Memory Leak Issue!

sirmarkus
sirmarkus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
Ever since genies came out I cannot do business in Archo, after 5 minutes I get disconnected from a memory leak. I run duo core with 2 gig ram. NEVER had problems before the genies came in. For the last 3 weeks there has been NO new patches or software updates. What is going on? I have sent dozens of bug reports and nothing has been said about this issue. Please stop catering to the money dumping players and fix this major bug. If your working on it GREAT! pls just let us know whats going on. Thank you :)
Post edited by sirmarkus on

Comments

• sirmarkus
    sirmarkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes, i did everything humanly possible. I reinstalled the game, I updated video cards, I even turned off all of my graphics and I still get disconnected. So if you have any new information please let us know. I know I am not the only one with this issue. Thanks.
  • xxskinnyx
    xxskinnyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have the same issue. ONLY in Arch, ONLY westside. All graphics/sounds/effects off, all extra windows closed. Info overload imo. Lag-o-saur.
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    west arch has always been lag city even before genies arrived (and I'm talking about even on PW MY several months ago) There's just so many people in there with their cat shops and what not. My take on this is that if the area causes you issues - avoid it as much as possible. I personally don't have too much issues there anymore after building my new machine with dual core processors and 2 gig ram + nvidia geforce 8400 gs video card. but even I have to turn off character display to avoid lag. as per memory leak - I have no clue what that is.
    I'm a man
  • Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The "memory leak" problem is caused by information about other players being stored in your memory not by catshops.

Every time a player enters your visual range information about them is added to your memory but it is not removed when they leave your area.

Eventually your memory or Virtual Memory will be filled with useless information and either an error will occur or your computer will **** out.

Obviously the more memory you have or the fewer people who come into your visual range, will increase the time before you will notice any problems.

Catshops are not causing this problem.
    The fact that catshops are placed where they will get the most customers means that they will get the highest number of people entering there visual range.

This problem has only started to occur since the introduction of genies.

If you set up a catshop you can slow down this problem by using the X (close) button at the top right of your window (if you are in window mode).

If you open your "Windows Task Manager" and select the "Processes" tab you can watch the "elementclient.exe" slowly use up your Virtual Memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i'm not getting kicked with memory leak in catshop in west arch, as long as i keep the game minimizad in the background while in catshop and with lowest settings. i do that with 8gb ram.
    btw i notice elementclient seems to have a cap of 1,75Gb ram usage? it bugs me at that usage and crashes, even tho i have 8gb to use.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The "memory leak" problem is caused by information about other players being stored in your memory not by catshops.

I wasn't saying that the catshops caused a memory leak - I was saying the catshops + massive amounts of players in the area = lag city. memory leak or not, you'll still have lag issues in west arch because of this.
    I'm a man
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Aside from lag on West Arch on Dreamweaver, I haven't hada ny issues for awhile.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The GMs have been well aware of this issue, and wish to deny its existence, rather then fix this.

They like to say its something with your system, or your unqiue build, and its not. This happens to me in 3 different version of windows, on PCs with 3 different CPU types, and 2 different video card manufacturers.

So they follow up and say we should change our behavior, and not run cat shops in arch. This is not actually a cat shop issue, just standing in west arch for a duration of time will cause this. But the "solution" in the GMs mind is ALWAYS something on our end, or the way we play the game.

Why can't they just fix this??? Its soooo infuriating...