omg how can u close my thread

VenusFox - Sanctuary
VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
the fact is in most retail situations if u buy something a certain amount of time before a sale u can bring ur receipt in and they store will give u a credit or the difference back in cash.. how do i know this bc i've done it on big ticket items like hmmm my laptop.. i bought it on a Wednesday and it went on sale that following Friday.. I brought my receipt to them and they gave me the difference in a credit on the credit card i made the original purchase on.. so idk where u live but here in New York USA that's the way it works.. they want ur business.. u cant tell me pwi doesnt want my weekly cash..

now was my original thread closed bc u dont want to see how many ppl have the same dumbo problem as me? i bet its a lot.......
Post edited by VenusFox - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ariysta
    ariysta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Making another thread will only cause yourself trouble. If you knew there was going to be a sale why didn't you double check the amount you was receiving. It clearly shows it on your purchase before you click the pay now button.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No one knew there was a sale. Even 24hr notice would be nice.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009

omg im boredb:surrender(we still goan troll when servers are up witch?)(to lazy to edit :P)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    i didnt know there was a sale.. or i would have waited.. i wanted to get my new wings b:sad and when i paid for the zhen it was like 9am eastern time which would make it 6am server time.. im sry doesnt make sense to me.. sales should start at the beginning of the day.. if it were a retail store the sale would start at open but bc PWI is open 24/7 there is no down time ( except on Tuesday night) and even when the new stuff comes out it starts when servers open back up on Wednesday not at like 7am server time.. sales should start at the beginning of the day.. 12:01
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Venus, again I understand your frustration however there's nothing we can do for your situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    inb4closed(or u gona leave it so we can be bored here?)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

thank you my point exactly.. i didnt know there was a sale until it was announced in game..
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Venus, again I understand your frustration however there's nothing we can do for your situation.

yes there is.. u can give me my bonus.. b:surrender i spend enough ( way too freaking much ty ) that i should be able to have it.. b:sad
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the fact is in most retail situations if u buy something a certain amount of time before a sale u can bring ur receipt in and they store will give u a credit or the difference back in cash...
    Sure, but that's totally a matter of discretion on the part of the seller.

People are so used to stores accepting returns or offering rebates or refunds that they assume it's a right of some kind. But in reality, once a sale is completed, then unless you had a pre-existing agreement about possible refunds or else it can be proven that the deal was somehow illegal to begin with, then the sale is final.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    People are so used to stores accepting returns or offering rebates or refunds that they assume it's a right of some kind. But in reality, once a sale is completed, then unless you had a pre-existing agreement about possible refunds or else it can be proven that the deal was somehow illegal to begin with, then the sale is final.

This. 10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    As far as I can recall pretty much every time there's been a zen bonus they've done it on a weekend. I would say going off of history, it would be best to wait to buy zen until the weekend for that very reason. We know that sales for new things in the cash shop tend to happen after maintenance on Tuesday (unless maint. happens some weird day for some reason, but Tuesday tends to be the case). So we know when the new items will be coming in. They will be there generally speaking for a week if they are limited. That gives you time to get it on the weekend.

So really, it just makes sense to get the zen on Saturday or Sunday. Unless you absolutely can't wait to get the new thing that's out. Then, there's really no point in complaining, it isn't like they're holding out on you. You get the zen you paid for, you just aren't getting extra zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I bought Zen Friday Morning I am not complaining maybe an annoucment on Zen sales might help.I would post it a week in advance.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    All sales are final unless otherwise reopened by the merchant. The whole 'refund the difference' thing is usually a store policy, not a law, and does not work everywhere.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    People who bought zen just before the announcement would still cry about missing their bonus.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so let them cry their crocodile tears, they dont get a bonus.
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is this the same venusfox of the "great" Nefarious? i heard she complains a lot. LOL. And she does have plenty of crocodile tears. Save your tears for ur heals "great" cleric.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sure, but that's totally a matter of discretion on the part of the seller.

Nuff said. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm with the GMs on this one. You don't see me complaining everytime there is a sell right after I bought gold. Happens everytime to me. I just kick myself for being impatient and move on.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Guess you should've checked your email first. >.>
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I guess the best solution is to wait for Saturday night to buy it when it is announced.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    While all sales are final, unless otherwise stated prior to the sale, it has become standard practice for most retailers in western civilisation to accept and refund returns.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee spam :D