Does this game Support Quad core CPU's/Dual Gpu's?

So_Sweeet - Sanctuary
So_Sweeet - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
I was just wondering if this game Supports Quad core CPU's or Dual GPU's, because when i turn the settings up to max, i get very low framerates, i do not have this issue with ANY game besides crysis on max.

My specs

AMD PhenomII 940 @ 3.2ghz (4 cpu's)
OCZ 4gb 1066mhz RAM
Xfx 4870x2 ( dual gpu card )
and the rest do not make much difference.

any help would be greatly appreciated =]

thanks in advance
Post edited by So_Sweeet - Sanctuary on

Comments

• CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was just wondering if this game Supports Quad core CPU's or Dual GPU's, because when i turn the settings up to max, i get very low framerates, i do not have this issue with ANY game besides crysis on max.

My specs

AMD PhenomII 940 @ 3.2ghz (4 cpu's)
    OCZ 4gb 1066mhz RAM
    Xfx 4870x2 ( dual gpu card )
    and the rest do not make much difference.

any help would be greatly appreciated =]

thanks in advance

bump. interested in the answer. purchasing something like this soon
  • sandeep122
    sandeep122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a multi-core processor and the game is running too fast or slow, what can I do?

If you are using one, you may have to change the Affinity settings for the processor to run the
    game better.

To do this, start the game and then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. In the
    processes tab, find elementclient.exe. Right-click on it and choose Set Affinity.

Untick/uncheck all but one CPU, then select OK.

AMD Resources for Optimizing your multi-core CPUs:http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_9706,00.html
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The game runs fine on multi-core machines. Depending on your config, you may have to set the Affinity to run the game with just one CPU core.

The game does NOT take advantage of any multi threading features.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.