Difference between server EXP rates?

Arcan - Heavens Tear
Arcan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I heard that the servers have different EXP rate, with lost city being the highest. Is this true, and if so, what is the difference between rates on the servers? Thx in advance
Hai :3
Post edited by Arcan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I do not believe this is true. People just tend to level more on LC due to a higher competition rate from forced PK mode all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I rather doubt this is true. It would mean that the game coding would be different for each server - which would mean what, 5 different client versions all at once?

Player leveling speed, taken at a server-wide comparison, is affected by in-game time, grind vs quest, how hard you push it, and how much Cash Shop and Event EXP items are being used. On the PvP servers (Lost City, Harshlands), there is generally thought to be more CS use and more emphasis on leveling quickly. This is because low levels (30-50) are uh, 'urged' to level quickly or die to the higher level PK groups. There is not as much urgency to do so on the PvE servers (Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, Dreamweaver) because the players there can level in relative peace, taking the quests at their own pace rather than having a PK cattle prod always at their back urging them on.

On top of that, Lost City has some of the higest levels in part because it's one of the first servers. Harshlands (PvP) and Dreamweaver (PvE) are the two newest at only about 3 months old. They have lower levels comparatively because of this. But Harshlands, at the least, is getting up there thanks to Oracle Events and 24/7 grinders. It's competitive here, to put it lightly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Competetive, thats what you call it.(search youtube for Harshlands/a certain factions name).

But yeah people try and level as fast as they can on there, PvE tends to be more laid back.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pve servers have no reason to level after 90 really, im at 88 and ive been playing since cb... theres no motivation to level... q.q
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There is no difference in EXP rate between PvP and PvE servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It may not be true on here, but on the uk verions there is double exp and double drops,, ive been playing alot on there, and am thinking about abanding ours especially since they have alot more mounts, fash, charms etc.
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The server rates on PWI servers are all the same. Having multiple servers with different rates is quite possible though, as private servers do it. All it takes is setting up some new code or modifying some code in the server. This is why you cannot use more than multi-client or zoom hacks on PWI, since all the data is serversided. The only thing we have on our end is the information to the server, such as what is in the boutique, the map data, etc. We just have enough on our end to connect to the server without any huge issues.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It may not be true on here, but on the uk verions there is double exp and double drops,, ive been playing alot on there, and am thinking about abanding ours especially since they have alot more mounts, fash, charms etc.

Your UK version is a private server as there is no official UK version for PW, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your UK version is a private server as there is no official UK version for PW, lol.

maybe he means ML
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I rather doubt this is true. It would mean that the game coding would be different for each server - which would mean what, 5 different client versions all at once?

Player leveling speed, taken at a server-wide comparison, is affected by in-game time, grind vs quest, how hard you push it, and how much Cash Shop and Event EXP items are being used. On the PvP servers (Lost City, Harshlands), there is generally thought to be more CS use and more emphasis on leveling quickly. This is because low levels (30-50) are uh, 'urged' to level quickly or die to the higher level PK groups. There is not as much urgency to do so on the PvE servers (Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, Dreamweaver) because the players there can level in relative peace, taking the quests at their own pace rather than having a PK cattle prod always at their back urging them on.

On top of that, Lost City has some of the higest levels in part because it's one of the first servers. Harshlands (PvP) and Dreamweaver (PvE) are the two newest at only about 3 months old. They have lower levels comparatively because of this. But Harshlands, at the least, is getting up there thanks to Oracle Events and 24/7 grinders. It's competitive here, to put it lightly.

The rates are entirely server-sided. If the client was allowed to decide on the drops et all, it'll be complete chaos with countless hackers/cheaters modifying it and hitting the level cap, becoming super rich, etc before they've killed more than a couple mobs. b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I heard that the servers have different EXP rate, with lost city being the highest. Is this true, and if so, what is the difference between rates on the servers? Thx in advance

false.

all servers have the same exp rate, pvp servers are more kill or be killed and fast paced so you gotta move faster to survive.

pve is more relaxed so you can dink around etc.
  • OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lol there is huge difference Sanctuary exp is GREAT on frost with hypersb:laugh I love frost but only on sanctuary new servers have horrible exp without hypers.b:victory
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ...Stop bringing the necro apocalypse on the forums, Oggo. <__<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lol there is huge difference Sanctuary exp is GREAT on frost with hypersb:laugh I love frost but only on sanctuary new servers have horrible exp without hypers.b:victory

Please learn to READ the forum RULES.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Eeew, necro hoe spoted b:shutup !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Has anyone been so far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.