what i really dont get is the losing exp when you die thing
who agrees?
Post edited by Julian__ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Julian__ - Harshlands
    Julian__ - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I mean once i die when this account is level 40 i might not be able to mount the giant black panther thingy and my infinate wings
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I mean once i die when this account is level 40 i might not be able to mount the giant black panther thingy and my infinate wings

You dont lose past 0%. If youre 40 and .1% and die, you only lose .1%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Julian__ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    who agrees?
    You dont lose past 0%. If youre 40 and .1% and die, you only lose .1%
    ooh wow thanks
  • Julian__ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oooh so and if im just 40 and i die and im 39 i just kill about 1 monster and im 40 again
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    u = lvl 40 with 0.1% exp, when u die, u = 40 with 0.0% exp....u dont go bak in levels
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oooh so and if im just 40 and i die and im 39 i just kill about 1 monster and im 40 again

u r stuck at 40 till u reach 41 no going to 39 u can be stuck at 0% forever though if u keep dying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If they made this game where you lost NO exp when you died it would be too easy.

You can not "delevel"

who agrees?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If there was no exp loss than everyone would be fine with dying and clerics will loose their edge. They won't even have to buy their revive skill since people can go back to town with no consequence whatsoever.

And you can't go back a level. You can only move forward or stay where you are.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've only ever played one game where you could delevel and everyone hated deleveling.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Julian__ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thanks i just learned alot....lol
  • Julian__ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've only ever played one game where you could delevel and everyone hated deleveling.
    ooh thanks i thought you lose 5% exp every time you die, like if your level 100 you go to 95 but i guess not
  • Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

A certain korean mmo whose name implies it is heavily flying-based yet in actuality has a shoddy flying system?
    ooh thanks i thought you lose 5% exp every time you die, like if your level 100 you go to 95 but i guess not

There's an edit button on every post you make. Use it, please.

Losing exp when you die is like...a given with MMOs. If you play any other MMO it's the same, although the amount you lose and at what level might be different.

And um...5 percent of a level 100's exp bar does not equal all the exp from levels 95-99.
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

It's not always 5%. I've seen 3%-5%, but I'm not sure what the determining factor is for that, and the XP bar is the amount needed to level to the next level, and is wiped to 0 + run-over XP at the start of each level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Julian__ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oooooooooooooooooooh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    your spiritual cultivation level determines your xp loss
    5% first ........2% at 69 ,1% at 79, .6% at 89 are last numbers i remember to be somewhat accurate
    so i assume 5%,19=4.5,4,3.5,3,2.5=59
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's not always 5%. I've seen 3%-5%, but I'm not sure what the determining factor is for that, and the XP bar is the amount needed to level to the next level, and is wiped to 0 + run-over XP at the start of each level.

I'm at 2% right now. It's a level thing. However, I'm not sure which the set levels are when it changes. You lose less %, but more EXP the higher you go.

EDIT: Mosz beat me to it with a better explanation.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I feel that there should be many more penalties for dying, like losing items and whatnot.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Kieirranna - Lost City
    Kieirranna - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it would be easier if we didnt lose exp at all...in WoW we dont lose exp...instead our repair bill goes up...why cant we do that? honestly? i mean, if u cant help but dying, then ur stuck at a lvl for a really long time...it happened once and i almost wanted to stop playing PWI so if they could just change that, i would be super happy b:victory
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I want more penalties for dying, like item loss. Dying should have some form of a penalty.

EDIT: Whoops! already posted in this topic.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I must say the loss of exp is pretty high compared to lower levels.
    I lose like 2% if i die at 8x (an hour grinding)
    this was like 5% at 4x (less than 10min grinding)

but pvp wise they shud really make a higher chance on dropping stuff ^^
    especially pink named ppl :D

and talking about pvp they shud make a range in what lvls you can pk, like 20 lvls so lvl 90 naabs wont pk lvl 30s :)
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No. Absolutely no item drop when you die. I tend to keep a lot of stuff with me(mainly because I don't have room for it all in my bank, even with the extension quests). I had that on a different mmorpg, and it only left you your 3 most valuable items. Can't even begin to tell you how much stuff I lost because of that. To be honest, I'd gladly lose a few minutes worth of grinding instead of losing 20k worth of items and equipment. At least you can get the xp back.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    20k worth of items. When you get to my level, you'd lose tens of millions worth of equipment.

The exp loss is fine, I lose I think about .8% when I die now. I think I lose too little exp since I like to stay at a level for a long time to get better gear and rep and such.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91