Clerics and Alabaster Shards

Phsyco - Lost City
Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Just wondering why most clerics use Sapphire shards over Alabaster shards. Do they have any other element other than metal? Wouldn't it be cheaper as well to use Alabaster?
Post edited by Phsyco - Lost City on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Elemental shards don't work with casters and if they did metal damage doesn't increase heals ;d
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Elemental shards don't work with casters and if they did metal damage doesn't increase heals ;d

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I know i almost cried when i saw the shard in daikokus weapon.
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    saphires increase your spell damage, and your heals thats why we use them:P
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pervs wrote: »

yeah but hes got so much hp he can just walk up to you and swing o.O +9 g13 armor ftw
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Seems to have only been touched on, so to explain further, the elemental shards dont increase spell damage. They are similar to the Wizard buff that adds water damage to physical attacks. Thats all they do, if you put alabaster shards on your weapon, the only effect would be to add metal damage to your physical attacks. They're pretty much a waste, there's a reason perfect elemental shards from world bosses have a hard time being sold even at 200k (when if they were manufactured, the cost would be well over 10 mil).
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pervs wrote: »

I almost cried when I saw you bound a unplused XS
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    HOWEVER: if you use a sapphire shard, it gives you elemental defense against all elements. But very little. If you have a certain element you are very weak in, (Metal;alabaster) its very useful to use a high shard to give u much more defense against that one element. I use them a lot. However, better off to use sapphire shards in weapons. Some will agree with me but at lvl 73 I've done it both ways and it seems to be better for me, cause metal damage and earth hits me hard. Either way, I bought a perfect alabaster for 200k. Its worth WAY more than that. You will not get a perfect sapphire for that. A beautiful maybe :) Anyways hope this helps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

its +1 now :D
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"