What do you hate most about your BM?

Seeraa - Lost City
Seeraa - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Blademaster
I hate when I get killed by a low 70 archer, and a high 60s Cleric because I used my AOE macro instead of my PVP macro which opens up with a Alter marrow magic then physical to build chi so I cannot switch back, and I am stuck getting owned by two classes doing more than 2k per hit on me.....

Right when I saw the alter marrows go off I thought to myself "RUN!" but I was already stunned and dropped down to quickly buy a new charm and equip it before I hit the ground, but fell into a lake, and then was hit with Thunderbolt which crit me for like 14k.... Tried to stay in the air but I was in the cash shop lol.

Man... Last time I ever made that mistake though, but that's what I hate about my BM.. Those Alter Marrows have got me into more trouble than anything especially when I pull a magic mob in an AOE grind, and I have to deal with him pummeling me while I run to kill him.
Post edited by Seeraa - Lost City on

Comments

• Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the one thing I don't like about my BM is that they haven't released that new skill yet... b:angry

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=322812
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What I hate on my BM is that the skills are distributed on 4 paths.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What I hate on my BM is that the skills are distributed on 4 paths.

same sort of, I hate the fact that a archer can use a sling, xbow, bow while if we want to use a fist, sword, axe, spear we have to stat our character accordingly. I don't mind paying for the skills but I don't want to change my build for a particular weapon.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hate when I get killed by a low 70 archer, and a high 60s Cleric because I used my AOE macro instead of my PVP macro which opens up with a Alter marrow magic then physical to build chi so I cannot switch back, and I am stuck getting owned by two classes doing more than 2k per hit on me.....

I wouldn't... use macro to PvP. I don't even use them to grind since my aoe one doesn't always go off -_-. I think that situations and elements change too much in PvP that you can't really macro for it. If they stun you mid-macro and your first skills are still in cool-down then... b:sad

I like my BM a lot. The one thing I don't like about it is that I can't tank (other than pure phy bosses) or heal so I feel useless during an strong AoE boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if there's anything i hate about mine it's the hp. take hits constantly, just like a barb, but don't have half the hp. least there's a heal. wait, barbs have one too. and twice the pdef. and.. and.. b:sad
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hate the heiro **** from never dying in pk b:victory
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hate that hell/heaven skill books can be for any weapon so you have high chance of getting something useless while every other class are guaranteed that they can actually make a good use of it
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    I hate that hell/heaven skill books can be for any weapon so you have high chance of getting something useless while every other class are guaranteed that they can actually make a good use of it

The skill u got is actually really good and I would have been happy to get it. Level 11 wr skills do really suck because the best skills are only fb99 ;_;

old book page and page of fate give weapon tree skills and u dont use very many for pvp so you gotta get lucky
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the LOOOOOOOW attack

so i went archer, i'm just wondering if i should keep going archer, many 9x archers say archers suck end game
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The skill u got is actually really good and I would have been happy to get it. Level 11 wr skills do really suck because the best skills are only fb99 ;_;

old book page and page of fate give weapon tree skills and u dont use very many for pvp so you gotta get lucky

It is very good, but it was useless to me because I didn't have any -good- spear.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The weak damage (both pvp and pve), and the high hp and mp use. 89 skills are also somewhat ****ty, and not all the skills get covered for lv11 (leaps).

Speaking of the leaps, the leap forward skills is glitchy as hell and doesn't work at all in air like the wizard skill. Fix please.
  • Shadek - Heavens Tear
    Shadek - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    umm i would have 2 say not enough spells 2 take on multiple people at once (sorry for the bad mention)i mean it does get annoying some times other than that i would say not enough mana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Death is peace, but how will you embrace it?
  • Organism - Lost City
    Organism - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Getting ganged..
    I die all the time cuz I attack one and then 5 magically agro for no reason.
    I also hate the fact that I can't max my skills that I need maxed while training a genie because I need the sp for skills, not for a genie I get no use out of. I'm sure the heals would be great and I'd probably use it, but I'm 45 and my genie is 13..So thatll take a whole lot of grinding/quests to get the sp and I refuse to waste my exp on it. I need to level to make it to 60 so I can start pking and realise other classes **** me so I can reroll and take another 3 months getting 60. Yes, I'm aware I level slow. b:shutup

ALSO I feel like a BM is always in an in-between status. We have more HP than the ranged classes, but our crappy mdef means that our half the amount of HP of a barb can easily be reduced in a matter of seconds. You've got to be quick on your feet to rush whoevers casting..oh wait..archers stuns and cleric's sleep..so that's not always easy with someone with a brain slightly larger than a monkey's. Just stop the BM before he can get to you? Also, though the damage is a little better than a Barbs (I guess? Not really sure of this) the damage we do is lower than that of any ranged class. Basically the only reason a BM can win is because of his/her stunning whoever theyre against.

Idk..I'm probably rerolling or making an alt or idfk/c.

the LOOOOOOOW attack

so i went archer, i'm just wondering if i should keep going archer, many 9x archers say archers suck end game

You could possibly make an LA wiz if you're planning on getting to 9x. After reading Pandora's guide and asking around a bit, it's widely said that after 9x wizards get BETTER, but before that they're pretty gimp (but with LA i guess it's not as bad: the damage isn't decreased by much and the pdef+ is attractive). Someone said wizards can grind for money easily, so that extra money allows for buying great shards and good gear, or at least decent, so maybe before 9x it isn't as bad. And i've read that archers vs. LA wiz is an equal fight due to the extra pdef..so yeah, LA wiz if your worried about 9x.
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    The weak damage (both pvp and pve), and the high hp and mp use. 89 skills are also somewhat ****ty, and not all the skills get covered for lv11 (leaps).

Speaking of the leaps, the leap forward skills is glitchy as hell and doesn't work at all in air like the wizard skill. Fix please.

I noticed that too! In the description it says leap forward 11 meters, yet I use it and I forward barely anything..Basically I could just run farther in the time that I'm leaping.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I noticed that too! In the description it says leap forward 11 meters, yet I use it and I forward barely anything..Basically I could just run farther in the time that I'm leaping.

leaps are best used when ur frozen (by towers in TW, or cleric skills, or w/e)
    or when ur slowed down a lot. the leap lags a bit, so if u turn and use leap, u might leap in the direction u were before.
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    leaps are best used when ur frozen (by towers in TW, or cleric skills, or w/e)
    or when ur slowed down a lot. the leap lags a bit, so if u turn and use leap, u might leap in the direction u were before.

So in other words, its a fail skill? I'd think a skill that says it jumps you x meters would actually move you that far..
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I use leap foward and leap back while flying, swimming and on ground. It cancell the initial mag attack with no problem.

Probably, I'm not understading what you mean properly.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The weak damage (both pvp and pve), and the high hp and mp use.

I would have to completely agree with that. Watching charms just slip away to the air mobs that **** with phys/mag combos, sucks.

I guess I need to get XS or 80 gold and refine +6 or better. Sadly I don't have the motivation to grind for hours a day for weeks on end or farm money mats for such endeavors. $$$ shopping is the unwelcome alternative. I can't imagine what my 90 gear will cost in either time or money... but I know it's not cheap if your guild doesn't farm high TT mats for you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I use leap foward and leap back while flying, swimming and on ground. It cancell the initial mag attack with no problem.

Probably, I'm not understading what you mean properly.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just playtested my leap forward (level 1) skill. It works perfectly if you are not moving, but if you're flying on your mount it sort of farts and doesn't go anywhere. This also happens on the ground and water if moving. Nevertheless, the leap back (level 1) skill works in all of these conditions. I'm not sure if the problem is fixed for other levels of the skill.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

I;m not quite sure in the PVE part and the high Hp. I cant talk on PVP.

In my case I have vit on 3 and I have grinded with other classes and I dont see them like over performing me (only with magic mobs I see grinding weakness).

I think is a matter of using the right weapon and the right skill depending on situations. Most BM's use axes only, which is great as overall but is not best for every situation.

For instance for a mag mob: face him with fists, use leap back to cancell first attack (15 chi cost), then do crazy damage with fists normal attack. if a mag attack is coming, hit him with shadowless kick. You can sometimes use drake bash too.

For single mobs, pull them with a bow. You will hit the mob at least 3 to 4 times prior facing him. then out dps him with fists. you can also, slowdown+ bleed + knock back. then hit him from range while he slowly and bleeding approaches to you.

For several mobs. hit them with your axes skills plus cyclone hill and myriad of sword stance

For runner mob, approach him with sword. when he stops, return to fists.

the skills to own are there. The real issue is that they are distributed in several weapon paths.

I dont see the reason for this. You can pretty well create stat builds based on weapon paths but skills should not be related to weapons IMO.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I dont see the reason for this. You can pretty well create stat builds based on weapon paths but skills should not be related to weapons IMO.

It's to prevent one weapon from becoming to powerful... If axes could do 99% of what bms were capable of, this thread would have axes at 90% instead of the 38% it's at now. All other weapons would be considered garbage. b:shutup

I've seen it in other games. One had exactly as you described: a class with access to 4 weapons with minimal skills linked to a specific weapon. Maces were considered best. Dual Swords was considered unworthy. 2h Swords were considered poor-man's weapons. Spears were considered npc trash. There were many cool dual swords, 2h swords and spears too... b:sad

It's better this way. Choice and/or skill with multiple weapons beats that easily. b:victory
  • Karmasbich - Harshlands
    Karmasbich - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hate the high mp usage of skills (can go through an entire gold mp charm in 2-3 days of aoe grinding) and I hate when aoe grinding I have phys marrow up and some mage comes along and **** me. xD However, I love stunlocking (if aeolian blade actually works... hate that it's only 50% chance to stun lol). I also hate that I don't hit that high lol... >_> but stunlocking pretty much makes up for that xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hate how long it takes to regen mana back up.I wished there was zealouse weapons in this game to regain mana back.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So in other words, its a fail skill? I'd think a skill that says it jumps you x meters would actually move you that far..

Leaps ****, Very situational. Imo not good in the air. Wr's typically fight more than one person at a time. (Well I do)

In TW or Open PvP let's say a ep or a ea either binds or aim lows you, typically their already at a bit of a range. Using foward or back puts you out of their range and they have to move closer to start attacking. by then it's worn off and you can use the opposite leap to either kite more and recover your hp charm or move in. I also use it when im about to get stunned, It's 50/50 sometimes I still get stunned other times im free or (This has happened a # of times) I leap get out the way and im stunned still. That's ok though again they have to move to catch up to me.

It's also really useful in Aoe grinding if you want to conserve chi by not using red sprint, aoe a set of mobs walk a bit leap foward into 3-4 more mobs leap back and aoe the first set so they don't lose aggro.

I do agree that mage blink / distance shrink is alot less glitchy and I never used my leaps on a constant basis till 9x, But I do think that they're under rated, Just have use them right.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Maybe it's because everytime I've tried the leap forward I was running, haha.. b:shutup

Edit: Yep it works, I tried standing still this time..they should really make it work both ways though, running and standing still. Say a person your after gets on their mount and speeds off..you need to be able to jump after them and standing still makes it much harder to do that..
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    leaps are op and they work fine. level 1 you aren't going to notice a difference moving because the distance u move is so small. only time i have a problem with leap is when i have sprint on. i also actually like the delay where you might not leap to where you want to go because i can do both leaps without ever losing speed. if you play around a bit you can easily:

leap forward > quickly face backward and leap backward > keep going forward

you can get 32m out of this combo when both are level 10. they are amazing for catching people off guard.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't play PVP and never will. Doesn't interest me one bit so can't comment on the long attack in PVP but it doesn't bother me at level 22 soon to be 23.

What's with the insensitive use of the word "****" that you young guys are using nowadays??! No girl would say that and it's really offensive man. You haven't been **** and if you have, you sure wouldn't be using it so freely like that.
  • roman6
    roman6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i hate that all the good heaven warrior books are in fb99 b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok, i gotta say this, only thing i hate about my BM, is not enough VIT to me (I don't understand why people cap their BM's VIT, or don't even raise at all), I'd be squishy if i don't pump up VIT x.x. At least 1 VIT per LVL would be nice b:surrender Its better off pumping STR/DEX/VIT, unless if really good gear if u want to cap (or won't bother raising) VIT

For that guy saying the genie "problem" SP sinking to me is like someone shooting themselves in their feet. SP was hard to get even without genies, EXP sink on genies, in a way is more helpful than without genies implemented ingame. I rather have all my skills mastered than to waste needed SP on my own skills and the genie needs the player's SP TO learn skills. Too much to risk, so i refuse to sink SP on my chars. SP sink won't help at all. So ofc u LVL slower if u exp sink, but u can upgrade the skills and use elixirs and no problem at all. So the way I level my genie from first priority to last...

Free exp cubes > decomposed genie to exp cube > infuse EXP > exp cubes (bought from coins) > SP sink (this would change other wise till i get all my skills mastered)

But that's just me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ok, i gotta say this, only thing i hate about my BM, is not enough VIT to me (I don't understand why people cap their BM's VIT, or don't even raise at all), I'd be squishy if i don't pump up VIT x.x. At least 1 VIT per LVL would be nice b:surrender Its better off pumping STR/DEX/VIT, unless if really good gear if u want to cap (or won't bother raising) VIT

For that guy saying the genie "problem" SP sinking to me is like someone shooting themselves in their feet. SP was hard to get even without genies, EXP sink on genies, in a way is more helpful than without genies implemented ingame. I rather have all my skills mastered than to waste needed SP on my own skills and the genie needs the player's SP TO learn skills. Too much to risk, so i refuse to sink SP on my chars. SP sink won't help at all. So ofc u LVL slower if u exp sink, but u can upgrade the skills and use elixirs and no problem at all. So the way I level my genie from first priority to last...

Free exp cubes > decomposed genie to exp cube > infuse EXP > exp cubes (bought from coins) > SP sink (this would change other wise till i get all my skills mastered)

But that's just me

The TT90 set gives a ton of hp when refined.

Have fun leveling your genie with EXP lvl 70+, you'll be leveling ridiculously slow. SP is a better choice at higher levels because you have a ton of it sitting around. Your goal of maxing every single skill is a nice one, but it's expensive as hell. Just maxing 1 weapon path's skills requires over 10 mil coins (the 4 weapon skills and mastery). Add in all the common tree skills you want to max, and if you're hybrid, it gets really really costly. You have to calculate which option is a better use of money, spend either 2 mil spirit to give drake sweep an extra 1.2k dmg, or spend that 2 mil to level up your genie so you can get a better Balance.