amazing lvling skills or something dodgy?

Options
Fienna - Sanctuary
Fienna - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Class: Veno (no herc no nix)
Going from lvl 1-60 in one week.
Going from lvl 60-70 in one week.

Class: Wizard (regular gear)
Going from lvl 1-54 in just over two weeks.

Just seemed a bit suspicious. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Fienna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

how many hours a day do they play?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lots of oracles?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lots of oracles?
    how many hours a day do they play?

when i grind for xp on native vipens the only drop i seem to get are scrolls and oracals thats how i lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Venos are the "solo" class and they can kill things much higher level than themselves, which in return give more EXP

So no, not suspicious IMO
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    As a veno who doesn't use scrolls most of the time and haven't since I was like... a cleric <.<;;

I find that leveling is quick if you know which mobs to kill at your level. It also helps if you know the ones that drop good stuff so that you can buy eso's if you use them.

Now, however, I use the valentine's belt. Its better than an eso most of the time since I don't need spirit as much as I need exp. Its not fishy cause like Fliiick said, we're a solo class. And with certain pets (not just herc/nix) its still easy for us to solo grind.

Plus, you also have to consider, some venos are lurers in zhens now. So zhenning, especially with a pet to pull in a large amount of mobs, helps level them even faster.

For example, just yesterday (including cs and wq) I made 16% exp. No scroll. Only justice orders and one man armies all day. I didn't do any fb's or TT's either. Just the valentine's belt and the aforementioned already. And for those of my level, you know how hard it is to get that much exp.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Its not that hard to get lvl 60 in 1 week. Think i got lvl 60 in like 1.5 week and i didn't play non-stop and didnt have a nix. Just make grind parties at airmobs + use exp scroll and play 8 hours per day and there u go. Any class thats ranged can do it.

lvl 60-70 in 1 week is not hard at all either. My archer (back when lost city server just open) went from lvl 60 to lvl 70 in like 5 days. Zhen parties at that lvl gives like 30% per hour.

Its really not that hard to get 1-2 lvls per day at 6X even if you dont zhen. Any range class can just grind bats in swamp and use scroll.

A wiz going from lvl 1 to lvl 54 in 2 weeks is kinda normal tho. That player probably has a a real life and dot play 8 hours per day b:chuckle
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wizards also have a slightly higher chance of dying more often at lower levels (and even higher) depending on their build. Venos also have a higher chance of getting into FBs/TTs and finishing bosses faster due to their luring capabilities and soloability, and can take multiple mobs with ease, even at level 5. However, at 60+, it does even out between the two - I've found that wizards are more likely to get into zhen squads/rebirth then venos will, for example.

It's more a matter of class mechanics and ideal party composition. Even if both players had the exact same amount of time and resources (read: cash/coins/gear) available to them, the veno would still level faster.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Fienna - Sanctuary
    Fienna - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thx for all the replies!

I guess I'm just used to Lineage II and the like...where it actually feels like achievement when you've lvled to somewhere. (><) somewhat humiliating that I must've xped wrong. (70-76 took me a month lol <.<)
  • Lucky_Curse - Lost City
    Lucky_Curse - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wow lving that fast is insane but it's do able if you keep urself buzy...

i think i'm lving ok but i can lv faster if i didn't get bored and took a 4 hour break or w/e....

kudos to u super fast lving machines ^_^
    but is it easier to lv on a pve or pvp servers?
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually that is very possible.
    Lvls 1-60 can be completed without oracles.
    60-70 can be done in one week as well.
    Just have to know how to do it.
    b:surrender
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    o.O

So I'm guessing you didn't get up to number 1, number 2, eat, drink, or sleep?

Wow....someone really likes this game. XD
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hmmmb:shocked
    Someones character is eating too much sugar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Now, however, I use the valentine's belt. Its better than an eso most of the time since I don't need spirit as much as I need exp.
    Is this the belt that gives +4% XP and doesn't combine with Esotericas? I always assumed it was basically worthless, since just 1 Esoterica will give you effectively 12 hours worth of having the belt, plus you get to use a much better belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I made 62 in 2-3 weeks after server opened, and we had 2 people who were outlevelling me. Both got banned for botting.
    You could do it faster now since there's cash shop pets and you can also sell gold and buy yourself a gold weapon.

I dont doubt you could make 60 in a week, but I dont think you could do it in 8 hours a day. You would probably need a high level friend on call to do the bosses for you, or maybe get lucky finding groups to join.

I think the people who would call it "easy" are full of it. just my 2c.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There was a contest on another version of PW where players raced for 24hrs to get the highest lvl. The first and second place winners were a tie between 2 pple who both got to Lv54 in those 24hrs. This was done with oracles, scrolls, scarlet fruit, etc.
    So yeah, i think someone can mak 1-60 in a week.
    The reward was 500G ingame for the top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Some people are just able to spend 8-20 hours a day to play. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BloodJoker - Heavens Tear
    BloodJoker - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its not that hard to get lvl 60 in 1 week. Think i got lvl 60 in like 1.5 week and i didn't play non-stop and didnt have a nix. Just make grind parties at airmobs + use exp scroll and play 8 hours per day and there u go. Any class thats ranged can do it.

lvl 60-70 in 1 week is not hard at all either. My archer (back when lost city server just open) went from lvl 60 to lvl 70 in like 5 days. Zhen parties at that lvl gives like 30% per hour.

Its really not that hard to get 1-2 lvls per day at 6X even if you dont zhen. Any range class can just grind bats in swamp and use scroll.

A wiz going from lvl 1 to lvl 54 in 2 weeks is kinda normal tho. That player probably has a a real life and dot play 8 hours per day b:chuckle

HOLY GOD ur freakin hardcore!!! 1-60 in a week? thats mindblowing to meb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Mercy For The Weak...
    No Pity For The Dieing...
    And No Tears For The Slain!
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I love how everyone forgets how long it took them to do something and they remember on the quicker side of time. Or the same people who like to brag about how fast they level, but in truth it took them much longer to do. "I created a veno on June 3rd and had it to level 74 by June 1st. Was easy............."

Seriously I'm calling BS here. I don't care how many times you post at the top of your lungs (finger tips) stories about leveling to 60 in a week or 60-70 in a week. I'm saying no way. Only remote possibility is if you have high level friends who have nothing better to do then to include you on all their much higher grind parties while you're on a miji. If you claim solo I say BS. I've been at 69 grinding and looking for fbs for almost a week now as a cleric. Granted I play about 3-4 hours a day and my guild is KoS with other ones and the swamps are a nightmare when you're in warring factions, but I still get about 1-2 hours of grinding time to myself so I say BS.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wow thats hardcore but if you grind,grind,grind
    do you even know how to do bosses,fbs,TTs
    i think if you grind that many you miss experience to do such things
    sure its good to do that all that fast but there must be downsides
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I know that its illegal but since I only have 15min-30 minutes every few days I wish someone could grind me to lvl60 because I soooo want to take part in TT and get a green weapon. At my rate I will never get there. I do have to say that even though I can only play that few minutes a day I really do enjoy the game. (the reason I only play so little is I work full-time and have a supercute baby girl that I enjoy taking care of after work). I tell my wife though I will continue to play PWI even if its for only 15 minutes.

Also at that level I can make more cash on drops so I can buy more clothes and extend my inventory slots.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.