Grinding for lvl 42?

Options
Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary
Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Air and water mobs I hear are the best things to grind on, any good ones around lvl 45 that I could take on?
"damage over time skills are near useless.. the only reason I use any of them is against bosses because the animations for them look pretty good." -Keroman
Post edited by Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary on

Comments

• f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    grind with taurox round twilight temple, they are lvl 47-49, just kill all. if u can get a slingshot it is best for grinding, if u have the coins: buy the sinister shooter
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:sweat Dont go for taurox, they are not worth that pots you will waste on them at that lvl. Even if you get 3* or SS they still will manage to hit you a lot. Try Vipions above swiftwind or do some one men army. You can also keep farming mats from plansharks, which is still better idea than those nasty taurox.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think that when i was level 42 i was grinding in this spot : there is a crevasse between Fb39 cave and onwards to Broken Bridge Village. I was doing the Feligars, some Jackleopardites (they drop leather) and Wolves in there (wolves had a pretty decent xp). Drops are... average, but the good part is you have a Manganese Mine nearby a Rubstone one and a Coal one. So it was pretty cool that i could get XP (tho average) decent DQs and farm for mats meanwhile. Maybe it will help you too. I had no better ideas back then so...this is what i have to say for now !

Cheers mate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think I grinded on the Pterodactyls over Shattered Jade Shore around the level :P
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • Soul_Storm - Harshlands
    Soul_Storm - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I grind those giant trees because they are wood, we are theire weakness, metal, so we kill them fast, besides they are very slow and u only need a stunning arrow or a knockbat arrow and u DONT get 1 single hit. Im lvl 42 and i win 215 exp with each.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:sweat Dont go for taurox, they are not worth that pots you will waste on them at that lvl.

You can kite them and avoid using potions but fighting them would be slow.

But if you want exps, Zelfine's advice sounds good.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No way... Who grinds wit taurox LOL let me know if u get money xD
    At 45 u could try foxwing or the pink
    Winged shell> stunt arrow > normal maybe knockbak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    But if you want exps, Zelfine's advice sounds good.

Hell yeah, Lofty Pterosaurs are excellent... but they are level 40. Since he was asking about mobs for level 42, and he is now already 43 (3-4 levels above mob - -10% xp), I didn't feel the need to point those out !

Some sharks can be taken into consideration too (water mobs have nice xp too) as they drop usually a good deal of leather.
    Here is this link too, maybe you can see and choose on you own after all :
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/lvl/40-49
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary
    Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ok, thanks guys I will be sure to use this information and spread it to other people :)
    "damage over time skills are near useless.. the only reason I use any of them is against bosses because the animations for them look pretty good." -Keroman
  • Ijelle - Sanctuary
    Ijelle - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Air and water mobs I hear are the best things to grind on, any good ones around lvl 45 that I could take on?

Personally I grind on Vipions. They're easy as heck, and you can even one-shot them on occasion (Pure DEX build, anyway). That's what I'm grinding now...I make 100k easy grinding on them, as well as 250-350ish EXP per kill. Its pretty dark great, and the only nuisance with them really is aggro if you aren't careful, and their MP Draining move if you can't avoid it/interrupt it.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I was wondering why people say to grind on Wood mobs?

I grind on Metal mobs because of the ~33% damage increase from Blazing Arrow on Metal (fire-weak) mobs. I guess I do this because I dont use Thunder Shock and I stopped using Lightning Strike while grinding.

How much does a Sinister Shooter cost I could not find one at Auction House but maybe I am not looking at the right tab?
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    SS, when I was lvl42 it was a bit less that 1m, but thats my server.
    Its also a fact that you can find one for 600k if you are real lucky.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    How much does a Sinister Shooter cost I could not find one at Auction House but maybe I am not looking at the right tab?

Just recently, I bought mine for 551,250. That is, 551k. It wasn't refined, has 1 socket with an Average Garnet. Though I had to wait some days for a Sinister Shooter to appear in the Auction Hall. The tab for the weapon is Weapons -> Elite Instance. I would say that the minimum price you can find Sinister Shooter at is 500k, usually 600k+. As I mentioned in another thread, I got the money by farming Element Fragments from Torgirn Warriors near Silver Pool.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Koltrast - Sanctuary
    Koltrast - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I was wondering why people say to grind on Wood mobs?

Because you have 3 metal skills to hurt them with, including one with a debuff that makes the other two hit even harder (and you still get some benefit from fire arrow on normal shots as well)