Hey 80+ Wizzies, got a question on spirit

Options
Feiric - Harshlands
Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
I hear so much about having a lot of leftover spirit when you go through the high levels. I'm assuming for our class it doesn't really count until after you get undine strike. Am I right?

So when you say having an overabundance of spirit, you mean you don't have any more spells to level? You'll be able to level everything the trainer offers?
Post edited by Feiric - Harshlands on

Comments

• Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Eventually You will, but not in early 80s and I'm not sure if in 80s at all. Maybe in 90s
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I had an abundance of spirit because I didn't have the spare money to level the skills.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Umm I remember at around mid lvl 80s I usually had around more than 4 mill spirit. Right now I have 9 million spirit even after spending 3 million of it on 89 skills.

And I agree with the above poster. If you don't lvl some skills youll have more spirit, later on its not a question of having enough spirit, at least for me its about having enough money x.x
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah cash is the real kicker in the mid-late 80s. Levelling AoE skills to level 10 isn't cheap ~.~
    I like pie
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am still super short on spirit (less than 100k), but I made a ton of coins from the Jolly Jones event. I have Undine Strike, hoping to save up 1 mil spirit for Whisper. Right now I have lvl 5 BT, lvl 0 the other Ultis. I'll level Dragon once I finish my 49 skills, masteries, and Whisper, and then I need to start looking towards the 89 skills (which I have in my bank already, they are sooooo cheap for Wizzies on this server xD ).
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have 0 spirit atm.
    With that said I've just finished maxing/getting every skill I'll ever need.

Minus my level 11 skills other than basic 3.
    It's tough being a wizard D:
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Alright, let's say you absolutely love every single skill offered to wizards, and you wanted to max every single one of them. Does that look possible before lvl 100? I'm talking about spirit here.

Before anyone jumps down my throat for wanting to level crappy skills, I'm just asking out of curiosity.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, veryyy possible.
    Even by 93 you could have all mage skills maxed. Unless you throw in 92 demon/sage skills, then you might not make it.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrysocolla - Harshlands
    Chrysocolla - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Alright, let's say you absolutely love every single skill offered to wizards, and you wanted to max every single one of them. Does that look possible before lvl 100? I'm talking about spirit here.

Before anyone jumps down my throat for wanting to level crappy skills, I'm just asking out of curiosity.

1-90=102m exp in total. 90-100=201m exp in total. Youll have alot of spare SP by 100, and you should be able to get all important skills maxed by ~90 presuming you dont go crazy with leveling genies...
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you have the money, you'll have no spirit during 8x, at all... at the moment I have 93k spirit, which is basically nothing now. And I'm still not done yet...

Blade Tempest = 7
    Mountain Seize = 1
    Soporific Whisper = 0
    Morning Dew = 5
    Frostblade = 1
    Pitfall = 1
    Hail = 1
    Wellspring Quaff = 5
    Dragon's Breath = 3

Those are all skills I want to/need to max still. Plus the 3 mil spirit needed for the three 89 skills. Won't be done with all of these until 93/94 I'm guessing.

And just for the record, my genie is only lv61. So it'll be a while before I get that over with too.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you have the money, you'll have no spirit during 8x, at all... at the moment I have 93k spirit, which is basically nothing now. And I'm still not done yet...

Blade Tempest = 7
    Mountain Seize = 1
    Soporific Whisper = 0
    Morning Dew = 5
    Frostblade = 1
    Pitfall = 1
    Hail = 1
    Wellspring Quaff = 5
    Dragon's Breath = 3

Those are all skills I want to/need to max still. Plus the 3 mil spirit needed for the three 89 skills. Won't be done with all of these until 93/94 I'm guessing.

And just for the record, my genie is only lv61. So it'll be a while before I get that over with too.

Ouch. That's a lot of spirit and money.