Faction Castles

Naliaa - Sanctuary
Naliaa - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
Just a thought but as a faction we should have the ability to collect mats to build a castle for the faction. Pick a spot claim the territory and put up your castle. While the castle is going up it will need to be defended by the owning faction. Other factions could come in and conqure it and claim it for themselves. Once the process has started to go up you have lets say 3 downtimes until it will be totally up and running.

Also have crafting area's in the castle to build stuff at and the ability to upgrade the castle with defenses and such.

My thoughts. Flame away.
Post edited by Naliaa - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Revens - Dreamweaver
    Revens - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just a thought but as a faction we should have the ability to collect mats to build a castle for the faction. Pick a spot claim the territory and put up your castle. While the castle is going up it will need to be defended by the owning faction. Other factions could come in and conqure it and claim it for themselves. Once the process has started to go up you have lets say 3 downtimes until it will be totally up and running.

Also have crafting area's in the castle to build stuff at and the ability to upgrade the castle with defenses and such.

My thoughts. Flame away.

not a bad idea,also brings in a new way for us to splash are cash on lol.will cause alot of people buying mats from boutique too so win win for everyone.
  • Meteoric - Harshlands
    Meteoric - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What an awsome idea b:laugh

Walking around questing, only to have a castle block your flight path, could get annoying though :/
  • Zaw - Heavens Tear
    Zaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOVE the idea i think it wud be awesome!
    lol have a new area to train in :D
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    would guild's that own the territory be able to build the "castle to be" be able to build castles? Because if some random new guild came in and built a castle on some other guild's territory, it would be random for the guild who owns the territory to have another's castle on their land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naliaa - Sanctuary
    Naliaa - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This would be part of TW. So you would have to take over the territory to build the castle. Then you would have to constantly defend your territory to keep the castle from falling to another faction. A random faction could not put a castle up without taking over the territory first.
  • Butt_Head - Dreamweaver
    Butt_Head - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    as i posted in my Guild Castles and TW remake i think this would be an awesome idea, but i lacked to define all the problems and didnt see all the issues it could cause, u should think this suggestion over, and post exact details on it, u must cover everything, remember!
  • Bow_Caster - Dreamweaver
    Bow_Caster - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like the idea of a PoH on this setup... Castles would give guilds a HOME'LY sense... I believe all lv3 guilds should get that option... or make a 4th lv and let that be the option. Make it to where you could upgrade your castle from just a Teleporter and a Bank, to... well... Merchants and Blacksmiths and Apoths and so on. Get the full feel of a home... Idk maybe some mini-games or what now. Ive seen this done in another MMO... I dont see why as great as PWI is why they cant pull it off. Make it like 4 options for the home placement... One in the Icey Mountains, one in the desert one in the swamp and one over in the grasslands... one for each climate. ya know. And let the leader choose where the castle would be. No, not one that could be taken over. because that is just a lame idea in general. Make it like an instance or something. Maybe accesable from the "stone" Hell there is SOO much you can do with this little idea. Oh so much. PWI could even corner the market with a completely new ideas like maybe a Crown for the leaders or what not, or a Kings Robe. Like i said... SOO many versital things you could do with this little idea. SO many
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    omg that would be so pretty with all those castles in the world b:cute

But (sorry harshlands! >.<) it wouldn't really work in Harshlands (unless your in KD b:cute) since most of the land not taken over by KD gets tossed around a ton.... <.< never see's a week of it before its taken over lol
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would have to say for this to fun for most factions you would have to make it where every faction can have castle, especially for those servers where one faction owns it all >.>. I would have these castles in an instance.

But maybe as a secondary idea, those factions that do own territories maybe allow them to move their castle into the main game in a territory (of their choosing) that they own?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Um... This sounds a lot like the housing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Um... This sounds a lot like the housing system.

Is that a bad thing? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragoonloki
    dragoonloki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I completely agree with that idea would require alot from the dev's work on there part but still it would a great idea
  • Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is a wonderful idea. I agree with putting the castles into instances tho. Calamity or Equinox would have 'em all if it was in a territory. Maybe we could have mobs IN our houses in special dungeons or whatever. It would be extremely cool. I think PWI could do a MUCH better job that the last MMO that I played with a PoH *resists to say name of epic fail MMO*
  • Arilyn - Harshlands
    Arilyn - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Maybe the faction should own maybe 5 or more pieces of territory before they can start building their castle.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My thoughts. Flame away.

FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME b:angryb:angry

Wait, this isn't actually such a bad idea. Might be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • SajinX - Dreamweaver
    SajinX - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If the plan for the coming expansion isn't witten in stone, they should put this in with it. It will forever change TW for the better. It would be cool to join a faction and hang out in the castle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Maybe the faction should own maybe 5 or more pieces of territory before they can start building their castle.

Yeah but sadly this would exclude most factions from have a castle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ztyx - Dreamweaver
    Ztyx - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    but what would a faction do? theres no point having one if it doesnt do anything
  • kaban
    kaban Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well maybe I'll try to add smth from myself.

If it comes to castles i think that's a great idea (i remind sieges in other MMO quite good)
    I think it would be nice to set few castles around the world (dunno lets say 10-12?) anyway my point is that every clan (eh... i'll stick to clan word cuz i get used to it, hope u wont hang me for that) could own 1 castle at one time. Castle sieges would be done weekly.
    Castle features:
    - Teleporting to nearby zones (not only to villiges)
    - Crown and other accessory / costumes
    - Castle instanced dungeon reseted every 24h
    - Lord's banner (puts a banner on the ground when used that increases a bit HP and MP regeneration to nearby clanmates)
    - Scrolls that would allow tleportation to the castle
    - % of XP recovered after death (when returned to castle)
    - Some items like charms that are possible to craft only with materials obtained fromm castle's instance. (Lets say charm of casting spd, charm of dmg reflection, guardian charm of purifiction (automaticly removes de-buffs))
    - Special mounts that are rideable only by clanmembers that posses the castle, and only during the time they posses it (mounts wont dissapear after lossing a castle but ont be rideable anymore)

Siege rules (vs NPC)
    - To take a part in a siege a clan should be lv 3 (or maybe higher? ;D)
    - The faction has to pay 5mil in order to participate.
    - The maximum of 10 clans may participate in a single siege.
    - The siege lasts untill castle lord is killed
    - To get the castle a castle lord (boss) has to be killed, the winner is that clan which done the most dmg to the boss.

vs Players.
    - To take a part in a siege a clan should be lv 3 (or maybe higher? ;D)
    - The faction has to pay 5mil in order to participate.
    - The maximum of 10 clans may participate in a single siege.
    - The siege lasts for 2 hours
    - The castle lord has it's HP/MP tripled for the time of the siege
    - If the castle lord dies, the clan that contributed the most dmg to the castle lord takes the ownship of the castle, but the siege doesn't end and the situation changes that the new castle lord becomes defender and the clan who lost the castle automaticly become attacker.
    - New defenders are automaticly refreshed (HP/MP restoration) and the leader of the clan becomes a castle lord (hp/mp x3)
    - Untill the siege is finished the castle owner may be changed unlimited amount of times.
    - If the defenders of the castle will remain the castle for next week they will earn 25% of the siege bid taht was paid by attackers.

what do you think bout that? ;)
  • Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    @ kaban: not really the idea i had in my head but who cares? different ideas lead to better ideas.

Im thinking that the castles should be more like the fort you can obtain in Neverwinter Nights 2 (tell me if i should edit this out plz). It has special workbench areas, special merchants etc. Maybe have that idea for the castle banner. The castles should be built inside instances that cost a lot of money with a lot of mats. this way not everyone has their own castle and it helps keep everyone from getting overpowered. have special buffs, special dungeons, special mats, special mounts, special aeros, special fashion, special weapons (like a weapons barrel), a banker npc for the faction bank so that we no longer have to take up character slots for making faction storage alts. There are a ton of ideas that could be used with castles, but i stand firm that they should be instanced and not attackable for control. Now if you want to have a friend faction try to lay seige to your castle, then yes, but not to gain possession.

thanks for reading my mixed up thought. b:victory
  • Brawla - Dreamweaver
    Brawla - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i thought of something similar but pirate ships.. Just expand waaaaay eastward on the map into the ocean and let there be several ships they can control :P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmm this reminds me of another mmorpg me played lol.
    b:sweat
    it was fun though.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mel_ - Heavens Tear
    Mel_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That sounds awesome!
    Mel -
    Heavens Tear
    Untamed /Venomancer

Ushio -
    Heavens Tear
    Tideborn /Assassin