Money-making veno alt?

Options
Rinnve - Lost City
Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
Just interested how many of us wizards use veno alts for money-making. Is it worth it?
--
PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
Post edited by Rinnve - Lost City on

Comments

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes it is worth it, but remember venos dont make nice cash till 70+ so its better to lvl your wiz to a point ur relatively happy and then make the alt. It will not be like omg so much coin its just ok and it will take time selling w/e u farming. Grinding is very low cost for veno as long as u dont fox form grind or try to solo one mob while ur pet takes on another.
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You don't need a veno alt to make lots of easy money. :P Though to some people it is worth it, yeah. Imo making veno alts for cash is sort of the antisocial way to go about it, but hey whatever floats your boat.

My personal tip:
    Master the art of using wellspring (timing it so that it never runs out and drops your MP back down) and using double spark to replenish your MP. What is the significance you may be wondering?

You can do TT bosses at a cost of no MP charm loss. You can also grind that way, but it's less practical w/o triple spark. Simply don't equip a charm. Make friends with some people you can do TT profit runs with, and you'll make tons of money.
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You don't need a veno alt to make lots of easy money. :P Though to some people it is worth it, yeah. Imo making veno alts for cash is sort of the antisocial way to go about it, but hey whatever floats your boat.

My personal tip:
    Master the art of using wellspring (timing it so that it never runs out and drops your MP back down) and using double spark to replenish your MP. What is the significance you may be wondering?

You can do TT bosses at a cost of no MP charm loss. You can also grind that way, but it's less practical w/o triple spark. Simply don't equip a charm. Make friends with some people you can do TT profit runs with, and you'll make tons of money.

Agreed.
    (10 char)
  • Cyrinity - Harshlands
    Cyrinity - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just interested how many of us wizards use veno alts for money-making. Is it worth it?

I always found money making really difficult, especially in the 40s-50s. When I started grinding Foxwing Supremes however its a totally different ball game, they drop good! Really good infact, their fire based damage meaning you just double your fire resistance with your fire shield and you're ready to go. You don't need to just cast water spells infact your earth and fire spells are just as effective (if not more so in the case of sandstorm).
    Stick to the rules of not attacking +magic resistance and increased life as these take too long to kill and will eat away at your MP and HP.

Listen to Anemone they know their stuff. I've never tried the Wellspring thing and I'm not quite sure how that works b:surrender but TT runs for the materials to sell in Arch will make you a HUGE profit as they always seem to be in demand.

Stuff making an alt, keep with your Wizzy grinding as often as you can and level as much as you can. Why waste time leveling an alternative char when you can stick it out with your wizzy who once in the 60's will make enough cash to support itself and will be a leveling machine.

Want any advice on leveling just ask, I'm no expert but this is my first time playing Perfect World and my wizzy is my first class and I've managed to do 1-70 in 4 weeks. We really are THE leveling class b:laugh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thats why you cant pvp, if you dont use wellspring, you cant get sutra, you cant fire off 3-4 nukes in 6 seconds.....

anyways, TT runs for money is good. and another thing, ever tried zhen? with a good zhen squad 100k is easy to make
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Cyrinity - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thats why you cant pvp, if you dont use wellspring, you cant get sutra, you cant fire off 3-4 nukes in 6 seconds.....

anyways, TT runs for money is good. and another thing, ever tried zhen? with a good zhen squad 100k is easy to make

You dont have to get wellspring and use it though. I've had it for ages specifically just to get sutra and only cast it a couple of times just to see how big of an MP pool I can create.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lvl 5 wellspring > essentrial sutra

well when you said you dont use it, you dont normally level a skill you dont use
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Cyrinity - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lvl 5 wellspring > essentrial sutra

well when you said you dont use it, you dont normally level a skill you dont use

Except when its a perquisite to another skill later on through your skills tree. I've got a whole bunch of level 1 skills that I'll never use (level 5 in wellsprings case) just to continue to learn other skills.

I realise I've only been playing 4 weeks but give me some credit, this isn't the first RPG game I've ever played.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    wow my veno hit the 1mil mark yay b:victory