These are the only three ways that I know of that let you make fast money. You could try selling DQ Items etc for players but that would take a long time and luck.

I got a Herc by grinding at Lv60 Foxies for 1 Whole month, Made 30 Million or almost 1 Million a day and pumped the rest of my exp to a few Genies, Levelled them to 60 and sold them for 1m+ each. You could try that b:victory
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dont waste your time waiting the respawn of rare pets for sell it on catshop.

Grind flying mobs is better cuz they gives u more stuff, lv62 Vampiric nearby Dreaming Village they gives u more than 500k on a few time.

Dont espend money at crazy stone quest, clothes, new skill, weapons, mats...... dont waste coins at anything until get your legendary pet.

If u drop someting special dont waste time at catshop, AH is more interesting and u can grind while your stuff is auto-selling.

Is easy obtain the legendary pet on a few weeks and after u will drop stuuf again while u lvl it to your current lv

Good Luck
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wait... you're saying you grinded foxwing supremes for however long you played in a day.. made a mil a day... and grinded them for 30 days to get 30 mil?

Kinda makes me wish I didn't have a phoenix now Oo
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wait... you're saying you grinded foxwing supremes for however long you played in a day.. made a mil a day... and grinded them for 30 days to get 30 mil?

Kinda makes me wish I didn't have a phoenix now Oo

A was grinding for a 2 weeks a few hours and now i got around 6000 F/S

U can get your legendary pet very easy too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I already have a phoenix... but just hearing how much you guys are grinding out... makes me wonder
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As being a sucker for air mobs n a lvl75 pure arcane, should I grind on the nearest lvl air mobs like fowl n white peasant above santuary or can I grind on the seaspray bladewolf for money gettin a herc? Any suggestions is appreciated (:
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

They have more expenses than Wizards, and overfarming of FB's and TT's has killed any advantage they MAY have had. Many Veno's have coin simply because they level their pets maybe opposed to logging in just to do WQ,FB,CS and quests. As for PvP, do others spend nearly the same on their equips as Veno's do? Nix tends to cost over 20m, in addition to other equipments. They earned or bought any advantage they have over people with comparable other equips.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • taz860
    taz860 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    with tt make muchmoney, for me thats the best way.
    i famred my herc in tt 1-1 form 61-63 now now im 7x and farm hh 1-2 to get nix i have around 6k sofs now.
    each run 100-200k. i dont farm the ulitmate substande couz it takes to much time.
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    nix i have around 6k sofs now.
    each run 100-200k
    Wait, wait... what? What sever are you on? Sofs costing 100-200k? o_O On Sanctuary Sofs sell for 2-2.5k each
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What they mean is that each TT run gives you around 100k to 200k once you sell everything, not the SoF. That would be a ridiculous price to sell them. O.o
  • Lailahh - Harshlands
    Lailahh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    now when u say sell DQ items u meen to the store or cat chop?

and why wouldnt i use DQ items to do DQ's?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    now when u say sell DQ items u meen to the store or cat chop?

and why wouldnt i use DQ items to do DQ's?

because you want the money.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    They have more expenses than Wizards...

How do you figure?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    How do you figure?

Wizards don't have to feed pets, upgrade pet skills, buy pets (legendary), and don't have an alternate tree of skills. Just imagine how rich they'd be if they had to level pets each level. b:chuckle
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wizards don't have to feed pets, upgrade pet skills, buy pets (legendary), and don't have an alternate tree of skills. Just imagine how rich they'd be if they had to level pets each level. b:chuckle

Fire

Water

Earth

Looks like three trees to me.

Mage Veno...

Ironwood Scarab

Venomous Scarab

NG

MB

Looks like two main spells + 2 others on one tree.

200k every 20 levels. Oh noes.

And venos don't actually have to buy a legendary pet, that's completely optional.

+ no downtime

BTW, wizards would be richer with pets...oh wait, then they'd be called Venomancers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    on my server SoF costs like 3.25-3.5k each I wish it would cost 2-2.5k each. and they sell in the auction house for an absurd 8k each

gold trade is difficult because sometimes you see 180k for 8silver
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my wizard eats my money
    my veno makes my money

Veno skills cost is way less considering they only need to lvl 4 skills to grind effectivly. Exactly what i have done.. venom and ironwood are my only maxed nukes at this point.
    Dont have to have good gear cause the pet is taking dmg.
    Feeding pets costs next to nothing. I wouldnt even consider water part of the expensives. only a herc or nix need dropped food, by the time you get those you'll have a tome too.
    Can get by without having to lvl the pet skills. Two of my main pets i never lvled their skill, dont have a problem keeping threat either.

Wizard needs their skills.. pretty much the magority of them are usefull to a wiz, needed, and expensive. Wizards need decent gear to be effective in the feild. They could skip skill lvls, have a not so good weapon.. but then they end up using more skills/mana to kill one thing. My wiz might not take dmg because of kite, but it sure sucks the mana dry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009

And venos don't actually have to buy a legendary pet, that's completely optional.

100% true! We DONT have to buy them. We DONT need them. We just WANT them.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    taz860 wrote: »
    with tt make muchmoney, for me thats the best way.
    i famred my herc in tt 1-1 form 61-63 now now im 7x and farm hh 1-2 to get nix i have around 6k sofs now.
    each run 100-200k. i dont farm the ulitmate substande couz it takes to much time.

Im Lvl75 and I have tried soloing in TT1-2 with 1 Sub, all I got out are 5 mirages, 1 mysterious skulls, 2 skeletons and a Chientien Armor shard...This earned me like around 100k? for 1 and half hour b:surrender
    I have been grindind for 5 days on Seaspray Adalwolf outside of Dreamweaver and only got 1.5mil..b:surrender
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    1-2 isn't profitable, on older servers, neither is 1-1, 1-3, or 2-1. Seaspray's are also a waste of time for coin.

This site can help you determine what you want:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Dont have to have good gear cause the pet is taking dmg.

With wiz, there is no damage if the mobs are kept distant.
    Feeding pets costs next to nothing.

Nickles and dimes add up.
    I wouldnt even consider water part of the expensives. only a herc or nix need dropped food, by the time you get those you'll have a tome too.

Depends on server for tomes.
    Wizard needs their skills.. pretty much the magority of them are usefull to a wiz, needed, and expensive.

I can do without pyroshell, crown of flame, divine pyrogram, dragon's breath, ember storm, frost blade, black dragon strike, Hail Storm, Essential Sutra, pitfall, and mountain's seize. Checking just now, I use 5 skills on my wiz's default macro, and 4 on my veno's.
    Wizards need decent gear to be effective in the feild.

Wizards can go untouched. Pet skills, and decent weapons make Venos more effective.
    My wiz might not take dmg because of kite, but it sure sucks the mana dry.

Kiting rarely needs doing. You have Wall of Phoenix, Force of Will, and the ability to kill most mobs at your level before they reach you. I rarely even use Force of Will -could do without that too.
    edited July 2009
    1-2 isn't profitable, on older servers, neither is 1-1, 1-3, or 2-1. Seaspray's are also a waste of time for coin.

This site can help you determine what you want:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

Thanks you so much! You have been answerin alot of my questions. I really appreciated.
    I think those air mobs Lvl76 Cloudrider Falcon might have better drops.
  • inbetween0
    inbetween0 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    On heavens tear, 1-2 is still profitable for me.
    Make 700k-1.5m per run which takes a little over 2 hours.
    I do drum, as i have a cleric with me, but not soulbanisher.
    You said you did 1-2 subbed, i hope you meant squad mode cuz your drops are appauling and sounds like you only did 1 maybe 2 bosses.
    edited July 2009
    No, I did solo mood with a sub and killed Chientien and Drumboss..
    Am I suppose 2 only sub Squad Mood?
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    No, I did solo mood with a sub and killed Chientien and Drumboss..
    Am I suppose 2 only sub Squad Mood?

If you have a Herc, you're better off doing squad mode. The pay off for single mode is spread out over multiple runs. You'll get really good drops one run, and maybe **** the next.

1-2 may not be so bad as mentioned above, but prices are dropping on that stuff because a lot of venos farm it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1-2 may not be so bad as mentioned above, but prices are dropping on that stuff because a lot of venos farm it.
    I suspect prices for 1-2 are not so bad because most venos don't have the gumption and stubbornness to figure out how to pull Dimentora or kill Lord of Percussion solo. You can't just waltz in and kill them like Chintien. You have to come up with a strategy, which seems to be beyond the imagination of all those people who voted veno as most boring class.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In My Opinion...

I don't think TT is as lucrative, unless you personally need the MATs to craft.
    As someone stated that other Venos are doing the same thing now more frequently. So the market will flood with the items, driving the price down, 'cept in those CatShops that always run high.
    (To them I say, Good Luck with That...)

Since at this level the quests are few and far between, you'll need to grind anyway. So do it with a vengence. It'll pay off.

I find that when I grind I can make between 80k - 120k average per hour depending on MOB types. Cash and Prizes total.

Now @ level 65, Foxwing Supremes will start to lighten up as will Taurox Enthusiasts.

I am sure I will find an equivalent MOB for the next range...

(Suggestions are Welcome...) =)

Usually I am more concerned with the Exp amount rather than the Cash and Prizes. (That's a Bonus)
    I try to find the easiest to kill MOB with the best EXP over Time payout balance.

I could kill higher level MOBs but they take longer so I won't get as much EXP over Time, and Lower Level MOBs do not provide enough EXP if any.

Common sense and a little math will go a long way.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So what TT's are worth doing
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't forget that you can check RobSoft for mob drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]