Full Attack Cleric Help

Cynthiaelf - Lost City
Cynthiaelf - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
Hello, I've been building a full attack cleric for some time now. I keep STR just high enough to use my armor and weapons, and focus the rest on magic.

I have mostly self buffs, and have blessing of the pure hearted LV. 1 as my primary self healing skill, which works fine since I have low HP naturally as a full attack cleric.

My question is, as I'm approaching my 30s and up what skills should I be investing in?
Post edited by Cynthiaelf - Lost City on

Comments

• Mechanism - Lost City
    Mechanism - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So in other words you're full mag? Do you know if that is better or worse compared to LA or vit builds?
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    So in other words you're full mag? Do you know if that is better or worse compared to LA or vit builds?

Well, I can't say it's better or worse. It's all what you're good at working with. I am better at working with killing things before they reach me.

I will say it's a VERY hard build to work with when you're low level. It's extremely difficult to not die unless you have people to protect you, and you're quick about flying out of tag team situations. Once you get higher level though it's MUCH easier, and you can focus on killing magic using enemies who do almost no damage. You can drop mages pretty easy, and most melee enemies, but Venomancers and archers will give you trouble.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PLEASE Get IronHeart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cast time with Blessing of the Purehearted will get you killed. It really is only useful for a full heal when done fighting. Even Wellspring is ten times better then Purehearted.

Skills: (minimum)

Plume Shot
    Cyclone
    Iron Heart
    Wellspring
    Buffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I have no experience whatsoever with the cleric, so I don't know what I perfer or not. I'd like a build that can kill someone but I'm not really a supporter or a group kinda person. So I guess I'd like somthing I can solo with as well as kill things fast and with ease. And I'm not too worried about having trouble with other classes, a challenge is what makes things fun, I just want to know before I start leveling what I should be doing, rather than the whole trial and error thing (I give up easily if I see things not working too great, but I'll stick with it if I know it's promissing)

I'm thinking I'll probably do a type of vit build for the extra HP and survivability then later I'll shard for phys. def, but I'm not even sure if that will be effective because clerics have crappy def to begin with, so will sharding even do much?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have no experience whatsoever with the cleric, so I don't know what I perfer or not. I'd like a build that can kill someone but I'm not really a supporter or a group kinda person. So I guess I'd like somthing I can solo with as well as kill things fast and with ease. And I'm not too worried about having trouble with other classes, a challenge is what makes things fun, I just want to know before I start leveling what I should be doing, rather than the whole trial and error thing (I give up easily if I see things not working too great, but I'll stick with it if I know it's promissing)

I'm thinking I'll probably do a type of vit build for the extra HP and survivability then later I'll shard for phys. def, but I'm not even sure if that will be effective because clerics have crappy def to begin with, so will sharding even do much?

If you want solo and easy grinding --> Venomancer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009

Then you're looking for the full attack cleric.

Ignore what everyone tells you, because the ONLY build that truly works with the full attack cleric is pure MAG. Focus on using light robes, and keep VIT and Dex at their defaults. The objective of a full attack cleric is to deal as much damage as possible. The more stats you give to STR, DEX, or VIT that you don't need you lower your damage potential which defeats the purpose of being an attack cleric as the small defense or HP increase is not worth sacrificing attack power.

It's a very controversial build, as most say it "throws out the purpose of the cleric", but the truth is that it's a difficult build to work with, but can be one of the most powerful if done correctly.
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009

Ignore what everyone tells you, because the ONLY build that truly works with the full attack cleric is pure MAG. Focus on using light robes, and keep VIT and Dex at their defaults. The objective of a full attack cleric is to deal as much damage as possible. The more stats you give to STR, DEX, or VIT that you don't need you lower your damage potential which defeats the purpose of being an attack cleric as the small defense or HP increase is not worth sacrificing attack power.

It's a very controversial build, as most say it "throws out the purpose of the cleric", but the truth is that it's a difficult build to work with, but can be one of the most powerful if done correctly.

The thing I'm thinking of about pure mag is that with it you have both low phys. def and low hp. With a vit build theres at least more HP and not much less attack (or is there?) and from a vit build you can phys. def shard from there. Like..you have some more hp with the vit build and now you can put phys. def shards in all of your gear instead of needing to shard with both phys. and HP shards..I'd rather it be straightforward, where I can have HP from my vit build and have phys. def from my gear instead of having to shard with both HP and phys. def shards. Umm..I really don't know what I'm talking about though b:chuckle, just what I've read on a few posts.

Then again it makes sense that with full mag you have stronger hits..
    If you want solo and easy grinding --> Venomancer

I don't really want to be a veno. Aside from the fact that they are the easiest class and can just sit back and watch their pet do the work, theyre boring as sin. I tried one till about lvl 8 and could not stand it. Also, theres the fact that you have to be a girl to be a venomancer, which really doesnt matter, but with all the horndogs on this game, I'd like not to get hit on everytime I'm standing around for too long. Thats the biggest fail of the veno, but I think I read that about 80% of veno's are guys anyways. Just not what I want to be.
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    The thing I'm thinking of about pure mag is that with it you have both low phys. def and low hp. With a vit build theres at least more HP and not much less attack (or is there?) and from a vit build you can phys. def shard from there. Like..you have some more hp with the vit build and now you can put phys. def shards in all of your gear instead of needing to shard with both phys. and HP shards..I'd rather it be straightforward, where I can have HP from my vit build and have phys. def from my gear instead of having to shard with both HP and phys. def shards. Umm..I really don't know what I'm talking about though b:chuckle, just what I've read on a few posts.

Then again it makes sense that with full mag you have stronger hits..

NO NO NO.

You may not notice a difference at lower levels like in your 30s because you are still capable of 97% of your potential damage, but by the time you're in your 80s or 90s you'll be doing close to 75-85% of your potential damage, and out of damage that is normally in the 5-10 thousand range, you'll be taking a big loss. You won't be able to kill mobs quickly, meaning they get more hits in on you, which completely defeats the purpose of that VIT. It's a waste of time, especially when you're at higher levels when MAG points are EXTREMELY crucial to your survival. A good skill to invest in is plume shell, as since you'll have high MP, you'll be virtually invincible.

Another thing to take note of is by the time you're level 90, you can go back and max out ALL your skills. Meaning you can choose to be a secondary support by then along with your high attack power. You'll rock PvP and be invaluable PvE. It's a tricky build to make.

Send me a message if you have more questions.
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Will do!
    I'll be on tonight and pretty much all of tommorow and all week haha, nothing else to do since having surgery on my foot b:shocked
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Will do!
    I'll be on tonight and pretty much all of tommorow and all week haha, nothing else to do since having surgery on my foot b:shocked

I'll be on later tonight. I am pretty limited game wise until I get my new laptop, as this computer is terrible. I should be getting my new laptop mid July if not sooner. You can PM me to get my MSN name or AIM. I'm more than happy to help someone else join the world of Full Attack Clerics.
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I'll be on later tonight. I am pretty limited game wise until I get my new laptop, as this computer is terrible. I should be getting my new laptop mid July if not sooner. You can PM me to get my MSN name or AIM. I'm more than happy to help someone else join the world of Full Attack Clerics.

kk, i'll be on aim tonight as well. will do b:victory
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    kk, i'll be on aim tonight as well. will do b:victory

I understand the difficulties of which build to make, and the pressure of other people. Keep in mind though that people who think the cleric by default was meant to support, and those who choose not to are selfish are ignorant. It is simply disappointing and sad that we're expected to take time out of our gaming experience to revive, heal and buff other players at their command, and treated as though we have no combat value aside from that. The idea that we're supposed to be 100% selfless and focus only on the benefits of others is far fetched, and selfish of those who concocted such a thought.

Healing is not helping, if that were the case, all other classes would be useless. Mages can heal too, but are not considered to be helpful or supportive.

A Cleric has a hidden potential that can only be harnessed through hard work and the right guidance. It is my hope with a little help you too can reap the rich rewards of your own power and bring swift death to your foes.
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I understand the difficulties of which build to make, and the pressure of other people. Keep in mind though that people who think the cleric by default was meant to support, and those who choose not to are selfish are ignorant. It is simply disappointing and sad that we're expected to take time out of our gaming experience to revive, heal and buff other players at their command, and treated as though we have no combat value aside from that. The idea that we're supposed to be 100% selfless and focus only on the benefits of others is far fetched, and selfish of those who concocted such a thought.

Healing is not helping, if that were the case, all other classes would be useless. Mages can heal too, but are not considered to be helpful or supportive.

A Cleric has a hidden potential that can only be harnessed through hard work and the right guidance. It is my hope with a little help you too can reap the rich rewards of your own power and bring swift death to your foes.

Im surely not a support kinda person. I plan to get ironheart and my buffs because the buffs are needed and ironheart is like the staple healing skill so for guildmates I could help out a bit, with good reason of course $$. I'm probably going to get lvl 1 res just so I can res friends or whatever, but there's no way I'm crossing the map to res or buff. Thats why I wanted to be FAC in the first place.
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Im surely not a support kinda person. I plan to get ironheart and my buffs because the buffs are needed and ironheart is like the staple healing skill so for guildmates I could help out a bit, with good reason of course $$. I'm probably going to get lvl 1 res just so I can res friends or whatever, but there's no way I'm crossing the map to res or buff. Thats why I wanted to be FAC in the first place.

Be warned, with Res, people will CONSTANTLY beg you to res them, making you want to rip out their entrails, and take back the skill. It's better to not even waste the SP on it, as you can not re distribute SP.
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Be warned, with Res, people will CONSTANTLY beg you to res them, making you want to rip out their entrails, and take back the skill. It's better to not even waste the SP on it, as you can not re distribute SP.

I can say no to people b:thanks It's a good skill to have. (The ability to say no, not the res)
  • Mechanism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    are you going on soon?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Do you have a higher lv cleric to back this up at all?
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009

You would be owned by a lvl 1 Barb or BM even a lvl 2 Archer.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I guess higher lvls wont asnwer this, since it has been discussed like FOREVER, and its always the same...
    I wont discuss it either, theres no point, youve made your mind already.

Be happy doing HH runs with +0 refine
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    NO NO NO.

You may not notice a difference at lower levels like in your 30s because you are still capable of 97% of your potential damage, but by the time you're in your 80s or 90s you'll be doing close to 75-85% of your potential damage, and out of damage that is normally in the 5-10 thousand range, you'll be taking a big loss. You won't be able to kill mobs quickly, meaning they get more hits in on you, which completely defeats the purpose of that VIT. It's a waste of time, especially when you're at higher levels when MAG points are EXTREMELY crucial to your survival. A good skill to invest in is plume shell, as since you'll have high MP, you'll be virtually invincible.

Another thing to take note of is by the time you're level 90, you can go back and max out ALL your skills. Meaning you can choose to be a secondary support by then along with your high attack power. You'll rock PvP and be invaluable PvE. It's a tricky build to make.

Send me a message if you have more questions.

Does someone read you the FAC cleric guide every night before bedtime? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    please, just do us all a favour and uninstall the game.
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2009

PLEASE stop telling beginners to try and do FAC. Its rediculous, thats not a starter build/"Idea" i suggest you go with Full Vit, LA, or even Full mag in the beginning but get more skills than just attacks skills. If you want to be FAC, then you should just go be a fricken mage. Nobody wants a cleric that dies quickly to be primary DD, everyone wants buffs and a good healer. Cleric = Healer, it just so happens that the Cleric does alot of dmg, but i say you even out your skills to please yourself and others. The only healing spell you need is ironheart blessing, i went through the past 50 levels with ONLY ironheart. Get all the buffs and upgrade them as u see fit, the only attack skills you need until lvl 44 is Plume Shot and Cyclone, so upgrade those two and dont upgrade others. No lvling Razor, Thunderball or Sirens Kiss until you literally have nothing left to upgrade.

another thing, your FAC, you need to have ironheart, it stacks so cast it multiple times on yourself, gah, if ur going to be FAC at least do it right..

Cyn your just dumb, the guy wants to go Vitality build because thats what almost every high levels use and is probably the best PvP build there is. I restated last night for Full Vit from LA and i am suprised i have more survivability even vs the phys dmg mobs. They arnt doing but about 60 more dmg a hit with Vit. If you want to go Vitality do it, dont be a NOOB Like cyn and think everything is about dmg because Cyn, when u get to 80 hit me up, well do 1v1 Fulll Vit vs FAC and i guarentee you 100% that i will win, not even a slight possible chance i will loose vs you
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think this is where we all b:surrender

They say experience is the best teacher. Perhaps the OP would like to revisit this thread during their 70s and see what, if anything, has changed in the way they approach the Cleric? Particular emphasis being paid to the value you put on Vitality in a Cleric's build during the middle stages of the game?

Peace,

EH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pro build for a cleric:

go pure int until you have 300 int. get 46 str. then just dump everything until 90 into vit.
    edited June 2009
    pro build for a cleric:

go pure int until you have 300 int. get 46 str. then just dump everything until 90 into vit.

b:infuriated b:beatenup b:bored
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    PLEASE stop telling beginners to try and do FAC. Its rediculous, thats not a starter build/"Idea" i suggest you go with Full Vit, LA, or even Full mag in the beginning but get more skills than just attacks skills. If you want to be FAC, then you should just go be a fricken mage. Nobody wants a cleric that dies quickly to be primary DD, everyone wants buffs and a good healer. Cleric = Healer, it just so happens that the Cleric does alot of dmg, but i say you even out your skills to please yourself and others. The only healing spell you need is ironheart blessing, i went through the past 50 levels with ONLY ironheart. Get all the buffs and upgrade them as u see fit, the only attack skills you need until lvl 44 is Plume Shot and Cyclone, so upgrade those two and dont upgrade others. No lvling Razor, Thunderball or Sirens Kiss until you literally have nothing left to upgrade.

another thing, your FAC, you need to have ironheart, it stacks so cast it multiple times on yourself, gah, if ur going to be FAC at least do it right..

Cyn your just dumb, the guy wants to go Vitality build because thats what almost every high levels use and is probably the best PvP build there is. I restated last night for Full Vit from LA and i am suprised i have more survivability even vs the phys dmg mobs. They arnt doing but about 60 more dmg a hit with Vit. If you want to go Vitality do it, dont be a NOOB Like cyn and think everything is about dmg because Cyn, when u get to 80 hit me up, well do 1v1 Fulll Vit vs FAC and i guarentee you 100% that i will win, not even a slight possible chance i will loose vs you

He said he wants to make a good PVP cleric. The Full Attack is possibly the BEST PVP cleric. I never said it was easy to make, in fact I believe I said it was one of the hardest builds to make.

I don't care what you say, as my build has served me well thus far, and will continue to do so. I have the right to my opinion on which is better.

Plus whoever gave you the idea that a cleric is meant to selflessly help and heal others is a complete moron. The point of the cleric is a healer yes, but that doesn't mean your have to be healing other people. Anyone who tells you that your purpose in the game is to help other players and heal and buff them has turned you into their slave, and you have adjusted to the role. While you're busy constantly reviving and healing, I'll be out killing those you're trying to revive.
  • Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary
    Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    He said he wants to make a good PVP cleric. The Full Attack is possibly the BEST PVP cleric. I never said it was easy to make, in fact I believe I said it was one of the hardest builds to make.

I don't care what you say, as my build has served me well thus far, and will continue to do so. I have the right to my opinion on which is better.

Plus whoever gave you the idea that a cleric is meant to selflessly help and heal others is a complete moron. The point of the cleric is a healer yes, but that doesn't mean your have to be healing other people. Anyone who tells you that your purpose in the game is to help other players and heal and buff them has turned you into their slave, and you have adjusted to the role. While you're busy constantly reviving and healing, I'll be out killing those you're trying to revive.

You should change your name to ImaOneShot
    edited June 2009

Wow i have a complete noob tryna tell me how a cleric works. Look Cyn, adding to what syl said, your a 1 shot.

I am also positive your build isnt the BEST PvP build LOL. FAC FuLL Mag clerics are possibly the worst yet on survivability. Okay fine you will do lots of dmg, but in the whole PvP aspect of it, it doesnt matter if u do 1000 more dmg than me, if my heals and HP are good enuf to tank it, then your "Idea" is a waste. Your better off making a claw/fist barbarian b:chuckle

Another thing, every class in the game can deal some sort of physical dmg, added to the fact that you have no healing skills leveled up AND no buffs (guess u might get buffs from other player) you also have practically zero HP.

The whole FAC Full Mag Cleric idea is dumb. Your trying to make a Cleric into a wizard, when your obviously meant to do other things than just DPS. Nobody wants a FAC cleric in their party that has no healing or buffs and no survivability. With all that Dmg it doesnt matter because you wont live long enough to dish it out. I suggest you re-roll a wiz. Not downing your whole "Idea" but in TW especially, you will be completely useless unless you manage to hide behind a tree and nobody see's you lol. You will get 1 shotted by archers very easy. Im just trying to open your eyes up more. Why be FAC from lvl 1, you will be needed for some FB's down the road and TT and so on and so forth. I definitely wouldnt want 2 clerics in my party to make up for the fact that you are FAC. I would kick you out and get a wiz instead. Im just rambling but you really need to restat for the sakes of making it a little easier on urself.
  • Cynthiaelf - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Wow i have a complete noob tryna tell me how a cleric works. Look Cyn, adding to what syl said, your a 1 shot.

I am also positive your build isnt the BEST PvP build LOL. FAC FuLL Mag clerics are possibly the worst yet on survivability. Okay fine you will do lots of dmg, but in the whole PvP aspect of it, it doesnt matter if u do 1000 more dmg than me, if my heals and HP are good enuf to tank it, then your "Idea" is a waste. Your better off making a claw/fist barbarian b:chuckle

Another thing, every class in the game can deal some sort of physical dmg, added to the fact that you have no healing skills leveled up AND no buffs (guess u might get buffs from other player) you also have practically zero HP.

The whole FAC Full Mag Cleric idea is dumb. Your trying to make a Cleric into a wizard, when your obviously meant to do other things than just DPS. Nobody wants a FAC cleric in their party that has no healing or buffs and no survivability. With all that Dmg it doesnt matter because you wont live long enough to dish it out. I suggest you re-roll a wiz. Not downing your whole "Idea" but in TW especially, you will be completely useless unless you manage to hide behind a tree and nobody see's you lol. You will get 1 shotted by archers very easy. Im just trying to open your eyes up more. Why be FAC from lvl 1, you will be needed for some FB's down the road and TT and so on and so forth. I definitely wouldnt want 2 clerics in my party to make up for the fact that you are FAC. I would kick you out and get a wiz instead. Im just rambling but you really need to restat for the sakes of making it a little easier on urself.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

No buffs? On the contrary. I max out my self buff ASAP, and by the time I'm in the 90s I can start maxing out the skills I left aside. In other words by the time I'm in my 90s I'll have all skills. This is a build that isn't meant for PvP until you're in the later levels.

Also you don't need to tell me to restat. It's MY character, and I should have the right to build it how I want. If you want to offer advice, that's fine, but don't tell me how I NEED to play. I told the person in this thread what to do because he asked how to make an attack cleric, and which in my opinion was a better build.

This is MY choice. Plus who said I WANTED it to be easier? Maybe I enjoy a bit of a challenge.

Plus I am "needed" for FBs? Since WHEN was it my responsibility to assist people? Being a cleric does NOT mean you're interested in helping people or assisting, it just means you want healing skills and buffs. I'm not NEEDED anywhere. I never said I WANTED to be part of squads and groups.

Using the full attack cleric is supposed to be challenging. Why start with an easier build when you're looking for a challenge?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009

You wont get in FBs TTs to be main DD, you will be called to heal.
    I generally love to DD, but where is the difference between you "FAC" and other clerics and lill ow me .

We heal and DD, we find time to do both we adapt, unlike cleric who gets in TT and wont heal cause he is a FAC
    b:dirty