More Tamable Pets

SuccubusGenX - Heavens Tear
SuccubusGenX - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I don't know if this has already been suggested or not, so I'm going to plunge right in and suggest it...lol.

I would like to see more tamable pets.
Mainly with what is already there, just make 'em tamable.
For example, the Feligars, spiders (definately spiders, those are creatures not monsters, people's personal fears aside - spiders are creatures you find in real life...doh!!..lol).
Also would like to be able to tame the Jumbys, sharks, dryads, Taurox Archons (I definately Definately want one of those...that'd fit in nice with my char's demonic look...lol).

I also think a special quest or something should be available where venos can get to tame the boss creatures (i.e. Dismal Shade, Ch'in, the world boss near Ch'in's area, and so on and so forth)...as they are bosses my suggetion is to make the restrictions higher :- with fb bosses a veno should have to be 10 lvls higher and have at least a lvl 5 tame skill (higher with higher bosses) and with WQ bosses perhaps 15 - 20 lvls higher and max tame skill. could even add other restrictions like needing a specific item to do it and do a specific quest.

I think this would add more diversity to the game and enable players that are aiming for a specific look to persue that (like me with my veno...she's supposed to be evil/demonic...lol).
I don't think the "no monsters/no humanoids" arguement is entirely valid since venos CAN tame both in game - the Minotuar looking creatures...that classifies as a mythical monster....and it's humanoid (2 arms and legs with hands and feet..or hooves in this case..lol).
There's also the Florafang Guard...those are definately humanoid.
And the Tuskmoore Dofts.

I know some people are gonna say "but venos are already over powered"...not so...most venos concerntrate too heavily on magic...meaning you get past the veno's pet and smack 'em with a physical and it's b:surrender to the veno...lol. seen it so many times.
I'm going balanced myself...lol.

However I got a second part to my suggestions above -
other classes could be granted one battle pet...but, here's the catch, only venos can tame 'em for the other classes...and venos should still be the only class to be able to have more than one battle pet.
This should create even greater diversity and some very interesting creations/scenarios.

Anyways, those are my suggestions about pets, I'd be interested to know what everyone (including PWI staff) think about these.

Edit :
I also think that tamable battle pets should retain the skills they had before they were tamed. Why do they forget those skills just because they were tamed?...they get hit with amnesia or something?...lol. It gives an unfair advantage to npc creatures of the same lvl as one's pet as the tamed pet always ends up with reduced skills compared to the original and as such it doesn't "feel" like you've tamed that particular creature but been given a weaker clone of it. This wouldn't necissarily detract players from changing pet skills or adding new ones to their pet, there's always something that can be changed or made better on any pet even if they kept their original skills.