The Ultimate Weapon Datasheet

2»

Comments

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    And while the entire faction is trying to kill that one character with the glowy weapon of doom who is probably decimating them one by one, what is the rest of glowy weapon weilding character's faction doing?

A. Standing around watching the other faction destroy their guildie.

B. Attacking the opposing faction, but not helping the glowy weapon of doom wielding character.

C. Both attacking the opposing faction, and healing the glowy weapon of doom wielding character.

I'll make it easy for you to understand.

The glowy weapon of doom wielding character will continue to rain destruction upon the enemy, taking many with them by the time they are taken down because their guildies are helping them and attacking the opposing faction.

PvP isn't about 1 on 1.

PvP is about teamwork.

Agreed lol and if it **** super bad i bet he/she would get one or two person clerics b:shocked that would **** super bad b:cry.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    And while the entire faction is trying to kill that one character with the glowy weapon of doom who is probably decimating them one by one, what is the rest of glowy weapon weilding character's faction doing?

B. Attacking the opposing faction, but not helping the glowy weapon of doom wielding character.

C. Both attacking the opposing faction, and healing the glowy weapon of doom wielding character.

The glowy weapon of doom wielding character will continue to rain destruction upon the enemy, taking many with them by the time they are taken down because their guildies are helping them and attacking the opposing faction.

PvP isn't about 1 on 1.

PvP is about teamwork.

QFT

lmao Glowy weapon on doom
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    All of this talk made me look at the release date of Aion again.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited June 2009

PvP isn't about 1 on 1.

PvP is about teamwork.

All it needs is 5 archers on that guy, and no matter how many clerics he has on him he's gone. And those archers will be protected by their guild as well, so it's still gonna end up bad for glowy weapon of doom guy.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Vellamo - Heavens Tear
    Vellamo - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If I were a billionaire...

If I had wads of cash burning holes in my pocket I think I might spend it on the following:

Buy Bill Gates home
    Porsche 911
    50 foot yacht
    Alienware gaming laptop
    new pants with reinforced pockets to carry the wads of cash
    etc etc

I kinda doubt I would be terribly concerned about my Perfect World Wep... but then again there are a few people I would like to go shred.

It is interesting that they made this item as an obvious exclusive rich kids toy yet it cannot be obtained from the boutique. If there is some rich dude playing who deems this wep worth the 50Gs then he would have to trade gold for coin. If he were impatient and dropped 54,000 zen onto the AH all at once the price per gold would take a nose dive as the supply would vastly outweigh the demand. If this happened then his 54,000 zen gold would be worth even less in coin and he would probably end up paying more like 100k gold for the coin to obtain the mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    All it needs is 5 archers on that guy, and no matter how many clerics he has on him he's gone. And those archers will be protected by their guild as well, so it's still gonna end up bad for glowy weapon of doom guy.

Let's do some math.

1 player is occupying 5 - 6 players on the opposing faction because if they don't then that one player is going to wreck havoc on everyone else. If the sides had even numbers, then the side with the glowy weapon of doom will have the upper hand because they have more players actually engaging the rest of the opposing faction, and not trying to keep a single player down.

No matter how you slice it, the side with the glowy weapon of doom has the upper hand unless they were out-numbered/out-leveled to begin with.

Something I believe a lot of people are not getting is that the biggest threat will often draw the strongest players to take them out which leaves the rest of the opposing force weaker. It is tactically sound for the player with the glowy weapon of doom to take the focus fire and dies while their side goes for the win. Whether they kill 1 player, 10 players or die everytime due to focus fire, they are having an effect on the battle, and that effect isn't in the opposing sides favor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaszpires
    kaszpires Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ULTIMATE WEAPON
  • kaszpires
    edited September 2009
    ULTIMATE WEAPON
  • kaszpires
    edited September 2009