Failed to uncompress zip data

Repth - Harshlands
Repth - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
First my problem was corrupt packets. For whatever reason, PWI just can't seem to care enough to OFFICIALLY release these packets and make them downloadable through the downloads page (Don't tell me that the direct download works, save your post and go play or something). So what I did was connect my friends laptop to my computer, which has PWI installed, and I pulled all my working files off of my computer through a lan. Well great, I had to get working files from my own damn computer so thanks PWI for nothing. I've searched on google and every single thread with the keywords in the title above and everything is either ignored or closed. I shouldn't have to search on Google or go to third-party websites. PWI should take the initiative and responsibility of creating more potential customers/players and make a specific page relating to these problems. Rarely is there an actual answer from a moderator that works. Thanks to PWI for that again.

Anyway, So I pulled all of the files of my computer onto his. The verify process confirmed that the packets were all good. Not corrupted or anything. So I start installation. 78% later; "failed to uncompress zip data"

Well that's great. I've tried numerous fixes I have found online on other websites and still no luck. A lot of users experience this problem and it is very unprofessional of Perfect World Entertainment to neglect this potential customer base. I am severely disappointed with the lack of fixes I have found on this website. Honestly, if I worked for PWI I would be pretty embarrassed.

This is more of a rant than a PWI hate thread. I love the game, don't get me wrong. I invite someone to prove me wrong, find a fix to this simple one error message problem (Oh so intimidating, probably going to close my thread huh?). Prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot, as long as my friend and I can play, I quite honestly don't care.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Repth - Harshlands on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.