Memory usage reached 1 gig.. normal?

blindeyesniper
blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I was afking while doing WQ and one of my programs stopped working so I went into task manager to remove it. That's when I noticed that pw client is using more than 1 gig of memory. Since I have 4 gigs of memory installed, 1 gig isn't much but is it normal that it's using this much?
Post edited by blindeyesniper on

Comments

• Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    this issue has been addressed for a few weeks already but yet to be fixed...it is not normal for pwi to take up that much memory, it is caused by a memory leak that they need to fix. PWI is at max prolly suppose to take up around 300mb of ram.
    if you stay afk in arch or any of the bigger cities you will get dc pretty quick due to the rapid memory leak there. other places will slowly drain it. quick solution is to close pwi and relog after you have opened for a while so it doesn't lag the game or your computer programs.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    to add to fallens very accurate statement, sometimes even if you close the game an old PW process will linger and eat a lot of cpu/ram , which needs to be manually closed via task manage or a reboot
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ive never had issues with memory leaks, lags, or d/c's o.o except when the actual server crashes ofc. and my computer is a POS. less than 1gig of ram
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ive never had issues with memory leaks, lags, or d/c's o.o except when the actual server crashes ofc. and my computer is a POS. less than 1gig of ram

Might have to do with: OS, video settings, where you are in game, VM settings etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The more Ram you have, the more memory will windows dedicate to the programs you use. and depends on os too and all that kinky **** lol.

im using around 1,5Gb ram out of 8GB when im playing normaly ( vista 64 bit max detail).
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz