Freeze, Stun, Win

Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
today i was in west arch. met up with my BM friend. We dueled for a bit trying to see who is better always ended up being even. But we started a small trend as we had a bunch of people (and lag) coming to duel. There was another BM who came and we had a duel. My genie was out of chi so i had to duel the hard way and i lost. The second try i decided to use something new. Hailstorm > blink > MS > gush > pitfall and i was surprised at how perfect it went basically i sort of stunned lock. So then i though should i go demon? Are those stuns really worth it. I would like demon wizards to share their experience or people who had past demon wizards w/e
Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
Post edited by Mizuoni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Chili - Dreamweaver
    Chili - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the only reliable stun wizzies have is MS ,so if you base your strategy on freezes/stuns then good luck.
    might work but most of the time it won't. in the time you cast pitfall or hailstorm you could have casted a higher dmg skill and the small chances for a stun or freeze are just not worth the lesser damage imo, even in demon version, but well just guessing here since i don't have demon emberstorm, pitfall and hailstorm, which are hard to get in current version anyway btw.
    just leave stunlock to the bms and try kiting with blink and dropping in air, that's what is working for me at least most of the time with melee classes.
    when i use demon rock fall i also don't hope for a stun, i see it as a bonus and try to work with it once it triggers.
    you had very much luck in your duel there and an unexperienced duel partner i guess. or how could you be able to cast MS just after just hailstorm and blink? :o i can read the newspaper while casting MS b:surrender

bottom line: low dmg skills with unreliable stun or freeze, nothing i would use.
    b:quiet
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    well i ran back at the begining so i wouldnt be stunned instantly. and she used her sprint thingy and i hailstorm she was frozen blink away and started MS. Halfway through she was unfrozen and had to run when she got close to me she MS hit her she was stunned and a gush and pitfall which ended up being another freeze. on of my guildies were like a wizard beat a BM omg O.o
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Blademasters are the easiest class to beat in duels imo.
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    whats ms? a skill?
    i like pie
  • Pel - Lost City
    Pel - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ms is mountain seize, our earth ultimate...2 sparks, bunch of dmg, and a chance to stun
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Got the demon stone rain.. The stun isn't reliable enough to use as a stunner. When it hits the stun shows up before the stone flys from the sky allowing you to take advantage of the stun but it takes fast reflexes.

I do love the stun but from experience it's more of a bonus when it happens then something you can count on.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    stun locks are annoying and i didnt have stamina on my genie to get out of it -.-

but my friend said that if im going demon just for stun dont do it.
    After some thinking i wouldnt like going demon since i am playing all the way to lvl 105 b:victory and sooner or later have most of the books. I rather be a sage.

Thanks everyones b:thanks
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    stun locks are annoying and i didnt have stamina on my genie to get out of it -.-

but my friend said that if im going demon just for stun dont do it.
    After some thinking i wouldnt like going demon since i am playing all the way to lvl 105 b:victory and sooner or later have most of the books. I rather be a sage.

Thanks everyones b:thanks

I think the main reason to go demon is the demon spark + the faster channeling on pyro + more damage on gush... the combo (undine) demon spark-gush pyo gush etc is so deadly you can't imagine, and you don't have to be lvl 99 like sage dragon (90-99 sounds like a very long way). If you only look at the first 3 skills, demon wins imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think the main reason to go demon is the demon spark + the faster channeling on pyro + more damage on gush... the combo (undine) demon spark-gush pyo gush etc is so deadly you can't imagine, and you don't have to be lvl 99 like sage dragon (90-99 sounds like a very long way). If you only look at the first 3 skills, demon wins imo.

deamon shields are also MUCH BETTER
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    deamon shields are also MUCH BETTER

OK OK I GET IT >.<

now im confused again >.<
    no cookie for you two
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Demon is more of a world pvp/single target killer while Sage is geared towards ultis and AoE and TW. Just comparing the 2 @ 99, sage just raaapes demon in terms of ultis. And I don't know if you've ever thrown down a maxed ulti, but it **** some serious face. Black ice dragon strike was enough for me to go sage... not to mention the extra chi from pyro, the chi skill, the chance to reduce BT to 1 spark etc.

I'm an ulti **** though... and a lot of the demon versions of 1v1 skills like Sandstorm Glacial Snare Pyro and Gush are quite a bit better.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    ya the chi and the aoes are what got me for sage. A lot of my guildie wizards are going demon. Idk why.

But sage is just so appealing to me. The demon stuns and -channeling makes me turn my head but just everything about sage pulls me closer towards it each time i doubt.

Thanks Amour
    cookie for you
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm still torn between the two, I love the chi bonus from sage(half cost shrink, pyro chance, chi skill, the ultimates!). On the other hand, Demon gets damage boosts, channelling, crits and useful shield effects.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    grats on 80 witch
    ya i have the same exact problem but when something goes wrong cause i didnt have chi i want to go sage even more
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sage been planning on it since the getgo. Sage>Demon in the long run imo...that is until the expansion muwhahaha
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    demon has better control skills(much better)

ie:

demon emberstorm
    demon hailstorm
    demon pitfall
    demon stonerain
    demon force of will
    demon mountain seize

stuns, lower cooldowns, and freezes. all vital to mages.

sage control skills:

sage dragon breath

demon wins overall at controlling, and killing. sage just kinda spams ultimates and hopes for a 1 hit?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Sage been planning on it since the getgo. Sage>Demon in the long run imo...that is until the expansion muwhahaha

what expansion O.o
    demon has better control skills(much better)

ie:

demon emberstorm
    demon hailstorm
    demon pitfall
    demon stonerain
    demon force of will
    demon mountain seize

stuns, lower cooldowns, and freezes. all vital to mages.

sage control skills:

sage dragon breath

demon wins overall at controlling, and killing. sage just kinda spams ultimates and hopes for a 1 hit?

who wouldnt want to spam ultimates b:victory
    i mean the ability to constantly use 2 spark skills is like **** O.o
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited July 2009

Hope for a one hit?
    Apparently you've never seen a level 11 ulti used.
    Dragon has a 50% chance to boost your crit by 30%...
    Average lvl 99 mage will have 10% crit...

So, if it procs, the dragon has a 40% chance to crit along with all of your spells for the next 10 seconds. Then you can proceed to drop another ulti.

Have you ever been crit by blade tempest?
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    u sir had a dumb **** bm dueling u.Though im a wizie myself and i have a bm account ..i would know what to look for lol

oh and go

DEMON DEMON DEMON..sages are for wimps.

?????
    the BM couldnt do anything so how were they dumb?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Have you ever been crit by blade tempest?

yes

relevance? i didn't die
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yes

relevance? i didn't die

b:shockedb:shocked......................
    Quit.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    is that possible O.o
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    is that possible O.o

with a BT < lvl 8 and full buffed, maybe.
    vit built cleric can withstand some serious dmg, BT is not always the solution.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Say hello to a fail wizard then. My tempest hits robes/LA no less than 4.5k and there are veryy few eps on lost city who can withstand a 9k crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    but amour we arent 9x wizzies b:surrender

but thats awesome though. Funny people say BT gets useless in the 80s
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    but amour we arent 9x wizzies b:surrender

but thats awesome though. Funny people say BT gets useless in the 80s

Who says that where? Kick them in the face, they are dumb, It's our main phys dmg (only if you're not dumb).

P.S. Next Expansion in the fall what will in bring for the OP
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    What Is The Expansion
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    One thing im still not sure ! BT deals both phy and magical, so the damage written in the skill description alr consist of both combined or individual.

For e.g if skill says 'BT deals 3400 damage and 250% of weapon',

Issit 3400(phy) + 3400 (Mag) + (250% of weapon) = total damage?

or 1700(Phy) + 1700(Mag) + ...................... = total damage?

And i still dunno if i wanna be sage or demon. Sage works well in TW, demon makes me feel awesome when i wanna 1 v 1. b:laugh
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    What Is The Expansion

Shhh it's a secret to everyone
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    PM me it on the forums now b:beg