RB Gamma guild?

Mothergoose - Sanctuary
Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hello, just wondering, which guild in Sanctuary does the most RB Gamma? It's almost impossible to assemble a RB gamma squad in my current guild, especially for veno. Any RB gamma guilds out there?b:victory
Post edited by Mothergoose - Sanctuary on

Comments

• scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I am sure that any faction with a good number of people in the 75-85 range do rebirth gamma.

The problem for Veno is there are just way to many of you. I dont know much about Gamma or rebirth in general, but I do know for Delta I have no problem finding a veno ever. If you want an almost guaranteed invite for RB play as barb or wiz. b:chuckle
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    add me lulz i sometimes find it hard to find a veno lulz

PS: im afk about 90% of the time im online 247 lulz catshop ftw
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i wish..
    i don't want to leave the guild i'm in right now
    but everyone's so preoccupied with leveling
    or in catshop
    it's like an inactive guild
    someone should make a guild specifically for rb's
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i wish..
    or in catshop

We're inactive? b:sad
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I need alone time >_>. People are swamping me for invites, faction members, friends and ex-squadies. I feel like a nerdy hugh hefner.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I can be one of your bunnies >:D
    edited July 2009
    0o....I need sleep, and less people. Besides I have a TW tomorrow, sell my Sakyamuni, get my TT80, upgrade my neglected skills, finish my damn time travel quest all while pissing off as few people as possible.

Also on topic, Outlaw usually supplies a lot of Gamma runners.

• Zelfine - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Back on topic from me aswell :o,
    I hear Gamma every 5 seconds in Regicide :P
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I did 2-3 runs a day for weeks on end during my time in Validus. I know Samthesmile and Haila also quarter-backed many runs in the same period of time.

The problem is, mothergoose, that the best gamma squads don't include a veno at all, let alone a 7x.

You can have your herc and your nix, fat kitties will always be MVP! b:victory

The sad truth is, you may have to actually go out and work for your exp until you are over 80 with all your gears refined and socketed. b:surrender
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
    edited July 2009
    You like this gamma thread trolling thing don't ya Lycan?

Veno's are useful for those damn headless horsemen(All mobs are skull marked in Rebirth so a veno gets high DPS against them). Also amping, purging bosses speeds things up a bit.

The best gamma squad is one where every member knows their roles, tries hard and gets on with other members. Set up is debatable but I'm a fan of 1 of each class(for bonus beans and a wider armoury of skills).

Levels matter to an extent, 78 is good. I've completed runs with teams including lv.73 veno's. The double wave's the main tricky part for lower levels but you can always hand off aggro to other members if your afraid of dying then resume your part once your safe again. I would recommend high quality gear(HP+ adds and gems are always good, LA armour if you plan on participating in the final boss fight otherwise arcane/Vit is fine).

I'll add some more, not sure if some of them are still eligible for runs,

RisingDragon(Nefarious)
    XillTher (Enelysion)
    Sarunya (Enelysion)
    Wyborn (Recluse)
    ARobinson (Recluse)
    Rockemsockem (Dignity)
    ExiledDevil (Nefarious)

there's others but can't remember the names.

• Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i wish..
    or in catshop

i lvl slowwww xD, im preoccupied finding my TT80 set, but, if you want gamma, you should get 1 or 2 lvls more and everyone will start accepting you.

on topic: well, in my faction i see lots of ppl wanting to do gamma, but if you want to do it really, you got to be lucky, or form the team and have iniciative
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I did 2-3 runs a day for weeks on end during my time in Validus. I know Samthesmile and Haila also quarter-backed many runs in the same period of time.
    Haila still does.... lol

I hate it it's so annoying: finding clerics/venos for rb is no problem, so everyone is always looking for either barbs or wizes :(
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Everyone likes to use high lvls and eq to mask their lack of skill in playing the game; hence why few will rebirth with you until you are 8X+.

I've heard of a group that went with a lvl 71 veno, who gained 110% xp from a completion on the firt try.

My lvl 70 BM alt went through with a traditional squad and lost at the double wave when the wizard took too much aggro and died, defaulting to cleric taking the aggro. Up until then, it was pretty much a cake walk. Only half were 80+, and only one was 85.

After that I got Myriad and at lvl 70 went through with non-traditional having no barb and 2 BMs. We made it to stage 7 before it fell.

Now here is the main problems that cropped up, and why rebirth is killing skill.

People don't think. They do what they have been told/read on how to do rebirth. There is little independent thought at all. Even with the non-traditional group, people acted like it was stupid to question which auras to get in what order. They automatically went with what they had done, without realizing the changes in dynamic. No health buff, less health on main tank, means priority can easily switch. Common sense.

With 2 BMs, both having Heaven's Flame, we had much more DPS than a traditional party. Could easily do 59 skill on recharge, especially when I ignored the archer and got chi aura as first one. This allowed for easier aggro holding, and 59 spam from BMs. With lvl 2 aura, was able to spam 2 59s every 30 secs when played correctly. So Myriad for defense, and heaven's for offense. Such all-encompassing offense and defense ends up being better than having a barb in with frighten AND their health buff for survivability. Unfortunately instead of complete damage lockdown, I ended up being the only one to switch around. And it was during the lull in between my Myriads that the lead BMs death would occur. With 2 using it, it would never have stopped.

Also since the higher level BM was told to tank, they made the mistake of thinking they should be the SOLE tank. I got fussed at every time I would grab some aggros to tank to spread the damage, so eventually stopped. The main BM died a few times early, and I would keep the buggers occupied and debuffed until they got back.

Also, when you clear a wave and have 20+ secs of sitting around, that means the BMs should focus on damage reduction more than damage amping. Finding a pace between the two is nice, but increasing risk for no actual reward other than ego is not a smart compromise. And on double wave, Myriad is a must. Even level 1 is enough to have a major effect on survivability.

In short, you don't need lvl 80+ unless you are truly that bad. Heck, I'd rather group with lvl 7Xs, get them used to thinking on their feet, and having an enjoyable time than dumbing through with all 85s. Because then we could jump straight into Delta and have an easier time, instead of waiting for the rest of the team to find a guide to tell them what to do.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Everyone likes to use high lvls and eq to mask their lack of skill in playing the game; hence why few will rebirth with you until you are 8X+.

Umm... no, I imagine it's more so people that have done dozens and dozens of runs, trained dozens and dozens of friends, and just want a smooth, hassle free run while farming gamma. Guess that's too much to ask.
    Now here is the main problems that cropped up, and why rebirth is killing skill.

People don't think. They do what they have been told/read on how to do rebirth. There is little independent thought at all. Even with the non-traditional group, people acted like it was stupid to question which auras to get in what order. They automatically went with what they had done, without realizing the changes in dynamic. No health buff, less health on main tank, means priority can easily switch. Common sense.

Rebirth is not a skill-based activity. It is a method, and you develop that method by first doing research (read a guide - at least lay your own groundwork) and gaining experience (running with experienced people and listening to their advice). Sure, there's more than one way to skin a cat, but sadly one will undoubtedly be more efficient than the rest. Again, I'm sorry to say there IS no thinking involved - there's a good way and there's a best way.
    With 2 BMs, both having Heaven's Flame, we had much more DPS than a traditional party. Could easily do 59 skill on recharge, especially when I ignored the archer and got chi aura as first one. This allowed for easier aggro holding, and 59 spam from BMs. With lvl 2 aura, was able to spam 2 59s every 30 secs when played correctly. So Myriad for defense, and heaven's for offense. Such all-encompassing offense and defense ends up being better than having a barb in with frighten AND their health buff for survivability. Unfortunately instead of complete damage lockdown, I ended up being the only one to switch around. And it was during the lull in between my Myriads that the lead BMs death would occur. With 2 using it, it would never have stopped.

Also since the higher level BM was told to tank, they made the mistake of thinking they should be the SOLE tank. I got fussed at every time I would grab some aggros to tank to spread the damage, so eventually stopped. The main BM died a few times early, and I would keep the buggers occupied and debuffed until they got back.

Also, when you clear a wave and have 20+ secs of sitting around, that means the BMs should focus on damage reduction more than damage amping. Finding a pace between the two is nice, but increasing risk for no actual reward other than ego is not a smart compromise. And on double wave, Myriad is a must. Even level 1 is enough to have a major effect on survivability.

I find it admirable that you've actually put so much thought into this, but again the micro-management here is just not necessary. This entire strategy is flawed from the get go - wtf no Barb? That's just nuts. If you have 2 AoE (axe) BM's, 2 archers, a barb and a cleric, you will sail. Every wave, mobs gather naturally, both BM's pop Heaven's Flame+begin spamming AoE's, Barb pops Sunder+Roar, wow the wave is completely nuked, clean up the stragglers. Try it, you won't be disappointed.
    In short, you don't need lvl 80+ unless you are truly that bad. Heck, I'd rather group with lvl 7Xs, get them used to thinking on their feet, and having an enjoyable time than dumbing through with all 85s. Because then we could jump straight into Delta and have an easier time, instead of waiting for the rest of the team to find a guide to tell them what to do.

Now this... this is simply ignorant. You don't need 80+ unless you are truly that GOOD. And by good I mean experienced+geared. There is no skill involved in gamma, its a sit-down/shut-up/know your role kind of exercise. It's not fun, it's not dynamic, it's boring and dull. The only enjoyment I ever got out of it was going in with my friends and joking around in chat while we worked.

Once again, the resistance I eventually developed against taking random, low-lvl, inexperienced people was because I was simply tired of holding people's hand. One can only answer the question "HOW DO I SHOT WEB?" so many times before it gets grating. Oh, and good luck jumping into Delta with your squad of lvl 86 gamma vets.

In closing, if it seems like I'm trolling gamma threads, well, I am. There's so much misinformation and utter BS someone should say something about it.

• Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    79-86 should take less then a week using gamma unless u wanna stay 85 and farm immacs and stuff oO
  • ArcAzrael - Sanctuary
    ArcAzrael - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    WOOHOO! LA wizzies are so extinct you guys have to spend hours just to get one ..and wont even complete the run,lol :D
    b:victoryPOWER TO DAH WIZZIES!

Well anyway.. as Validus' RB Gamma Officer(no choice since im leaving this character at lvl85 for another month lol, n d only LA wiz here atm)
    i admit that its really hard for us to assemble RB squads everyday in our faction since we are low in clerics/archers that do gamma runs(b:surrendern im d only wizzy here)

I say...ya'll make another alt character, preferably Archers to do RB gamma w/ d new people!b:victory lol

LA lvl85 wiz here w/ 3.7k HP unbuffed for RB gammab:pleased ...w/30k left on my hp charm and...2k coins left in my char lol.
    edited July 2009
    Seeing all those WC's for squads looking for wizards kind of makes it worth the struggle to level from 1-60, and grinding 60-70b:pleased

But I can't wait to be 86 and clear of the whole thing.

Wizes kick **** >:D

• ArcAzrael - Sanctuary
    ArcAzrael - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009

But I can't wait to be 86 and clear of the whole thing.

Wizes kick **** >:D

b:cry dont leave me...stay 85 for another month w/ meb:surrender
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:cry dont leave me...stay 85 for another month w/ meb:surrender

I second that b:cry
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2009

The problem is, mothergoose, that the best gamma squads don't include a veno at all, let alone a 7x.

You can have your herc and your nix, fat kitties will always be MVP! b:victory

The sad truth is, you may have to actually go out and work for your exp until you are over 80 with all your gears refined and socketed. b:surrender

Best squads are rainbow squads. And yeah I did a s***load of gammas together with Samthesmile and we always had a veno and not a squad consisting of 2 bms/without veno.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Best squads are rainbow squads

Yea... Kinda like pole BMs? I remember one trying to convince me Glacial Spike was better than Heaven's Flame in gamma too.

Ahem. b:chuckleb:victory

• Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yea... Kinda like pole BMs? I remember one trying to convince me Glacial Spike was better than Heaven's Flame in gamma too.

Ahem. b:chuckleb:victory

Oh, I thought it's not a skill-based activity. But yeah, without all the hassling micro-management its possible to do 2-3 runs a day for weeks (or even more?). Ppl can become really tired of holding people's hand nowadays b:chuckle