Can I have more then one account?

Kitsune_Hime - Dreamweaver
Kitsune_Hime - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Hi

I was just wondering if I can have more then one account or if I'm limited to just one.

thank you
Beauty is the shining light within one's heart.The only real mystery is that there is isn't one, you just need to take the time to get to know.

princessjulie

Dreamweaver:
LadyKitsune-Venomancer
_Julie_-Cleric
SerenityStar-Blademaster
_LadyWolf_-Venomancer
Kitsune_Hime-Venomancer
ToraHime-Venomancer
SerenityHope-Archer
__Julie__-Venomancer
Post edited by Kitsune_Hime - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Julian__ - Harshlands
    Julian__ - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi

I was just wondering if I can have more then one account or if I'm limited to just one.

thank you
    yeahcyou can but why would you want more than one account when you can have more then one character?
  • Kitsune_Hime - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    yeahcyou can but why would you want more than one account when you can have more then one character?

Because I've already filled all my character slots for Dreamweaver and I want more characters, so many different looks and names I want to try.^^
    Beauty is the shining light within one's heart.The only real mystery is that there is isn't one, you just need to take the time to get to know.

princessjulie

Dreamweaver:
    LadyKitsune-Venomancer
    _Julie_-Cleric
    SerenityStar-Blademaster
    _LadyWolf_-Venomancer
    Kitsune_Hime-Venomancer
    ToraHime-Venomancer
    SerenityHope-Archer
    __Julie__-Venomancer
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You need 2 accounts (and 2 computers, obviously) if you want to have a catshop running while playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited July 2009
    You need 2 accounts (and 2 computers, obviously) if you want to have a catshop running while playing.

No I don't want to have a cash shop going while I play, I just leave my cat shop up at night when I'm asleep.I just want to try more looks and names.Do you need to have more then one computer to have more then one account?

princessjulie

Dreamweaver:
    LadyKitsune-Venomancer
    _Julie_-Cleric
    SerenityStar-Blademaster
    _LadyWolf_-Venomancer
    Kitsune_Hime-Venomancer
    ToraHime-Venomancer
    SerenityHope-Archer
    __Julie__-Venomancer
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No, you just need 2 computers to play on both accounts at the same time...
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Some players multi-box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Some players multi-box.

Multi-box? Never heard that term before,what does that mean?

princessjulie

Dreamweaver:
    LadyKitsune-Venomancer
    _Julie_-Cleric
    SerenityStar-Blademaster
    _LadyWolf_-Venomancer
    Kitsune_Hime-Venomancer
    ToraHime-Venomancer
    SerenityHope-Archer
    __Julie__-Venomancer
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2009

As far as I know, multi clients are illegal. May want to check with a gm about that.

But basically it is where you run two clients at one time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009

One player actively playing multiple accounts spread across multiple computers (boxes) at once, hence the term multi-boxing.

This is not to be confused with multi-clienting which is multiple accounts on one machine.

In this game, multi-boxing is allowed while multi-clienting is illegal.

To keep it simple, that's as far as I'm going to explain it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    One player actively playing multiple accounts spread across multiple computers (boxes) at once, hence the term multi-boxing.

This is not to be confused with multi-clienting which is multiple accounts on one machine.

In this game, multi-boxing is allowed while multi-clienting is illegal.

To keep it simple, that's as far as I'm going to explain it.

Ahhh never heard the term multi-boxing meaning more than one comp b:surrender

omgthanks xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    More than one account is legal. All you need is a different email address to create a different login. You *can* be logged in to 2 different accounts on 2 different PCs at the same time.

You *can't* be logged on to the same account on 2 different computers at the same time, the system won't allow it.

And running 2 *instances* of PWI on the *same* PC at the same time is against the Terms of Service, and can get you banned.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    More than one account is legal. All you need is a different email address to create a different login. You *can* be logged in to 2 different accounts on 2 different PCs at the same time.

You *can't* be logged on to the same account on 2 different computers at the same time, the system won't allow it.

And running 2 *instances* of PWI on the *same* PC at the same time is against the Terms of Service, and can get you banned.

Red

this is correct