Better PVP server to start on?

EntityZero - Sanctuary
EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Im going to start playing a pvp server some. Coming from playing Lineage 2, I like pvp and my current server is PVE so I cant really do that much.. but which server is better to start on? Harshlands or Lost City? Which has the better economy right now? Im going to guess Lost City since its been around longer but I want a general opinion. Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by EntityZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is the self-proclaimed Carebear PvP Server b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is the self-proclaimed Carebear PvP Server b:surrender

LC for teh win b:infuriatedb:infuriatedb:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    LC for teh win b:infuriatedb:infuriatedb:infuriated

b:bye Fed

To the OP --> we have too much fun sometimes...I would say though just be prepared to level fast. Levels 30-34 can be hard on some with getting pk'd, however the Swamps are/were a nightmare when I was there.

But come stop in!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lost City is older, yes, and has more of the mounts and such that were in Limited Release last year - Harshlands doesn't have some because they were released before Harshlands opened.

Some points to consider:

You get a little more gold for your coin on Lost City. But if you skip the AH and just buy the CS items from other players, the cost coin->item is about the same on Harshlands.

Lost City has a lot of players, mostly highlevel. The territory map is basically one color, with the land ruled mostly by one guild that no one has been able to topple. Nixes abound making PVP doomhell on other players.

Harshlands has active players spred through the various levels - there will always be someone to take as an enemy or ally no matter what level you are. But there's still room to breathe, and the Territory map has lots of colors. Two guilds hold large amounts of land, but there are about 8 more that hold single or multiple territories, too. There was a bit of an upset just last week against one of the main guilds. And it was by the smaller players ;) There are Nixes here too but it's the other classes you have to watch out for more - most of the nixes are white or blue names.

Come to Harshlands. We have chaotic fun and PvP teaparties :)
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Well I am considering Harshlands. Just not sure what class im playing yet. Dont wanna do another archer since I already have one on Sanctuary. Thinking maybe barb :P love tanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    b:bye Fed

Hai Rose b:bye

OP, prepare yourself for much WC spammage, QQing, QQing about QQing, QQ accusations, and even more WC spamming b:dirty

Oh and make sure not to start Pking until you are good and ready ^^, lest you turn red and immediately get swarmed by about seven-hundred thousand high-levels and brutally **** seven-hundred thousand times, leaving you with nothing but your tattered dignity.

I'M NOT SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE!!!
    b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I almost forgot, be prepared to t-bag when necessary b:bye

tbag.png

*sigh*....I love lost city...b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EntityZero - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009

OP, prepare yourself for much WC spammage, QQing, QQing about QQing, QQ accusations, and even more WC spamming b:dirty

Oh and make sure not to start Pking until you are good and ready ^^, lest you turn red and immediately get swarmed by about seven-hundred thousand high-levels and brutally **** seven-hundred thousand times, leaving you with nothing but your tattered dignity.

I'M NOT SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE!!!
    b:infuriated

I come from a game where lvl 80s can freely PK players who are lvl 1.. trust me im prepared :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I come from a game where lvl 80s can freely PK players who are lvl 1.. trust me im prepared :P

Good! We'd love to have you b:pleased
    Join Lost City PLOCKS b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Lost City has a lot of players, mostly highlevel. The territory map is basically one color, with the land ruled mostly by one guild that no one has been able to topple. Nixes abound making PVP doomhell on other players.

Change is beginning to happen (in my humble opinion)...it is only a matter of time.

Eh.....my badb:surrender....but I LOVE WC b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Garmr - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Well I am considering Harshlands. Just not sure what class im playing yet. Dont wanna do another archer since I already have one on Sanctuary. Thinking maybe barb :P love tanks

Barbs are in short supply on Harshlands, so new ones will be quite welcome. There are some at the higher levels, lots at the beginner levels, and not too many in between. Same goes for Blademasters, there might be even fewer of those, and there are very very few Wizards anywhere. You almost never see one while questing.

There are a lot of Venomancers everywhere, though, and a good balance of Archers and Clerics. You'll probably see Venomancers and Archers the most.

Comes down to how you want to play. Barb is great for solo, and equipment repairs and mana parts aren't too hard to fund - I've managed to get some savings up but tanked about 75k on skills at level 29. But that's a problem for any class, I'm just keeping better track of what I'm spending on my barb since I'm trying to save up for things right now. I make pretty decent coin from mob drops though. Better than I was doing on my Wizard, actually.

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

• FedTehNoob - Lost City
    edited July 2009

No worries. We are all guilty of spamming WC every now and then b:victory

You might even say it's a guilty pleasure b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    No worries. We are all guilty of spamming WC every now and then b:victory

You might even say it's a guilty pleasure b:shutup

b:thanks dfgsdf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:chuckle Sarcasm noted b:chuckle but that was funny!

I'M NOT SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE!!!b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Go LC
    Harshlands is SO empty...compared
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Miabi - Lost City
    Miabi - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Reddie? talking on world chat most of the time when she's online? never heard of b:chuckle

Also, nix everywhere? Never heard of too b:beatup (and they need to add bear smilies in the game)
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Go LC
    Harshlands is SO empty...compared

Go Harshlands. Comparatively, LC is so crowded it's stifling. b:victory

HL isn't as dead as people have been complaining, honestly. Most of it is coming from the 9x's and when there are only about a dozen of those then yes... it's not crowded up that high. But down in the reasonably reachable levels, there's plenty of people to interract with. And you can still have a little personal space.

On Harshlands, you'll find other people grinding on the same mobs as you with just enough room that you don't usually have to fight for them. Though, lately the 1-3x areas have been coming close to having to fight for mobs. I imagine that's far more common on LC.

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Reddie? talking on world chat most of the time when she's online? never heard of b:chuckle

Also, nix everywhere? Never heard of too b:beatup (and they need to add bear smilies in the game)

b:surrender

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Change is beginning to happen (in my humble opinion)...it is only a matter of time.

Obama joined Spectral? b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Obama joined Spectral? b:chuckle

Maybe b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]