to make it more fun for new comers

Messed - Sanctuary
Messed - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
i think that you should reset all the servers periodically and give everyone they're gold back or make another server and give a long notice before it happens. because when you start and the highest are 9x's you just give up and quit. some people want to experience the gam as top players even though they started late.
Post edited by Messed - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Giving the gold back would make no sense. The gold was gotten with real money. The real money keeps the servers running, the staff paid, and the game working. If they refunded everyone's gold that they already used to buy things, not only would it be a logistical nightmare, it would bankrupt the company and we'd have no game to play. Lose/Lose.

They opened two new servers three months ago. PVE Dreamweaver and PvP Harshlands, both located on the East Coast US. If you want a lower level playerbase, head to one of those. They can't open new servers every couple of months because, again, they'd go bankrupt and we'd have no game to play. They are spending their time instead on bringing us new game expansions, items, and fun things to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    "Lareish" what he's saying is give everyone the gold back into their accounts (not refund all the money but all the gold items you have(or the record of all gold you've bought returned)... But what you cannot return doing this "Messed" is all the Time I've spent earning my levels. So while it may be nicer for you how do you propose repaying me for all the items and levels I've so painstakingly acquired?

Try getting a barb to your same level and see if you are still playing the same tune (aka if you still think it's fair). It takes me significantly longer to level then any other class I've played (excepting the wizard who is very squishy - I kill really fast but don't survive many hits on the wizzy).
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I know he means getting the gold back. What I meant was, say, you spent $50 to get 50 gold. Over time you spent that on a mount, fashion, whatever, so you now have 0 gold. But suddenly you have your 50 gold back. Why donate? You can just buy Cash Shop items all over again. And sell them back into the server through AH/Catshop.

If everyone got the gold they'd spent back, those donators wouldn't have to donate. All the repeat donators would suddenly have a TON of gold, and wouldn't need to send money to PWE ever again.

The company would go bankrupt and the game would die. No fun :p

*edit*

And I agree. The time spent leveling is invaluable. Those with 8x, 9x, 1xx have put time, effort, and often money into getting where they are. They started as level 1's at some point too. Y'all got to where you are through hard work and shouldn't have that ganked away from you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree with the gold thing.

If they reset servers (if I understood that correctly) then people who are the lvl they are would quit because of the time they spent getting there.

Adding new servers is ridiculous, there are what 5? Why add more? Just so newer members dont quit. Honestly I make a new char like every other day, I dont have any issues with getting mad because of higher lvls.

And having higher lvls is good so they can help greedy people like myself.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.