Why are some aspects of this game so difficult?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    since when can you complete MMOs anyways too?

If you've managed to do everything possible?

incorrecto, they took out rep items in the later FBs to promote wedding candy sales, which was a failed ploy indeed. buttheads need to give us back our 69-99 stamps.

basically, if you want max level, go level like crazy, its supposed to be a crowning moment, not something just given to you.

What wedding candy, or are you referring to some other version?
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you get them as a random chance in the bride and groom packs, and give them to commander in chief for rep
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you get them as a random chance in the bride and groom packs, and give them to commander in chief for rep

I meant I'd never seen them in the Boutique for sale in this version, and I know what they are and that they come in the bride/groom packs.

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you are determined enough then the difficulty isn't a problem.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well, that was indeed the purpose of taking out stamps, to try and get people to buy more ;P.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, people will always complain. I imagine they would complain about being bored if they had nothing else they could complain about.

Either that or complain about having nothing to complain about.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lets just be glad we havent seen a certain class Q_Q thread in ages
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well, that was indeed the purpose of taking out stamps, to try and get people to buy more ;P.

I'd be more willing to believe that if they actually sold Wedding Candles in the Boutique like they do in the MY-EN version.

edited June 2009
    Options
    well, dont believe it all you want, its the reason stamps dont drop in post 59
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't care about candles but it would be nice ot have something that lowers the cost of skill spirit.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Actually there is supposed to be a new system added to make up for the lost stamps however another player said that we may not get that because it was in other versions, but removed since players would use hacks to win.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i almost feel like people arent even bothering to read what i wrote before posting... i understand they are the biggest achievements... why does that mean they should be impossible to get with no clear way to plan to get them?
  • Balgemir - Sanctuary
    Balgemir - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Because this things exist only to keep you playing. If the devs see that many players are reaching the lvl cap, then they will rise the lvl cap. If many people get the "ultimate" gear, then they will create a "ultimate plus" gear even harder to get.
    The point is, you cannot beat a mmorpg, by nature once you are close to the end, they will move the finish line to keep you playing a few more years.
  • HeadTrauma - Harshlands
    HeadTrauma - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think people fail to realize that even if you had the 315,000 chips required to craft a warsoul weapon, you would still need 6 billion coins to chip all the mats. The only people capable of such a feat would be a guild that owns at least 2/3 of the map, and even then it would take months of plowing all the guild revenue into a warsoul fund to get enough coins. And do any of you think the members of the guild would forfeit their pay just to let one of the high officers get a warsoul? No way. It would realistically take years just to raise the necessary coins, even for a guild like CQ.

Chips are only half of the impossible battle. You're much better off farming 150 devil's souls than you are chipping 100 Ksitigarbha frags. Some of the lunar mats are practically impossible to farm, but at least farming mats could save you half the chips + fee. It's still an endeavor that would take the best of the best guilds years to accomplish...and that is only for 1 weapon.

No, I don't think that anyone will have an ultimate weapon within the next couple of years. So for now I am very happy with my +11 GX b:victory
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No, I don't think that anyone will have an ultimate weapon within the next couple of years. So for now I am very happy with my +11 GX
    and people told me i was wrong when i said the two new servers are heavy into cash shopping.

the whole point of making endeavors and accomplishments difficult is to keep up the elasticity of the game.
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the whole point of making endeavors and accomplishments difficult is to keep up the elasticity of the game.

That's a very silly argument Tear. It's not difficult, it's nigh impossible! why don't they just raise the level cap to 999, and create weapons that cost a googleplex jewels(made up item real number) without explaining or giving us a good way to get jewels, just so we can have a challenge and an elastic game? b:laugh
  • majelox
    majelox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I can tell you the only way a game can be more continuous and cyclic is for your character to lose what it has and for there to be advanced ways of protecting against it, and getting those things back. It cannot be based on level, or rather when a character reaches a certain very high level the ridiculous xp given would need to come from very creative quests giving them say self-titling abilities, guild members capes with a guild emblem and custom stats for each class, custom quest building abilities, guild city building abilities for their own npcs and the like, and all the city's buildings and npcs would need to be able to be killed during territory wars while yet more advanced skills would allow the ghosts of the faction officers to haunt the opposing faction and need a quest to revive themselves.

The point is things have to be more user generated after they've proven themselves dedicated and weeded out most users so its not too CPU heavy, those extra things must be able to be lost, and there would always have to be some extra way in a quest to come back and do something a different way.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    aspects which are all technically not needed to play. But there for those who are addicted, have the time and want to maximize their character to the fullest.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Once there are enough end-gamers, no doubt that there will be an expansion sooner or later that will make all of the lvl 100+ level a bit easier as well as removing the lvl105 cap we have here, as well as easing up the ways warsoul can be farmed...

PWI is still new compared to the other versions of PW, so expect a lot of changes in the upcoming months, especially since people are hitting lvl 100... PWI will need a way to keep them entertained and offer new goals.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    1. Making the level cap hard to reach lets players "Catch-up" to the higher players. If you look at a TW, when you get people starting to hit 101 and they can't really go any higher (The xp is over a billion if I remember) then your people who were 10 levels behind at one point can start to catch up and thus have a chance in a TW versus these amazing level 100's/101's.
    That makes no sense. You could catch up if there was a level cap too.

Then why is a level cap necessary?

By using such high XP values, they effectively have a level cap. However, by not having the level cap, this means that you never waste your efforts. You still gain XP, and it goes towards something.

Pretty much all your complaints I see is a means to keep players playing - there's always something there, just out of reach.
This discussion has been closed.