Wine? What are they for?

luvs2play
luvs2play Posts: 23 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
I keep reading Do/Don't Use Wines FB-whichever? What are the various Wines for, & regardless that I have made a couple to have (just-in-case mode), I still don't understand what these are for or why to/not-to use?
Post edited by luvs2play on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It goes well with cheese.

You can make wines to use in FBs. By the entrance of the FB (inside) there is a npc (drunk swordsman). If you give him the wine (2 wines per run), he will clear most of the monsters inside for you, so you do not have to kill them.

However, those kills do not count towards your side quests, so if you have side quests inside the FB, you should not use wine to do it, since you would have no mobs to kill for your side quest.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what she said above.

I think specific wines are used to make the monsters disappear in each FB cave. People use them to skip over the mobs and go straight for the Boss.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • luvs2play
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, so this is more a waste of mats, than anything useful? Perhaps then, I should just sell the ones I have crafted thus far & not make any more?

I am really trying to understand this MMO afr better, but at every turn, there is something new or another stating some useless bit of info that they state "is a must2have" or some such...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Do not worry about wines until you get to FBs level 50+s
    On the lower level ones, you have side quests inside, so it is easier to just run the all thing without wine and get the side quests also done.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • luvs2play
    edited July 2009
    Okay, thank you. In a lvl though, I'll be attempting the FB59 b:pleased. I have read that there are several parts to this, beginning at lvl/55, but I am unclear which I have already finished for this chain-of-quests and/or which I have yet to complete prior the 'big finalle?

I know there are threads in this Forum & I have read. I will do my best, as I may