Dex on a barb

Options
HeavenzSky - Harshlands
HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
hi, i plan on started a barb on HL server, so i wes just wondering, i see the guides say do tanker build which is axe and gear req per lvl then the rest into vit, but that leaves like 62 dex by end game, so for pvp, should i add more dex than that thru out the lvls?

ps. only experienced barbs that plays on a pvp server pls respond.
Post edited by HeavenzSky - Harshlands on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    me PvE server me noob -_-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm not "experienced" yet but I can tell you how I've been doing with the PvE aspect.

I have a high dex Heavy barb. My stats are set to enough Strength for my current-level armor, 1 Vit per level, and the rest pumped into dex. At this time I have 52 dex, which is far higher than my armor requirement. Over the next 5 levels I will reach the 62 dex I need for endgame armor, and cap it there to see how things go.

I pumped a LOT of dex, and little vit, early on, and the HP bar definitely suffers that way. It's evened out at this point, and I have the same HP as other barbs my level I've teamed with ingame. But I miss a LOT less - almost never. And sometimes crit three times on one mob. XD

Whether my build carries over well to PvP or not, I'll be finding out soon. But it has let me tank bosses alone with very few charm ticks, and grind through mob quests quickly. So it's definitely workable from the PvE perspective at least. We'll see in a little while how well it works against other players.

Not sure what my stats-per-level allocation would be since I was experimenting and changing it along the way. But it's roughly +1 Vit, +2-3 Str, and +2 Dex per level. I made slight adjustments when a new armor was coming up to make sure I'd hit it at-level, or when a boss battle was coming I'd put in an extra Vit instead of all the Dex I usually would. It's worked out well enough.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hmm... I have 40 dex atm, 208 str and 97 vit (not sure, not in game atm). I have lower health bars than barbs that follow the "enought dex for equip" rule, but I have 3% crit rate with no gears, 7% with all the gear. I would not put too much dex for the simple reason that you will still not be missed like an archer and your vit will emprove your p def and mag def as well, and seeing you will be hit most of the time, it's a good thing to have the def and HP. I might put dex into my char over the next few levels to get it to 62. You don't have to worry about missing, because, unless if you put A LOT of dex, you will still miss fist bms and pure archers if you don't use pots (which I do) and/or bloodbath (which I do). However, don't "follow the rules". There are no rules, just guidelines. Worst case scenario, you have to rebuild a char from scratch, or restat it.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    "lets make another silly pure dex barbarian that cant tank chit and need to find another barbarian to do my bosses for me"

lmfao.

enough with the silly lets pump dex into a barb. its what barbarians get bloodbath for.
    use amber gems and find gear with accuracy+ bonuses and when u have to hit something use bloodbath and mby accuracy powder. accuracy "problem" solved.
    and not to mention you can tank your own bosses lol
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im a full dex barb, with almost 14k hp in tiger, my gears arent uber either. and to the OP, why only barbs from PvP servers? you know you can PK on PvE servers also right?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You this question is pretty tough for a single answer. You have seen from the replys that you can really go any way u want to in terms of DEX.

I personaly am shooting for 44 dex by lvl 70. I want to keep my options open in terms of weapons since they seem to require more dex then gear. I am ofcourse a tank build thou so heavy gear and such is what I have on that requires the high amount of STR usually.

So I guess imo and a suggestion for you would be is look down the road maybe and see what weapons you would like to get and shoot for those stats required. after you achieve what is required you can go nuts on the leftovers in any way you deem fit. STR for VIT or DEX (not magic)
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have minimum Dex for my level which is 49 and I still have more hp and more accuracy than a dex wb my level.

without 90 gear I have 16.4k hp and 3.6k accuracy.

in hh90 gear that would be about 18k hp and same accuracy

Dex builds are bad for everything except archer.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have minimum Dex for my level which is 49 and I still have more hp and more accuracy than a dex wb my level.

without 90 gear I have 16.4k hp and 3.6k accuracy.

Would your numbers be your base numbers? (without using skills?)
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Would your numbers be your base numbers? (without using skills?)

3.6k is with BB the hp is just with my hp buff
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    3.6k is with BB the hp is just with my hp buff

How the hell do you have 3.6k accuracy with BB?

That means you have about 1200 accuracy without it (misites don't count because the don't stack with BB)

And 49 dexterity gives about 400 accuracy, so your gear gives you 800 accuracy?

b:surrender
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not much of a barb expert. All i know is that the only one capable of killing barbs at lvl 75+ is a good wizard. Because of high hp. Everyone complains about barb not dieing and not worth pking. Because of high hp. And I know that perdition is the hardest hitter in the game and it's damage is based strictly on hp. So barbs have the only skill thats almost guaranteed to kill any robe/light -/+10 lvls. Because of high.. you know. Why would any barb gimp his resistence and attack to gain a small amount of accuracy that can be later gained from equip is beyond me... But what do I know, i have little wings on my head...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How the hell do you have 3.6k accuracy with BB?

That means you have about 1200 accuracy without it (misites don't count because the don't stack with BB)

And 49 dexterity gives about 400 accuracy, so your gear gives you 800 accuracy?

b:surrender
    plus the 50% of misty ring as far as I know doesn't affect BB, that means he reachs 1200 without a misty o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i highly doubt his 3.6k accuracy with 49 dex. 400 base accuracy = 800 with 2 mistys, that means hes got 2 accesories that add 400 dex. i dont know if capes can add dex. but thats highly unlikely. its possible, but highly unlikely. can you please upload your char stat screen destroyer? id like to see how you manage your 16.4k hp, and at the same time get 3.6k accuracy.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yes sticky, I saw an archer with a +9 dex cape
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i highly doubt his 3.6k accuracy with 49 dex. 400 base accuracy = 800 with 2 mistys, that means hes got 2 accesories that add 400 dex. i dont know if capes can add dex. but thats highly unlikely. its possible, but highly unlikely. can you please upload your char stat screen destroyer? id like to see how you manage your 16.4k hp, and at the same time get 3.6k accuracy.

Lol I don't use MF rings, those are terrible for barb builds.

My necklace gives 72 acc 3 times, my belt gives 62 twice

ring gives 62 and 3 dex and my other ring gives 62 and 62

+2 perfect amber shards in my xs

You do the math
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    "lets make another silly pure dex barbarian that cant tank chit and need to find another barbarian to do my bosses for me"

lmfao.

enough with the silly lets pump dex into a barb. its what barbarians get bloodbath for.
    use amber gems and find gear with accuracy+ bonuses and when u have to hit something use bloodbath and mby accuracy powder. accuracy "problem" solved.
    and not to mention you can tank your own bosses lol

Keep Laughing, Anonymnous Coward.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol I don't use MF rings, those are terrible for barb builds.

ring gives 62 and 3 dex and my other ring gives 62 and 62

explain.. considering MF would add 200 accuracy, more than both your rings combined... and it adds vit...

edit: i suggest you get rid of your *most likely* **** acc necklace and belt. replace that with swindlers necklace and demon slaughter belt, the mdef you get from that >>>>>> the accuracy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    explain.. considering MF would add 200 accuracy, more than both your rings combined... and it adds vit...

edit: i suggest you get rid of your *most likely* **** acc necklace and belt. replace that with swindlers necklace and demon slaughter belt, the mdef you get from that >>>>>> the accuracy.

My belts both have all resists my necklace has 6 vit and my belt has 90 hp

I think I'm ok with that for the time being in pvp.

But when it comes to tw 0f course I'd swap out for a swindlers and DSB

5% more hp and better base resistances so it refines more.

My rings add vit too but I only listed my accessory bonus's since that's what we are talking about. MF rings do not stack with BB therefore not nessecary for a vit build.

In TW I wear refined 88 magic rings with vit anyhow for more mdef as a cat puller.
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    misty is more useful than + acc rings, simply because you dont have BB on 24/7, and i ONLY pop BB for 1v1 archer/bm fights.

anyways. lunar rings ftw, 50% accuracy, 2% crit. they also add some vit i think? mmmmmmmmm 100% accruacy and 4% crit .....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    misty is more useful than + acc rings, simply because you dont have BB on 24/7, and i ONLY pop BB for 1v1 archer/bm fights.

anyways. lunar rings ftw, 50% accuracy, 2% crit. they also add some vit i think? mmmmmmmmm 100% accruacy and 4% crit .....

Lol, you're wrong merely due to the fact you have less accuracy than me therefore acc modded gear > MF ring

I have more hp than you do in BB and more acc.... you really have no argument here.

Thanks for playing
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    erm, no, you get acc from your other 2 accesories, so your telling me without BB both your rings add over 400 accuracy?

GG

edit: it should be more like 300 acc from each ring, so 600 total, since youget massive dex from your neck/belt

another GG

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    erm, no, you get acc from your other 2 accesories, so your telling me without BB both your rings add over 400 accuracy?

GG

You're missing the point MF rings don't stack with bb. With MF on I only get like 2k accuracy 2k < 3.6

So what is your point?

Like I stated before... if MF rings gives me less overall total acc, I have more hp than you in bb.. AND more acc in my own gear.

Why do you keep posting?

Lol @ ignorant wb from pve servers with inferior builds.
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    flame! flame! flame! flame!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You're missing the point MF rings don't stack with bb. With MF on I only get like 2k accuracy 2k < 3.6

So what is your point?

Like I stated before... if MF rings gives me less overall total acc, I have more hp than you in bb.. AND more acc in my own gear.

Why do you keep posting?

Lol @ ignorant wb from pve servers with inferior builds.

looks like you fail to read my post, BB isnt on 100% of the time.

you have more HP than me in BB, that means nothing, other than you have a bigger bankroll than me, considering that i log on for 1-2 hours a week, i dont really care to much

your calling me ignorant?

lol at the noob PvP server barb who thinks hes godly because he plays on a PvP server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you have more HP than me in BB, that means nothing, other than you have a bigger bankroll than me,

Cool story bro.

So we can conclude that I'm superior because my "bankroll" is bigger.

Done

/Thread.
    9x WB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    since when does more hp = superior? seems like you need to touch up on the english language, maybe go buy a dictionary and thesarus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    RockSkin - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    To cut a bit the friendly atmosphere in this thread (lol) I would like to ask you guys something about my dex and the so known misty rings...

I plan to have 40 dex at level 80 (60 dex at lvl 90) and I know now that misty rings are a good option when base dex it's high. I also know from DestroyTokyo that misty don't stack with blood bath. So should I even care about having a misty ring (or a pair) or should I max blood bath and forget those rings?

And no, I don't pvp much. I only care on best PvE performance now.

Thanks in advance. Peace.
    Life's too short to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    misty rings are not required for PvE, get 1-2 rings with near 100 accuracy, good accuracy shards in ur weapon and blood bath and u'll be fine aniway

at 90 if u are rich get the mastadons <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    at 90 if u are rich get the mastadons <_<

Or you could do like me and farm them ... >.>
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    RockSkin - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hmmm ok. Even better. Misty are kinda expensive b:laugh

My calamities are already imma. amber sharded. Time to max blood bath.
    Life's too short to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]